Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 260 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #3886
55willystruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman View Post
One other trick is to use some sort of grinder, and cut the round head of the bolt into a more square head. Then you can get vice grips or something similar on it with some better grip and turn it out. If you cannot weld or it is difficult to weld this may be a good option, but welding a nut on would probably be the best way.
Hey, great idea-I'm going to have to remember that for next time if I cant get the welder to it. Thanks!

Best of luck,

Mike

55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #3887
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55willystruck View Post
Hey, great idea-I'm going to have to remember that for next time if I cant get the welder to it. Thanks!

Best of luck,

Mike

No problem; I had to do that to get the axle side trackbar bolt out. If owning a Jeep has taught me anything, it's a million ways to remove a stuck bolt.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #3888
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman View Post
No problem; I had to do that to get the axle side trackbar bolt out. If owning a Jeep has taught me anything, it's a million ways to remove a stuck bolt.
It's out. Went down the block to the mechanic shop and borrowed a gun style impact wrench with a slight angle drive. We heated from under and it took 5 seconds

Thanks for all the suggestions!
magnetman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #3889
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Glad you got it out. I was going to either suggest heat and an impact, or picking up a 2"x2" from HD or Lowes and drilling a hole in it to slide over the ratchet to make a long breaker bar. That is what I had to do for the rear brackets on the Rubi.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #3890
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
It's out. Went down the block to the mechanic shop and borrowed a gun style impact wrench with a slight angle drive. We heated from under and it took 5 seconds

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Good to know. I'll have to try this first when I go to remove my seat. I know the drivers side torx is stuck on their. Last time I tried to remove it I gave up, have to get the impact gun out first.

I'll eventually get around to ordering some Monstaliner, but gotta get new tires first!

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #3891
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Good to know. I'll have to try this first when I go to remove my seat. I know the drivers side torx is stuck on their. Last time I tried to remove it I gave up, have to get the impact gun out first.

I'll eventually get around to ordering some Monstaliner, but gotta get new tires first!
Yeah the regular angle impact wrench did nothing. Only when we got the gun type mechanics unit with top pressure on it did it move
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #3892
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Vacation Notice

We will be closed next week for July 4th holiday
Will reopen for business on Monday July 11th

Anyone intending on getting materials for this weekend or next week needs to place an order by tomorrow evening (Wed).
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #3893
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We will be closed next week for July 4th holiday
Will reopen for business on Monday July 11th

Anyone intending on getting materials for this weekend or next week needs to place an order by tomorrow evening (Wed).
So if we order tonight you will guarantee that we have it by this weekend? Or you're saying that you will be able to get them shipped before then?
clg82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #3894
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We've torched it and soaked with WD40 for days
For reference, WD40 is alright to loosen up sticky old pliers or a squeaky door hinge, but it's not really a penetrating oil. Off the shelf PB Blast does an alright job, but if you want the real deal industrial/pro grade you need AeroKroil. That stuff is simply amazing. Note the free trial offer. It's worth keeping a can or two of the aerosol version around.

Quote:
Yeah the regular angle impact wrench did nothing. Only when we got the gun type mechanics unit with top pressure on it did it move
Got pics of both? Now I'm curious as to what you're talking about.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #3895
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
So if we order tonight you will guarantee that we have it by this weekend? Or you're saying that you will be able to get them shipped before then?
All orders will be shipped before we close for vacation. If you are in a nearby UPS zone and you order fast you may get it before the weekend otherwise it would arrive next week
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #3896
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
For reference, WD40 is alright to loosen up sticky old pliers or a squeaky door hinge, but it's not really a penetrating oil. Off the shelf PB Blast does an alright job, but if you want the real deal industrial/pro grade you need AeroKroil. That stuff is simply amazing. Note the free trial offer. It's worth keeping a can or two of the aerosol version around.

Got pics of both? Now I'm curious as to what you're talking about.
No pics. I think what we were using originally was just a standard heavy air ratchet vs a true impact wrench which got it out
Unread 06-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #3897
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

One last question before I order it tonight....please tell me your product comes with some cool *** stickers so I can advertise for you, i read back on page 24 that you were creating some....do they come with ?
Unread 06-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #3898
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Still waiting for info on being a reseller?
Unread 06-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #3899
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yo Magnetman, I just placed my order! Thanks again for the great discounts and i'll be sure to post pictures when all is said and done....oh one question when do we receive a tracking number heehee
Unread 06-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #3900
55willystruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Yo Magnetman, I just placed my order! Thanks again for the great discounts and i'll be sure to post pictures when all is said and done....oh one question when do we receive a tracking number heehee
I ordered late last night, my tracking number was here early this morning...

I don't think this guy ever sleeps-always working, responding to emails, calls, PMs, thread updates, MonstaMagic, etc...

MonstaMan-Glad you're taking a week off for the 4th. Looks like you could use it! Hope you have a great time, celebrate well, be safe and take a little time to enjoy yourself a bit-Lord knows you deserve it!

Thanks again Man,

Best of Luck,

Mike
55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.