6Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3796 of Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
loic
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: las vegas
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Got it thanks! That will ship by Friday
thanks !!

loic is offline  
post #3797 of Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
cool, I can live with that and I think the wife will agree. Can I get the S8 locally? if not is ther something else that will work or do I need to order it? Hoping to try this weekend and see how it turns out, will post pics and what I tried incase anyone else wants to try it.
S8 would only be available local if you found a Chassis Saver dealer that stock it

Pretty sure you can use xylene also to roll

Been thinking hard on this. Want to do another test tomorrow. Will have better results and recommendations. I want to see that come out great

Can you find cone strainers local?

Also, what are you doing to prep exterior first? Scuffing, no primer I assume?

Do you have any extra rollers from the previous liner job(s)
magnetman is offline  
post #3798 of Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by loic View Post
I'll find/make some shade, but see, right now its 20:30 and still 96F .... should I make the "paint" a bit thinner so it doesn't dry up to quickly ?
But what is the temp typically at 0700?
magnetman is offline  
post #3799 of Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM
loic
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: las vegas
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
But what is the temp typically at 0700?
today it was about 78f at 0500, but I wont be able to do that before the first week of July. early am in July the temp should be arround 88 / 92 f ...welcome to Vegas !!
loic is offline  
post #3800 of Old 06-16-2011, 12:44 AM
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal
 
The_Blacksmith's Avatar
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 2,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Your welding rods are really standing straight up over Burnt Orange
its different haha. might be hard to hide it tho haha
The_Blacksmith is offline  
post #3801 of Old 06-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Viencent
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Abilene
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
S8 would only be available local if you found a Chassis Saver dealer that stock it

Pretty sure you can use xylene also to roll

Been thinking hard on this. Want to do another test tomorrow. Will have better results and recommendations. I want to see that come out great

Can you find cone strainers local?

Also, what are you doing to prep exterior first? Scuffing, no primer I assume?

Do you have any extra rollers from the previous liner job(s)
ok used your site and no one near Abilene Texas is listed think I will just order from your site to be safe.

whats a cone strainer? can i find one at home depot?

as for prep was going to do a light sanding then wipe down with mek. that work?

no rollers atm.

being that this weekend is fathers day may put this off till next weekend, plus it gives us more time to get everything together
Viencent is offline  
post #3802 of Old 06-16-2011, 06:46 AM
ajf1994
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
ok used your site and no one near Abilene Texas is listed think I will just order from your site to be safe.

whats a cone strainer? can i find one at home depot?

as for prep was going to do a light sanding then wipe down with mek. that work?

no rollers atm.

being that this weekend is fathers day may put this off till next weekend, plus it gives us more time to get everything together
Cone Strainer

-SupportOurTroops-
My Build Thread
MONSTALINE'D for Life!
I Supported Stu!

High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-Tim View Post
my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
ajf1994 is offline  
post #3803 of Old 06-16-2011, 12:10 PM
geiman
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 2,403
Whew, what a read. I've been going through this thread from post 1 over the last week or so, finally made it through to the end! This stuff simply amazes me, its most definitely next on the todo list. I was looking at doing the Raptor since I've seen so much about that on this board; somehow I completely missed this product, I couldn't believe it. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread before I ordered the other stuff. You can be expecting an order from me in the near future, just need to decide if I want to go straight black for the inside of the tub or maybe a color. Decisions, decisions...
geiman is offline  
post #3804 of Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
ok used your site and no one near Abilene Texas is listed think I will just order from your site to be safe.

whats a cone strainer? can i find one at home depot?

as for prep was going to do a light sanding then wipe down with mek. that work?

no rollers atm.

being that this weekend is fathers day may put this off till next weekend, plus it gives us more time to get everything together


For sure in auto paint stores. Not sure on Home Depot or Lowes but they really should? I think you prob should have a few extra rollers for an exterior job so I can send some strainers to you

180 grit sand the exterior first. FYI: in working on our revised install guide I am recommending priming exteriors first just for assurance that all surfaces are equal. We have a 1 part rollable item that works well if you think you want to go the extra step for sake of the best job possible. IT SMELLS REALLY BAD

Are you planning to do this in an open garage or outside?

I'm testing xylene tomorrow with rolling smooth. It may work better than S8 reducer
magnetman is offline  
post #3805 of Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 PM
JeepJohn92
Registered User
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coloroado Springs
Posts: 339
I've watched your videos on Youtube and am very impressed, you have yourself here a future customer. I have one question, my Jeep used to live on the coast and there's a lot of decay from the salt. The clear coat is chipping off and I can't help but ask, will I have to thin out or completely remove my paint down to the primer before I line my rig?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #343
Built not bought.

Last edited by JeepJohn92; 06-16-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Edited for grammatical errors.
JeepJohn92 is offline  
post #3806 of Old 06-16-2011, 11:03 PM
mike_breaker_5
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: emporium,
Posts: 3,005
nope as long as you don't have rust showing through you can just scuff the paint/clearcoat with 80 grit or the supplied scuff pads in the kits, clean with MEK, and go to town.

if you have rust issues i think magnet man is still offering free chassis saver with the gallon or 2 gallon kits. a quart of that stuff goes a looooooong way. glad to see i could steer you away from rhino lining, trust me you will be much happier here with us

Ratmonkey donation page. all proceeds will go to his family.
http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fu..._source=widget


it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline  
post #3807 of Old 06-16-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJohn92 View Post
I've watched your videos on Youtube and am very impressed, you have yourself here a future customer. I have one question, my Jeep used to live on the coast and there's a lot of decay from the salt. The clear coat is chipping off and I can't help but ask, will I have to thin out or completely remove my paint down to the primer before I line my rig?
breaker_5 is correct. Just make sure there is no loose or still flaking paint or clear. Scuffing should be fine.
magnetman is offline  
post #3808 of Old 06-16-2011, 11:15 PM
mike_breaker_5
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: emporium,
Posts: 3,005
jeep john check out page 241 for pics of my yj fully coated in monsta. if that doesn't sway you nothing will.

Ratmonkey donation page. all proceeds will go to his family.
http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fu..._source=widget


it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline  
post #3809 of Old 06-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Viencent
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Abilene
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post


For sure in auto paint stores. Not sure on Home Depot or Lowes but they really should? I think you prob should have a few extra rollers for an exterior job so I can send some strainers to you

180 grit sand the exterior first. FYI: in working on our revised install guide I am recommending priming exteriors first just for assurance that all surfaces are equal. We have a 1 part rollable item that works well if you think you want to go the extra step for sake of the best job possible. IT SMELLS REALLY BAD

Are you planning to do this in an open garage or outside?

I'm testing xylene tomorrow with rolling smooth. It may work better than S8 reducer
will be done in a open garage

Primer is not a bad idea will add it to the list.

Thanks for all the help and look forward to the xylene results
Viencent is offline  
post #3810 of Old 06-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Viencent
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Abilene
Posts: 937
[QUOTE=magnetman;

180 grit sand the exterior first. FYI: in working on our revised install guide I am recommending priming exteriors first just for assurance that all surfaces are equal. We have a 1 part rollable item that works well if you think you want to go the extra step for sake of the best job possible. IT SMELLS REALLY BAD

[/QUOTE]

ok what about using instead of primer using Chassis Saver?
Viencent is offline  
Reply

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome