Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 203 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #3031
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
Question... Would you apply with ~50 degree weather and raining outside? I ended up having the day off of work, and nothing to do...
Ehhhhhh.... I would wait. Temp is not such an issue as the 100% humidity

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #3032
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Ehhhhhh.... I would wait. Temp is not such an issue as the 100% humidity
So tomorrow, ~40 and 30% chance of rain, would be better?
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #3033
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestrad1 View Post
Can you recommend anything to lay down before to keep the heat out? Its gets HOT here over the summer here in AZ, so Id rather not fight the floor heat when running the AC.

Also the LJ is 10 inches longer in the tub and I want to do the roll bars. I want to take the liner all the way up the sides up to the windows in the rear. Will the quart cover this extra area or should I just get 2 gallons to be safe?

Thanks for the quick replies!
Nothing really to recommend for heat right now. If a mad scientist idea I have works out we may have something to offer later in the year.

What's the length of a standard Wrangler 2 door tub adding for the upswing at the fire wall behind gas/break pedals?
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #3034
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
So tomorrow, ~40 and 30% chance of rain, would be better?
Will you be working in a regular garage with the door open?
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #3035
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Will you be working in a regular garage with the door open?
Yes.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #3036
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes.
Just check the humidity. Best if it's below 65%.
I just looked at tomorrows weather. Long Island, 60 deg, windy, partly cloudy

If Buffalo is similar with 10 deg less it's good.

We're really getting close to ideal weather for Monstaliner installs. Sunny, cool 60's is nicest.
Unread 04-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #3037
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nothing really to recommend for heat right now. If a mad scientist idea I have works out we may have something to offer later in the year.

What's the length of a standard Wrangler 2 door tub adding for the upswing at the fire wall behind gas/break pedals?
From what I have observed. When in direct summer sun for a long length of time the liner will get warm to the touch. However, from a convection heat source standpoint, such as a transmission tunnel, it barely warms up. I'd say from personal experience that it works better as a deflector than an absorber.
Unread 04-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #3038
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

all i have to say is !! that gif is perfect. i am off to use it elsewhere in the forum.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #3039
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
all i have to say is !! that gif is perfect. i am off to use it elsewhere in the forum.

Unread 04-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #3040
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

are you trying to find the bottom of the tequila bottle again? lol awesome work on the gif though

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #3041
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
are you trying to find the bottom of the tequila bottle again? lol awesome work on the gif though
nope just the worm
thanks

by the way for anyone curious, the animation was done in Photoshop CS5 using the new Puppet Warp feature
monsta-emoticon-200x200.gif  

Last edited by magnetman; 04-16-2011 at 05:56 PM..
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #3042
npsrubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sure that somewhere in the last 3000+ posts these questions have been answered, but I don't really want to read back through them. Hope you don't mind me being redundant with a couple questions so I make sure I get the right amounts.

1. I assume the 1 gallon bedliner kit is enought for doing the interior of my TJ, correct??
2. Any additional products recommended with this kit? extra brushes, scrub pads, rollers, solvents, etc.
3. 1 quart of chassis saver enough for the frame of a TJ?
4. I was thinking about using something like this inside my front flares and possibly on the underside of the tub. Would you have a product for these applications??
5. What kind of shelf life do these products have? I'll be using the Chassis Saver soon, but might not get around to lining the tub for about a year.

Thanks for your time.
npsrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #3043
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Started prepping the Cj7 For Monsterliner.

These little things are a life saver. 2" roloc 36 and 60 grit flap wheels from Roark supply another JF supporter.

Hope to finish it next weekend.
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #3044
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by npsrubicon View Post
I'm sure that somewhere in the last 3000+ posts these questions have been answered, but I don't really want to read back through them. Hope you don't mind me being redundant with a couple questions so I make sure I get the right amounts.

1. I assume the 1 gallon bedliner kit is enought for doing the interior of my TJ, correct??
2. Any additional products recommended with this kit? extra brushes, scrub pads, rollers, solvents, etc.
3. 1 quart of chassis saver enough for the frame of a TJ?
4. I was thinking about using something like this inside my front flares and possibly on the underside of the tub. Would you have a product for these applications??
5. What kind of shelf life do these products have? I'll be using the Chassis Saver soon, but might not get around to lining the tub for about a year.

Thanks for your time.
1- std wrangler tub uses 1 gal kit
2- 1 quart MEK or Acetone (MEK not available in California), maybe some extra scuff pads or 80 grit sandpaper, could buy an extra roller refil when getting the kit
3-Yes
4- Under the tub is good, what are the flares made of. If plastic you need to prep correctly. See download document at www.monstaliner.com on plastic prep
5- Monstaliner is good if unopened for at least 1 year. I have material that is over 3 yrs old and it's fine
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #3045
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r08ert209cali View Post
Started prepping the Cj7 For Monsterliner.

These little things are a life saver. 2" roloc 36 and 60 grit flap wheels from Roark supply another JF supporter.

Hope to finish it next weekend.
Great pics! Yes Tom from Roark Supply is a good man. I will invite him over here to tell you about what he has, excellent prices on quality stuff!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.