Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 207 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #3091
55willystruck

Awesome, Thanks for the info. Will be nice to knock them both out at same time. Glad I have enough. Timing should work out great for the colored stuff for the Jeep-top will be off all summer so no worry about the fumes.

On the statement/directions above, looks very easy to read and understand. Good thinking making it fit on the lid-I rarely read the side labels, but always read the top as it takes a few seconds to open the lid anyway. Course, no matter how hard you try, you can never make it 100% idiot proof. That looks about as close as you can get though. Nice work.

Best of Luck,

Mike

55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #3092
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

GenPowell, note, I stole that from Magnet when he tried to use it on me about 1 year ago and I totally missed the funnies there.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #3093
TheDirtyGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
GenPowell, note, I stole that from Magnet when he tried to use it on me about 1 year ago and I totally missed the funnies there.
Thats why I was giving you the link to UrbanDictionary... I saw you post about it earlier
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #3094
hubs97xj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Trying to read through all this; maybe it's been answered and I've missed it. Can Monstaliner be used on factory flares/bumper caps (specifically the 97+ XJ plastic that oxidizes so badly)? I've got to do something about surface rust in the cargo area, and thought I'd bedline afterwards, and maybe the bumpers and flares as well if I can find something that works well on all three. I think CS + liner would be fine in the back and on the bumpers, but I'm really curious about how it would fare on the plastics.
hubs97xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #3095
TheDirtyGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubs97xj View Post
Trying to read through all this; maybe it's been answered and I've missed it. Can Monstaliner be used on factory flares/bumper caps (specifically the 97+ XJ plastic that oxidizes so badly)? I've got to do something about surface rust in the cargo area, and thought I'd bedline afterwards, and maybe the bumpers and flares as well if I can find something that works well on all three. I think CS + liner would be fine in the back and on the bumpers, but I'm really curious about how it would fare on the plastics.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it should be as easy as MEK and roll on the fender flares!
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #3096
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

NO!!!! DO NOT USE SOLVENT.

Magnet, you have the PDF, handle this
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 04-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #3097
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55willystruck View Post
Awesome, Thanks for the info. Will be nice to knock them both out at same time. Glad I have enough. Timing should work out great for the colored stuff for the Jeep-top will be off all summer so no worry about the fumes.

On the statement/directions above, looks very easy to read and understand. Good thinking making it fit on the lid-I rarely read the side labels, but always read the top as it takes a few seconds to open the lid anyway. Course, no matter how hard you try, you can never make it 100% idiot proof. That looks about as close as you can get though. Nice work.

Best of Luck,

Mike
Wait till you see the diagrams going into the revised install guide
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #3098
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
You can't wipe plastic flares with strong solvent. The plastic absorbs the solvent and takes weeks to escape causing the coating to peel.

Specific procedure for coating factory black plastic flares,
Read this document:
http://www.monstaliner.com/documents...ng_Plastic.pdf
Unread 04-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #3099
hubs97xj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Excellent, was looking all over the site for that. Will any adhesion promoter work, or is the Bulldog brand specifically better?
Unread 04-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #3100
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Excellent, was looking all over the site for that. Will any adhesion promoter work, or is the Bulldog brand specifically better?
Well we know that works because we tested it not to say other brands won't work. Do you want to be a guinea pig?
Unread 04-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #3101
hubs97xj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I just might. I have seen some of the Klean Strip products around here, but not Bulldog. I'd prefer rattlecan, and locally it's either Duplicolor, or whatever NAPA carries here- SEM maybe?
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #3102
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I just might. I have seen some of the Klean Strip products around here, but not Bulldog. I'd prefer rattlecan, and locally it's either Duplicolor, or whatever NAPA carries here- SEM maybe?
Klean Strip is Bulldog made by WM Barr Co. and it does come is a spray can
Let us know if something else works
Unread 04-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #3103
Domovoi
2010 JK Wrangler 

I was wondering, would one gallon work for the interior of a 2dr JK? or would you recommend 2 gallons?
[COLOR="DimGray"]USN Jeep Club Hull #96[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Blue Jeep Club #373[/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunDevilJeeper;11097300]im running two old school KC daylighters and some baja lights, all pointed in one spot. the KCs are positioned to be exactly at the side mirrors of a vehicle 20 feet ahead and the baja lights are positioned up a little so they hit the rear view mirror perfectly with the brights.

it looks like god himself is flashing you...[/QUOTE]
Domovoi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #3104
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domovoi View Post
I was wondering, would one gallon work for the interior of a 2dr JK? or would you recommend 2 gallons?
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... I believe one gallon will do the interior of all 2-door Jeeps.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #3105
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Domovoi, 1 gallon and go to town

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.