Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 213 - JeepForum.com
 7Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3181 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavguy1965 View Post
Ok, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, but I hope you have a great Easter weekend with family, if I weren't here in Iraq, I wouldn't have posted till Monday!
Well if yellow is going to cause a problem then I may just go with olive drab on the inside and camoclad the outside as my paint is starting to fade anyway. Any thoughts? Have you had anyone monstaline the whole jeep?
It's not that yellow can't be done. Sometimes a white primer is used first and in the case that you are going over yellow to begin with, things are not that critical. Just need to be cautious if there are any dark spots or rust repair areas that could show through.

There are a few black exterior jobs out there. Pretty soon there will be many colored projects showing up.

Whatever you decide to do I'll help you get it done correctly.

Stay safe over there!

magnetman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3182 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Tinga
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I'm getting fat eating from a serving platter

http://www.facebook.com/magnetpaints...13295005403654
DOH! I shoulda looked. That YJ coated looks pretty darn good

Girls like STROKIN too!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/1971-jeepster-commando-1380633/
Tinga is offline  
post #3183 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 02:54 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
His voice in the video sounds exactly like him IRL. I really can't wait to see colored projects start to pop up.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #3184 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
DOH! I shoulda looked. That YJ coated looks pretty darn good
Yes that YJ is a nice job. I believe he's on the forum here.

What can I do to get more people on the Monstaliner Facebook page?
magnetman is offline  
post #3185 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 04:32 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
Add this to your Sig (with maybe a smaller pic):


Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #3186 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Add this to your Sig (with maybe a smaller pic):

Sig won't allow an additional graphic. May need to build it into the top graphic and link that
magnetman is offline  
post #3187 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 07:10 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
It is up to you, you can either link FB or link the promo. Do you think it might have something to do with the size of the pic there? I know there are size limits for Avatars and profile pics, I would imagine the same is for pics in Mod and Vendor sigs.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #3188 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
It is up to you, you can either link FB or link the promo. Do you think it might have something to do with the size of the pic there? I know there are size limits for Avatars and profile pics, I would imagine the same is for pics in Mod and Vendor sigs.
Max size of graphic in sig is 500 w x 100 h
Can only have 1 image

Did you ever figure out if it's possible to apply color to a link and have it stay in color?
magnetman is offline  
post #3189 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 07:34 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
http://<font color="White">http://ww...011.htm</font>

Tada, it is a matter of wrapping the colored text in the URL code.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #3190 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 PM
55willystruck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Wenatchee WA
Posts: 2,306
I don't facebook but my trailer build is on Pirate and ROF. You'll be up there soon... Was thinking earlier today I should send you some progress pics that aren't updated yet. Built a die out of some scrap and got my external tie-downs built/bent up, front section sheeted, rear doors sealed up. Getting close. Have to build front doors, sheet the lid and figure out a lock mechanism then will be darned near ready for powder coat. Getting very excited now, can't wait!

And as for colors, that light grey will look perfect in the Silver Jeep. I'm having serious second thoughts now with the truck. Marilyn ('78 K20) is a nice red color and that red there looks like a great match. Planned on using the black there in the truck But... To bad I'm broke.

This has taken MUCH longer than planned due to my regular job and so much time in the hospital and such but I AM making progress each day, a little at a time. Very soon...

Best of Luck,

Mike
55willystruck is offline  
post #3191 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
http://<font color="White">http://ww...011.htm</font>

Tada, it is a matter of wrapping the colored text in the URL code.
ALRIGHT! Thanks!!!

I'm just going to put the Facebook link in color text in the bottom of the sig now.
magnetman is offline  
post #3192 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55willystruck View Post
I don't facebook but my trailer build is on Pirate and ROF. You'll be up there soon... Was thinking earlier today I should send you some progress pics that aren't updated yet. Built a die out of some scrap and got my external tie-downs built/bent up, front section sheeted, rear doors sealed up. Getting close. Have to build front doors, sheet the lid and figure out a lock mechanism then will be darned near ready for powder coat. Getting very excited now, can't wait!

And as for colors, that light grey will look perfect in the Silver Jeep. I'm having serious second thoughts now with the truck. Marilyn ('78 K20) is a nice red color and that red there looks like a great match. Planned on using the black there in the truck But... To bad I'm broke.

This has taken MUCH longer than planned due to my regular job and so much time in the hospital and such but I AM making progress each day, a little at a time. Very soon...

Best of Luck,

Mike

Take it slow my friend. I'll be here to help when you are ready.

I got to go over to Pirate, got unanswered questions to deal with there. Thanks for the reminder

Regards
MM
magnetman is offline  
post #3193 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Showtime3492
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York
Posts: 961
I am about to order this but i am kinda curious about the chassis saver I have a little rust that i would like to address but im not sure how far the quart can will go and i dont really wanna spend 100 on a gallon. Any input on how much area the quart will do? Also in the 2 gallon kit it would be nice to add the option of interchanging either 2 gals of the liner itself or one of chassis saver and one of liner. Just my 2 cents. Good product though IMO more legit than some others!
Showtime3492 is offline  
post #3194 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 08:06 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
1 quart goes as far as 1 gallon of Monstaliner. How much is a little rust? Based on the sounds of it (as I was reading) I was thinking you would barely touch the can. Pics of said rust?

BTW, I believe that is like 60 or 90 Square Ft. I can't fully remember though.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #3195 of 13180 Old 04-24-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime3492 View Post
I am about to order this but i am kinda curious about the chassis saver I have a little rust that i would like to address but im not sure how far the quart can will go and i dont really wanna spend 100 on a gallon. Any input on how much area the quart will do? Also in the 2 gallon kit it would be nice to add the option of interchanging either 2 gals of the liner itself or one of chassis saver and one of liner. Just my 2 cents. Good product though IMO more legit than some others!
1 Quart of Chassis Saver covers 90 sq ft for 1 coat.

How much is a little rust?
magnetman is offline  
Reply

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome