Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 254 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 06-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #3796
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Got it thanks! That will ship by Friday
thanks !!

loic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #3797
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
cool, I can live with that and I think the wife will agree. Can I get the S8 locally? if not is ther something else that will work or do I need to order it? Hoping to try this weekend and see how it turns out, will post pics and what I tried incase anyone else wants to try it.
S8 would only be available local if you found a Chassis Saver dealer that stock it

Pretty sure you can use xylene also to roll

Been thinking hard on this. Want to do another test tomorrow. Will have better results and recommendations. I want to see that come out great

Can you find cone strainers local?

Also, what are you doing to prep exterior first? Scuffing, no primer I assume?

Do you have any extra rollers from the previous liner job(s)
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #3798
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loic View Post
I'll find/make some shade, but see, right now its 20:30 and still 96F .... should I make the "paint" a bit thinner so it doesn't dry up to quickly ?
But what is the temp typically at 0700?
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #3799
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But what is the temp typically at 0700?
today it was about 78f at 0500, but I wont be able to do that before the first week of July. early am in July the temp should be arround 88 / 92 f ...welcome to Vegas !!
loic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #3800
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Your welding rods are really standing straight up over Burnt Orange
its different haha. might be hard to hide it tho haha

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #3801
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
S8 would only be available local if you found a Chassis Saver dealer that stock it

Pretty sure you can use xylene also to roll

Been thinking hard on this. Want to do another test tomorrow. Will have better results and recommendations. I want to see that come out great

Can you find cone strainers local?

Also, what are you doing to prep exterior first? Scuffing, no primer I assume?

Do you have any extra rollers from the previous liner job(s)
ok used your site and no one near Abilene Texas is listed think I will just order from your site to be safe.

whats a cone strainer? can i find one at home depot?

as for prep was going to do a light sanding then wipe down with mek. that work?

no rollers atm.

being that this weekend is fathers day may put this off till next weekend, plus it gives us more time to get everything together
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #3802
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ok used your site and no one near Abilene Texas is listed think I will just order from your site to be safe.

no rollers atm.

being that this weekend is fathers day may put this off till next weekend, plus it gives us more time to get everything together
Cone Strainer
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #3803
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Whew, what a read. I've been going through this thread from post 1 over the last week or so, finally made it through to the end! This stuff simply amazes me, its most definitely next on the todo list. I was looking at doing the Raptor since I've seen so much about that on this board; somehow I completely missed this product, I couldn't believe it. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread before I ordered the other stuff. You can be expecting an order from me in the near future, just need to decide if I want to go straight black for the inside of the tub or maybe a color. Decisions, decisions...
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #3804
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

no rollers atm.

For sure in auto paint stores. Not sure on Home Depot or Lowes but they really should? I think you prob should have a few extra rollers for an exterior job so I can send some strainers to you

180 grit sand the exterior first. FYI: in working on our revised install guide I am recommending priming exteriors first just for assurance that all surfaces are equal. We have a 1 part rollable item that works well if you think you want to go the extra step for sake of the best job possible. IT SMELLS REALLY BAD

Are you planning to do this in an open garage or outside?

I'm testing xylene tomorrow with rolling smooth. It may work better than S8 reducer
Unread 06-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #3805
JeepJohn92
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I've watched your videos on Youtube and am very impressed, you have yourself here a future customer. I have one question, my Jeep used to live on the coast and there's a lot of decay from the salt. The clear coat is chipping off and I can't help but ask, will I have to thin out or completely remove my paint down to the primer before I line my rig?
Colorado Jeep Club Member #343
Built not bought.

Last edited by JeepJohn92; 06-16-2011 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Edited for grammatical errors.
JeepJohn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #3806
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

nope as long as you don't have rust showing through you can just scuff the paint/clearcoat with 80 grit or the supplied scuff pads in the kits, clean with MEK, and go to town.

if you have rust issues i think magnet man is still offering free chassis saver with the gallon or 2 gallon kits. a quart of that stuff goes a looooooong way. glad to see i could steer you away from rhino lining, trust me you will be much happier here with us

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #3807
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJohn92 View Post
I've watched your videos on Youtube and am very impressed, you have yourself here a future customer. I have one question, my Jeep used to live on the coast and there's a lot of decay from the salt. The clear coat is chipping off and I can't help but ask, will I have to thin out or completely remove my paint down to the primer before I line my rig?
breaker_5 is correct. Just make sure there is no loose or still flaking paint or clear. Scuffing should be fine.
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #3808
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

jeep john check out page 241 for pics of my yj fully coated in monsta. if that doesn't sway you nothing will.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #3809
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:

For sure in auto paint stores. Not sure on Home Depot or Lowes but they really should? I think you prob should have a few extra rollers for an exterior job so I can send some strainers to you

180 grit sand the exterior first. FYI: in working on our revised install guide I am recommending priming exteriors first just for assurance that all surfaces are equal. We have a 1 part rollable item that works well if you think you want to go the extra step for sake of the best job possible. IT SMELLS REALLY BAD

Are you planning to do this in an open garage or outside?

I'm testing xylene tomorrow with rolling smooth. It may work better than S8 reducer
will be done in a open garage

Primer is not a bad idea will add it to the list.

Thanks for all the help and look forward to the xylene results
Unread 06-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #3810
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

[QUOTE=magnetman;

[/QUOTE]

ok what about using instead of primer using Chassis Saver?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.