Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 243 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 06-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #3631
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i loved that magnapoxy, i think it's more for new metal applications but wow did it go on easy and without thinning.

also the walcom spray gun is out of this world as far as ease of use. it has a plastic body but all the internals are brass. the tip has alot of threads for adjustment and sprays alot better than my old cheapo gun at higher pressure.

i have rolled and sprayed monstaliner, i prefer spraying soooo much more. putting those guns up on your site was a great idea. again on all the hard work magnet man.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #3632
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
i loved that magnapoxy, i think it's more for new metal applications but wow did it go on easy and without thinning.

also the walcom spray gun is out of this world as far as ease of use. it has a plastic body but all the internals are brass. the tip has alot of threads for adjustment and sprays alot better than my old cheapo gun at higher pressure.

i have rolled and sprayed monstaliner, i prefer spraying soooo much more. putting those guns up on your site was a great idea. again on all the hard work magnet man.
Thanks

The Magnapoxy will be good for someone doing bare metal or even a complete overall exterior liner job where the existing paint is questionable.

The Universal primer being a 1 component primer is easy to use and can also be used on bare metal or over existing paint.

Both are rollable or sprayable.

How is your rig coming along? The photos look great!
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #3633
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Magnet, you need to check the pricing page. I tried to click where it says to for the different uses of the primers, but there is no link. It is cool to see this stuff finally going live You should start a new vendor thread making the announcement (and link it here of course).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #3634
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Magnet, you need to check the pricing page. I tried to click where it says to for the different uses of the primers, but there is no link. It is cool to see this stuff finally going live You should start a new vendor thread making the announcement (and link it here of course).
Thanks, have not got to that yet. It will take you to the page where the primers will be shown with descriptions/photos.

I'm still thinking through some changes to the site which will happen all day with 4 or 5 pots of coffee
Unread 06-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #3635
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Screw the coffee. Supercharge your day with this stuff:

It saved my *** last semester. The yellow bottle is electric lemon. Mix it with water and you have a great lemonade. Mix it with blue Gatorade and you have a delicious drink that revitalizes you too That is $30/bottle, but you get 30 monsters worth of energy with no sugar or caffeine like those other crappy drinks.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 06-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #3636
nnosu
1980 CJ5 

Mad Scientist,

The colors look AWESOME. Quick question.....are we able to paint on top of the finished dry liner? Basically I am looking at using the white but want to do some painted on decals and pinstripes.

Thanks bro.
nnosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #3637
55willystruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Thanks

The Magnapoxy will be good for someone doing bare metal or even a complete overall exterior liner job where the existing paint is questionable.

The Universal primer being a 1 component primer is easy to use and can also be used on bare metal or over existing paint.

Just checking in to see if colors were ready to order yet then saw this. Tell me more-I looked all over the site and must be blind, couldn't find this "magnapoxy" stuff anywhere. So would this be a good base/primer stuff to put on my trailer (bare steel) after it comes out of powder coat to be the base coat for both the Monstaliner and painted sections underneath? If so, I guess I better order that too. I'll need a primer of some sort on the bare metal under both the Monstaliner and under the paint on the bottom side of the trailer. May as well order it all at once if it is (with light grey for Jeep as well)

Best of Luck,

Mike
55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #3638
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I believe the magnapoxy is only sold on their other site. Magnetpaints.com IIRC.
Unread 06-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #3639
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Shopping cart is now live with new products and changes
Still working on some things but all items are good to order

Please post or PM if anything looks messed up or hard to understand

Promo is still valid with free shipping and free qt of Chassis Saver

At the end of June the promo will change to include a small/fair flat shipping charge per order. Free CS will continue.
Unread 06-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #3640
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55willystruck View Post
Just checking in to see if colors were ready to order yet then saw this. Tell me more-I looked all over the site and must be blind, couldn't find this "magnapoxy" stuff anywhere. So would this be a good base/primer stuff to put on my trailer (bare steel) after it comes out of powder coat to be the base coat for both the Monstaliner and painted sections underneath? If so, I guess I better order that too. I'll need a primer of some sort on the bare metal under both the Monstaliner and under the paint on the bottom side of the trailer. May as well order it all at once if it is (with light grey for Jeep as well)

Best of Luck,

Mike

yes the magnapoxy is for the bare steel applications or over shady paint. i used it on my metalcloak front fenders (bare steel) before coating with monstaliner. i gave the magnapoxy a quick scuff and then cleaned it with a soapy shop cloth followed by a good spray from the garden hose, air dry and on went the monsta (i don't think the scuff is necessary unless you have waited over 16-24 hours).

the magnapoxy is hard stuff dare i say it's harder than the monsta?
you will not be dissapointed with this stuff.

5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
Unread 06-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #3641
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Thanks

slow going, more overtime at work. i only had today off so i tinkered with fabricating a new radiator mount, installed the inner door latches, and the trim around the top of the tub that the soft top snaps into. now i have a new radiator mounted on my own custom mounts and filled with 50/50 antifreeze. who knows when my next days off will be now, i will tinker with the interior and dashboard until i can get back behind the monstaliner gun. i do have a sye kit on the way aswell, that will also need to wait until i have a couple days off. the fourth of july is getting too close, i don't know if i'll be wheeling over the holiday.

Unread 06-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #3642
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnosu View Post
Mad Scientist,

The colors look AWESOME. Quick question.....are we able to paint on top of the finished dry liner? Basically I am looking at using the white but want to do some painted on decals and pinstripes.

Thanks bro.
You've got a short window of recoat time after the final coat of Monstaliner color. Will need to scuff surface if you wait too long.

What kind of paint do you plan to use for decaling/striping?
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #3643
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Are you gonna be selling the colors in quart sizes?
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #3644
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec_doc View Post
Are you gonna be selling the colors in quart sizes?
I've been avoiding this question for the moment

Here's the problem: 1 gallon tintable needs 8 ounces of color which we have packed in a nice little 8 ounce paint can.

1 quart of tintable needs 2 oz of color and they don't make a can that small. There will be a solution but I was not rushing to come up with it. Part filled cans are a nightmare because they need to be filled by weight

How soon you want this???
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #3645
nnosu
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

You've got a short window of recoat time after the final coat of Monstaliner color. Will need to scuff surface if you wait too long.

What kind of paint do you plan to use for decaling/striping?
What type of paint would you recommend?

Thanks again
nnosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.