Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 226 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #3376
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
I wasn't looking at the logo. I was looking at the picture that you posted on your website.

If you don't have color samples available why did you make a section for colors on the form to order sample panels of monstaliner? I was really looking forward to seeing a sample of a few different colors and then ordering up a batch of monstaliner. Will that be available soon? I spent a good chunk of change on Herculiner about a year and a half back and was kind of disappointed. Before taking the plunge and lining the whole exterior of the Jeep I'd really like to see what it will look like.

http://www.magnetpaints.com/Monstaliner/forms/monstaliner_rfi.htm

Also, you never said how much you thought it would take to coat the exterior of the YJ.
i think those colors at the bottom are greys not blues. that is what you were referring to right? just tryin to help

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #3377
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'll take some of the light grey.....all the way over to the right in the pic above. I'll, need enough to coat the inside of the LJ. Just let me know when the colors are ready.....
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #3378
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
I wasn't looking at the logo. I was looking at the picture that you posted on your website.

If you don't have color samples available why did you make a section for colors on the form to order sample panels of monstaliner? I was really looking forward to seeing a sample of a few different colors and then ordering up a batch of monstaliner. Will that be available soon? I spent a good chunk of change on Herculiner about a year and a half back and was kind of disappointed. Before taking the plunge and lining the whole exterior of the Jeep I'd really like to see what it will look like.

Also, you never said how much you thought it would take to coat the exterior of the YJ.
I apologize for any confusion here. That photo shows a dark gray.

The main request form was designed over a year ago to allow people to request a sample panel
which shows texture, toughness, etc and there's a question there asking "What color WILL you be looking for".
http://www.monstaliner.com/forms/monstaliner_colors.htm
At that time colors were only in the planning stages. With this form we sent out black samples. The form should have been changed.

When we completed a lot of testing and lab work last year we put up the specific color request form to see what people were actually looking for.

I did not say color sample chips would not be available but that it would take a little more time.
We plan to pull the trigger next week to make the first production batch of tintable Monstaliner and we are under
a lot of pressure to get it right the first time. After that it will be smooth sailing to concentrate on exactly what additional colors we will be offering.

Regarding the exterior. I'm going to say 2 gallons to avoid running short. An exterior job is more complicated
and from experience I would say that more material will be wasted.
I posted a detailed chart with excel sheet here last week.

Last edited by magnetman; 05-05-2011 at 07:04 AM..
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #3379
rrtex1
1981 CJ7 

I appologize in advance is this has been asked but once I finish second coat how long should I wait before install seats?
Unread 05-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #3380
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

IIRC, about 24 hours if you're REALLY careful to not gouge the liner with the seat brackets, but it's best to wait 48 hours. Depends a little on climate conditions and such apparently, and I think there are tips for speeding the process along if necessary.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #3381
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I apologize for any confusion here. That photo shows a dark gray.

The main request form was designed over a year ago to allow people to request a sample panel
which shows texture, toughness, etc and there's a question there asking "What color WILL you be looking for".
At that time colors were only in the planning stages. With this form we sent out black samples. The form should have been changed.

When we completed a lot of testing and lab work last year we put up the specific color request form to see what people were actually looking for.

I did not say color sample chips would not be available but that it would take a little more time.
We plan to pull the trigger next week to make the first production batch of tintable Monstaliner and we are under
a lot of pressure to get it right the first time. After that it will be smooth sailing to concentrate on exactly what additional colors we will be offering.

Regarding the exterior. I'm going to say 2 gallons to avoid running short. An exterior job is more complicated
and from experience I would say that more material will be wasted.
I posted a detailed chart with excel sheet here last week.

Thanks

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #3382
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Monstaliner Press Release

Going out to 1000 media outlets tomorrow

Tame Your Bedliner Beast with MONSTALINER™

DIY Roll-On Truck Bed Liner Offers High Performance Alternative to Expensive Spray Installations
World’s Toughest Do-It-Yourself Coating

Amityville, NY (May 5, 2011) — At last, pickup truck and jeep owners wanting a do-it-yourself
alternative to expensive spray-in bed liners have an exciting new option. MONSTALINER™ from
Magnet Paints is a high performance, UV permanent, roll-on bed liner designed for easy
installation and owners don't need any special skills or equipment to get professional results.

Bed liners top the list of aftermarket jeep and pickup truck accessories for protection against rust
and damage to vehicle surfaces. "If you've done your bed liner homework," says Eric Rosenthal,
president and technical director of Magnet Paints, "you've learned that professional spray-installed
liners can cost more than you feel like spending. MONSTALINER™ is a highly durable, do-it-yourself
solution that provides truly professional looking results while costing hundreds less than expensive
spray installations."

