Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 255 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 06-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #3811
JeepJohn92
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Heres an example of my paint, im thinking i might have to do some light sanding and rust repair before i start to monstaline my rig and many thanks go out to mike_breaker_5 for letting me know about this thread and product.

pic_0340.jpg  
Colorado Jeep Club Member #343
Built not bought.
JeepJohn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #3812
JamesHasler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

When I did the exterior of my YJ, the paint was flaking and clearcoat was coming up. Althhough painful, I sanded it down to the primer with 60 grit. Where I sanded through the primer, I used Chassis Saver on the bare metal. And 12 hours later, I rolled on the Monsta...

Not sure you have to sand everything down, but I didn't want the flaking clear coat to jack it up. So for me, better safe than sorry...

Good luck! Should look great when it is done!

James
JamesHasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #3813
JeepJohn92
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I think ill just sand down the clear coat to where its solid and then do a body liner on my bare primer. Should have this all done in a month or two! Heres hopin!
Built not bought.
Unread 06-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #3814
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

ok got my 2 gallon kit and have a question is it normal for the gallon cans to be bulging? both are bulging top and bottom to the point they dont sit level. havent tried to open them yet. if it matters temp out is about 95
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #3815
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
ok got my 2 gallon kit and have a question is it normal for the gallon cans to be bulging? both are bulging top and bottom to the point they dont sit level. havent tried to open them yet. if it matters temp out is about 95
Someone else had cans like this; I believe everything was alright, they just said to make sure you open the cans very slowly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
geiman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #3816
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
It should not be an issue. Happens sometimes with Chassis Saver and Monstaliner since they are moisture curing products and may have been stored in higher temp warehouse

Lay a rag over top of can and carefully pry up lid and it will release the pressure build up in the can. Don't open the can fully just bang the lid back down.

Note that you do not have to do this now. You can just wait until ready to use.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #3817
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJohn92 View Post
Heres an example of my paint, im thinking i might have to do some light sanding and rust repair before i start to monstaline my rig and many thanks go out to mike_breaker_5 for letting me know about this thread and product.
anytime i see someone about to take the dark road towards rhino lining i make it my personal mission to show them the light. don't forget to link us your application thread. there hasn't been a cherrocar writeup yet i don't think for exterior application. i'm sure our resident mad scientist would like to see it aswell.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #3818
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJohn92 View Post
I think ill just sand down the clear coat to where its solid and then do a body liner on my bare primer. Should have this all done in a month or two! Heres hopin!
What's your plan on this, color or black?
Unread 06-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #3819
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
anytime i see someone about to take the dark road towards rhino lining i make it my personal mission to show them the light. don't forget to link us your application thread. there hasn't been a cherrocar writeup yet i don't think for exterior application. i'm sure our resident mad scientist would like to see it aswell.
I always bring up monsta-liner and chassis saver, but I really have no experience with the others, so I have a tough time arguing....I just give 'em the thread here...if that don't sell 'em, lord help 'em, lol.
Unread 06-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #3820
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No real need to have experience with the others. With the CS, the results and price should be enough to turn anyone. With the monsta, you have great results and know what the others do. People can take a look at the new finished product and see that the old finished product you have is still much nicer.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #3821
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got a sample today. I had a line on someone who could get me some Rhino Liner for about the same price as the Monstaliner kit, but after seeing the the sample and the feeling the texture and seeing how flexible it was it has swayed me. I'm also really lazy and after having repainted my Jeep a quality roll on bed liner sounds nice.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #3822
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
I got a sample today. I had a line on someone who could get me some Rhino Liner for about the same price as the Monstaliner kit, but after seeing the the sample and the feeling the texture and seeing how flexible it was it has swayed me. I'm also really lazy and after having repainted my Jeep a quality roll on bed liner sounds nice.
Glad you like the sample

BTW: Sounds like someone is giving you a line.
Rhino is not something you can install yourself. It's a hot sprayed polyurea that cures in 5 - 10 seconds. You need a $30K spray rig to install
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #3823
JeepJohn92
1988 XJ Cherokee 

how much are samples and how much do you get?
Built not bought.
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #3824
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Glad you like the sample

BTW: Sounds like someone is giving you a line.
Rhino is not something you can install yourself. It's a hot sprayed polyurea that cures in 5 - 10 seconds. You need a $30K spray rig to install
Maybe it was line x or just U-pol. I don't ****ing know, it was one of those "friend of a friend" things.

^^^ You can request a free sample at their website. Even came with a little personalized letter.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #3825
JeepJohn92
1988 XJ Cherokee 

How much did you get? Im hoping enough to do maybe my hood? poor thing is showing all her primer T~T
Built not bought.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.