Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 245 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 06-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #3661
ApolloXIII
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Thanks to all for the orders!
No, thank you for the colors!

ApolloXIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #3662
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

More love for the Monsta! I got my Genright flares and corner armor installed. I know earlier in this thread I was asking about methods for getting a smoother finish, but I've now fully embraced the texture.

Unread 06-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #3663
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've been avoiding this question for the moment

Here's the problem: 1 gallon tintable needs 8 ounces of color which we have packed in a nice little 8 ounce paint can.

1 quart of tintable needs 2 oz of color and they don't make a can that small. There will be a solution but I was not rushing to come up with it. Part filled cans are a nightmare because they need to be filled by weight

How soon you want this???
maybe for the time being you could offer 4 of the 4oz catalyst packets with gallon kits by request. then all you have to do is mix the color, take 30oz (?) of that mixture, and mix it with the 4oz packet of catalyst. this is no less expensive but your not pressed to use all the gallon at once, also if your like me there is always something that can use a coat of monstaliner. i actually had a dream lastnight that i coated the entirety of the interior of my house in colored monsta.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #3664
tractor1
old dog

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
i actually had a dream lastnight that i coated the entirety of the interior of my house in colored monsta.
I think you and Eric are hitting that bottle again
1973 Cj5 304 T15 Dana20 Sold

tractor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #3665
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

screen shots and tequila shots!

paint phil blue!

I think I might have to check out this magnapoxy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #3666
95builtXJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

How many cans to do an XJ?
95builtXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #3667
TESmith
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so post #3242, page 217 of this thread, was the exterior sprayed, or rolled on this Jeep?

I think I may like that texture on my exterior, would not want much rougher I do not believe
Unread 06-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #3668
95builtXJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

That did turn out really good.
95builtXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #3669
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESmith View Post
Ok so post #3242, page 217 of this thread, was the exterior sprayed, or rolled on this Jeep?

I think I may like that texture on my exterior, would not want much rougher I do not believe
I know who that is, rolled for sure
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #3670
TESmith
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I know who that is, rolled for sure
I wonder if I put wet sheets down and a canopy/tent top overhead If I would be asking for disaster If I rolled the exterior out in the yard? ( I do not have a garage) Has anyone done this outdoors?
Unread 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #3671
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i have done all my work outside. however i have sprayed everything except the first coat i applied to the interior last year, so i do not have alot of rolling experience with monsta.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #3672
JamesHasler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I rolled mine outdoors (exterior)... although I have to say that mine didn't turn out quite as well as the pics above and I think it had to do with the glare I had off the hood as well as the technique. The sides have a great uniform texture because there was no glare and I started to perfect the technique of getting a uniform texture (hood was done first). The hood looks awesome in places, but there is a texture transition that is kind of noticeable and it's because I couldn't see that well given the sun's reflection off the wet hood. (Yes, magnetman warned us about doing it in direct sunlight... LOL)

Knowing all of this, instead of just focusing on coverage like I did with the hood, I would have gone back and made some nice clean passes with the roller one last time, like I did with the sides/doors, and I think the hood would have been perfect too...

And don't forget the drips! I saved many a drip by going back around and catching them in time. I have one on my rollbar that I didn't see and it's nasty once it is hardened... ;-)

James
JamesHasler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #3673
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHasler View Post
I rolled mine outdoors (exterior)... although I have to say that mine didn't turn out quite as well as the pics above and I think it had to do with the glare I had off the hood as well as the technique. The sides have a great uniform texture because there was no glare and I started to perfect the technique of getting a uniform texture (hood was done first). The hood looks awesome in places, but there is a texture transition that is kind of noticeable and it's because I couldn't see that well given the sun's reflection off the wet hood. (Yes, magnetman warned us about doing it in direct sunlight... LOL)

Knowing all of this, instead of just focusing on coverage like I did with the hood, I would have gone back and made some nice clean passes with the roller one last time, like I did with the sides/doors, and I think the hood would have been perfect too...

And don't forget the drips! I saved many a drip by going back around and catching them in time. I have one on my rollbar that I didn't see and it's nasty once it is hardened... ;-)

James
EXCELLENT points you made.

The greatest issue with doing any install outdoors is that air movement and heat from the sun will make
the coating set up faster which is detrimental to being able to take your time and look over all surfaces
carefully and make some more clean passes with the roller to even out the texture.

If you at least had a canopy or carport above it would help greatly.

Having good light to reflect off surfaces helps greatly to see spots that need another roller pass.
A cheap clamp on aluminum reflector light or a big flashlight would also help.
Unread 06-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #3674
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESmith View Post
I wonder if I put wet sheets down and a canopy/tent top overhead If I would be asking for disaster If I rolled the exterior out in the yard? ( I do not have a garage) Has anyone done this outdoors?
Just pick your day wisely. Have the prep done ahead of time.
Roll first coat early in the AM before sun is high and hot.
Do it before summer really kicks in
Unread 06-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #3675
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
i actually had a dream lastnight that i coated the entirety of the interior of my house in colored monsta.
Not OD Green?

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.