Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #346
Walding07
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome...waiting for payday to come

Walding07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #347
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

please check my Invoice# 0000001136 it shows my address as 1001 its should be 1002 s 10ths st. thanks Ric

ps will try and call today and catch this before it ships
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #348
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Cherokee Rockers and Wheel Wells

Tomorrow we have a local forum member stopping by our Amityville location who wants to do his Cherokee rocker panels, wheel wells and perhaps some other exterior areas in Monstaliner.

Will post photos of completed job tomorrow eve.

Happy Valentines day to all!
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #349
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

cant wait to see them
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #350
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Cherokee Rockers w/Monstaliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
cant wait to see them
Here's some photos from today. The owner opted not to do wheel wells until weather gets warmer. Will post more tomorrow after fender flares get reinstalled. Coating was still wet when these were taken.

Note: Be sure to pull tape immediately following 2nd coat for cleanest lines

Unread 02-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #351
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #352
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Would like to see how the TJ flares turn out. I would guess spraying them with a shutz gun might give a more uniform texture and be a bit thinner mil build which may work better on plastic. I noticed from reading that you thinned with MEK to apply with a shutz gun. Can I assume you could also use acetone, reducer, or lacquer thinner?
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #353
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanlanen View Post
Would like to see how the TJ flares turn out. I would guess spraying them with a shutz gun might give a more uniform texture and be a bit thinner mil build which may work better on plastic. I noticed from reading that you thinned with MEK to apply with a shutz gun. Can I assume you could also use acetone, reducer, or lacquer thinner?
I will say one thing for M.E.K. It really is worth the extra couple dollars. The stuff is a little bit stronger, and it doesn't evaporate as quickly.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #354
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
We did not coat the flares yesterday. To coat that plastic you need to be careful and use an adhesion promoter. Also, never use solvent of any kind to wipe down plastic before painting. I have the process outlined if you are interested.

Yes spraying will give you a more uniform texture. Having rolled so much myself, I would roll them. Just need to prop them up and work in good light so you can see everything. Monsta has a very long pot life so what is really interesting to do is to come back an hour later after application and run the roller over it again to pick up the texture even more.

Monstaliner is a modified moisture cure urethane. Never use lacquer thinner with this type of coating. MEK is great because it cuts well and does not evaporate as fast as acetone. I would stick with MEK.
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #355
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

MagnetMan, would this stuff work for helping adhesion? My dad used it to reattach the body kit that the original owner put on his truck. It seemed to help hold well. Our body shop guy recommended it.
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #356
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I do like what I've seen. I do prefer the texture of spraying on though. My only fear bout spraying my flares is thinning your product with MEK. It's pretty harsh stuff. MEK can soften paint, so wondering if it would melt plastic. Realizing you are only thinning with 8-10% MEK, so it would probably be fine. I understand the prep process for treating the flares, but was just curious about the MEK thing.
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #357
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
MagnetMan, would this stuff work for helping adhesion? My dad used it to reattach the body kit that the original owner put on his truck. It seemed to help hold well. Our body shop guy recommended it.
That's the stuff but we like the non-aerosol Bulldog version in the red can. You need to clean the plastic first using "Sprayway" glass cleaner and then use the adhesion promoter followed by the bed liner.

Any solvent used on the plastic will leach into surface and later outgas causing adhesion failures.
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #358
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I do like what I've seen. I do prefer the texture of spraying on though. My only fear bout spraying my flares is thinning your product with MEK. It's pretty harsh stuff. MEK can soften paint, so wondering if it would melt plastic. Realizing you are only thinning with 8-10% MEK, so it would probably be fine. I understand the prep process for treating the flares, but was just curious about the MEK thing.
The MEK won't be an issue unless you soaked the flares in pure solvent for hours.

FYI: I just checked the Bulldog adhesion promoter MSDS. It has 20 to 30% MEK in it.
Since it's designed for plastics I would take this as further assurance that flares will not be affected.

Last edited by magnetman; 02-16-2010 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: addition
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #359
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Monstaliner Colors

We've got a few photos up of colors under development. I don't have a release date yet but it will be soon. See link below.

Monstaliner Colors
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #360
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quick question? I am going to use the Monstaliner on my Jeepster inside the tub and the bulkhead. I am having to get rid of oil and grease spots and several coats of paint. Is it ok to apply this straight to bare metal or should I use a primer or the Chassis saver?

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.