Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Introducing MONSTALINER� UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

2M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Hi All,

We are a new advertiser on jeepforum.com and I just want to introduce myself, our company and a very interesting new product.

My name is Eric and I have 25+ years experience in coatings manufacturing.
Our company Magnet Paints, is focused on industrial maintenance and commercial fleet refinish coatings,
epoxy and urethane concrete floor coatings and automotive restoration paints.

We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.

For the past 5 years, our lab has been developing and fine tuning a roll on bed liner product.
The product has evolved through 3 generations of testing, development and field trials and has just been
commercialized and is available for sale.

I have personally been involved with installations on more than 20 vehicles in the last 4 years in which
my feedback and experience alone was the determining factor that the product was complete and ready for release.

Monstaliner started as a pet project. One of our employees had used a widely popular DIY bed liner on his
personal truck and was not so pleased with the outcome. He came into work one day with a mission and
for almost a year, he kept badgering the chemists in our lab to develop a better product.

One day after getting tired of listening to this guy rant, we sat down and mapped out what a
new generation do-it-yourself bed liner would have to offer to be successful. A first, we just toyed with the
project but we knew that a much better product was possible compared to those already on the market.

So here we are, very proud to present:

MONSTALINER™ High Performance DIY Roll On Bed Liner

I don't want to write a book here so I will post the web site link for all who are curious to check this out on their own time.

As an introduction special and for the rest of this month at least,
we are offering free shipping on anything sold on the web site.

Just use Promo Code "FSBL-1" when ordering either online or by phone.

Everyone, anyone... please feel free to ask any questions. I am always available to help.

Best Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

PS: We are looking for dealers in markets involving Jeep, Truck, 4x4 and Off-Roading.
If anyone with a legit business either online or offline has interest, just get in touch and we can
work with you to make something happen.

Additional links on our main web site
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Paint Over Rust to Stop Rust Permanently With Chassis Saver Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

See less See more
#11,973 ·
I'm 16 and I've never done this before Monstaliner came in today. I'm gonna roll it tomorrow. Wish me luck I hope it comes out good.

#11,975 ·
I'm getting ready to do my gas tank, I've already done my hood and I love it. But I have one small hickup, when I did my hood I only got 1 roller thinking it was small enough to get by. Well it didn't, completely my fault, and I have a ton of roller flecks. Anyways I want to put one more coat on my hood after sanding off all the roller flecks. Can you give me a recommendation on how to go about this, such as grit, and prep after words? I will be using my 4" grinder to do it. Or I also have a 6" variable speed grinder/buffer as well. Thanks for the help, and it truly is a great product.

#11,976 ·
I think before going power scuffing I would test a coarse hand scuff pad just to see what it does and if it will remove the nubs. If that does not do enough, a palm sander with 120 grit would be a first option. A hand grinder spins too fast so you may want to avoid that tool for this and risk doing damage. The nubs are foam encased in liner so they should shear off relatively easy and another coat should hide them as long as you get them flattened down and not sharp. May want to just wrap a hand sanding block with 100 grit and gently run it over surface first to knock down flecks.

Final scuff does not need to remove texture, just generate some fine dust and dull the surface. Flexible had pad scuffing will do best for this. Follow up with acetone or MEK wipe and then roll.

#11,984 ·
More Monsta goodness! :highfive:
I first sprayed one coat of Dupont Corlar 2.1 ST black epoxy primer. Once dry to the touch, I then sprayed two coats of Monsta using Eric's economy gun. It was 90º here in Tampa, Florida. Because of the heat and humidity, there wasn't much down time between coats, but that just made the job go faster. I'm tickled with the results! Thanks for a great product, Eric!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

#11,986 ·
If I primerd my vehicle then later wanted to Monstaline, would it stick to that or would I have to sand that down as well?

#11,987 ·
Blk92XJGuy said:
If I primerd my vehicle then later wanted to Monstaline, would it stick to that or would I have to sand that down as well?
I didn't sand down after priming with rustoleoum primer that was suggested earlier in this thread, also waited a couple days between priming and monstalining, it's been holding up for ~2yrs

#11,988 ·
Right on. I may just go straight to lining it. I'll want to use the spray method this time around. I'm assuming I can get a rougher texture with the gun? I need to get a compressor too.. Any spec recommendations? haha

#11,993 ·
Ah very nice. That wasn't coming up on my phone.. I'll be spraying it then.

#11,996 ·
How does Medium Quartz Gray come out? I kind of want to do something besides black since every vehicle on my driveway is black, and I already have a black ML vehicle. I saw a pic of a Wrangler with it and it looks really nice especially with black accents.

I'm debating between Pyroclastic and Medium Quartz Gray. I didn't like how Pyro came out on my bumper with the black exterior, but I think if it was a main color it'd look better. Does spraying it or adding MEK alter the color at all? I rolled Pyroclastic onto a bare metal bumper that had white bare metal primer on it. Could that have affected the outcome? My new vehicle is black.

This guy's Pyroclastic Jeep from this thread looks nice:

#11,997 ·
All pics are PYRO but the pickup rockers are Med Quartz Gray.
Adding MEK or spraying does not affect color.
First choice for primer should always be closer to final color so for MQG or PYRO I would prime gray before white.
Does not affect the final job but if you get some chips the primer will show through.

Attachments

#11,998 ·
Now I'm leaning more towards Pyro. It's a great color, I just didn't like it as a bumper color with a black exterior. I wish I would have primed the bumper better, but you live you learn. Do you recommend me priming the black Jeep gray or would a sanded black Jeep be fine for Pyro or MQG?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.