Until now, every roll-on bedliner has used crumb tire rubber granules to create surface texture.
"MONSTALINER™ has literally reinvented the category for do-it-yourself products," says
Rosenthal. "Monstaliner contains no ground tire rubber and the texture is created only by the
installation rollers. As MONSTALINER™ is rolled, texture is pulled up from the coating and it
cures with an eye pleasing "orange peel" bumpiness that is often mistaken for sprayed. There's
nothing to settle in the can and it has an amazingly uniform surface texture compared to the "dirt
thrown in a glossy black paint job look" of competitive products. MONSTALINER™ is very easy
to clean and won't trap dirt like rubber textured products which are all sandpaper rough," he added.

MONSTALINER™ is also 100% UV permanent and carries a 5 Year Guarantee against fading,
chalking or discoloration due to sunlight. Once installed, MONSTALINER™ requires little or no
maintenance and continues looking great with no additional topcoats, sealants, or surface
protection.

Installed at up to 40 dry mils thick, MONSTALINER™ goes down in 2 thick coats. The two-
component catalyzed coating has an extremely long 8-hour pot life which eliminates the risk of
spoiled material enabling end users of any skill level to complete their project with confidence and
without the need for a spray guns, compressors or masking the entire vehicle to protect from overspray.

MONSTALINER™ is available in black and supplied in a variety of kit sizes with rollers and
surface preparation tools included. MONSTALINER™ colors will be available shortly.

About Magnet Paints and MONSTALINER™
Established 1915 in Brooklyn, NY, Magnet Paints manufactures industrial and fleet refinishing
systems for commercial vehicles, heavy equipment, machinery, and farm implements. Its newest
product, MONSTALINER™, is the only bed liner on the market engineered for do-it-yourself
roller installation and optimized for a uniform, professional appearance.

For more information on MONSTALINER™ and to see an extensive archive of completed project
photos, how-to videos and customer reviews visit http://www.monstaliner.com

###

Press photos:

Unread 05-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #3383
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtex1 View Post
I appologize in advance is this has been asked but once I finish second coat how long should I wait before install seats?
Deacon has it correct.

If you lightly hose down the surface (no water pressure, just flood the surface) of Monstaliner 8 hours after the 2nd coat it will speed the cure time and hardness development some.

What this does is it gives the coating more moisture which it needs to cure
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #3384
MarkF

Nice - Good luck!
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #3385
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet, where is that heading out to?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #3386
55willystruck

Ad looks great, nice work. Very excited to be starting mine very soon. Can't wait! Look forward to the color release as well for the truck/Jeep. Congrats on this and again, Great job. Thanks for all your work with this.

Best of Luck,

Mike
55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #3387
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Ever run into this? http://www.dominionsureseal.com/prod...d=290&catid=35 If that were what it claimed to be, it sure would seem like the trick.
methyl ester soy based paint remover
should be water soluble

may be worth a try. curious if it's any better than traditional nasty methylene chloride paint remover
SJ Discount Tools says it has to be ordered in a case of 12, now, and I'm not really sure it's worth it. I may just try pulling up what can be pulled up and figuring it out from there.

Will Monsta eat up the (presumably Rino) sprayed in liner, or will it not bond well to it, or will it just be subject to the limitation of however well or poorly the original liner is adhering? In other words, will there be a specific PROBLEM rolling over any patches that are left?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #3388
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nice looking ad makes me wanna buy another gallon. Lol maybe on the next Jeep
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #3389
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Sweet, where is that heading out to?
That's our standard press release that took me 3 months to get done cause of a mental block or just too much chemical fume exposure, tequila or other substance

Pay $250 and a service submits it to a subscribing pool of journalists/writers/publishers who have the choice to pick up the news if they like it and publish, run or even print it in all sorts of media. Could be a newspaper with a weekly column on auto related stuff or an online magazine with new product news or even a print magazine, off road, enthusiast, etc

I'll reveal next week after it gets submitted how many strange hits the web site gets that I'll know did not come from the regular places I see every day
Unread 05-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #3390
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
SJ Discount Tools says it has to be ordered in a case of 12, now, and I'm not really sure it's worth it. I may just try pulling up what can be pulled up and figuring it out from there.

Will Monsta eat up the (presumably Rino) sprayed in liner, or will it not bond well to it, or will it just be subject to the limitation of however well or poorly the original liner is adhering? In other words, will there be a specific PROBLEM rolling over any patches that are left?
From looking closely at what you have, tapping on it, picking at it, etc does it appear that it may lift up in large pieces if you really forced it?

Monstaliner will not eat that up AT ALL, and to get ML to stick to existing stuff you would need to clean it well and then scuff it, solvent wipe etc.

Let me ask a few questions of someone who may be able to help. I'll get back later

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.