Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 10-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #16
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Stop in and see me some time. (check first that I am in office)
I'm trying to find a few more vehicles to coat and photograph.

If you're in a local club or have friends with pickups or jeeps let them know.
Materials are on me. You do the work and I'll supervise.

I may have to make that 4 hour drive from DC.....

'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #17
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee-Juliet View Post
Does it come in any colors? Thinking about doing the tub and possibly the whole Jeep in Durabak (it comes in several colors).
Colors are in development now. 3 to 5 weeks for availability
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #18
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Colors are in development now. 3 to 5 weeks for availability
Ok great, I'll keep an eye on your site. Thanks

"Dog-gone it Roy-Jean, how many times do I have to explain it to ya, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I MEAN A ROCK!!" ~ C.W. McCall
Yankee-Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #19
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

What color you considering?
Unread 10-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

A tan or sand color.

"Dog-gone it Roy-Jean, how many times do I have to explain it to ya, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I MEAN A ROCK!!" ~ C.W. McCall
Yankee-Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #21
IH8ROADZ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If you want to do a test jeep im about 45mins away and for free supplies I'd be happy to help . Let me know what weekend is good and I'll make a trip up there. You can take all the pictures you want.
IH8ROADZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #22
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerboy07 View Post
If you want to do a test jeep im about 45mins away and for free supplies I'd be happy to help . Let me know what weekend is good and I'll make a trip up there. You can take all the pictures you want.
wranglerboy07, I appreciate the offer but you really can't drive to Long Isl, bed liner your jeep and then drive home the same day. I really need some local vehicles that can be left in our warehouse for a few days.
Unread 10-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #23
DryBones
2005 LJ Wrangler 

work on plastic fender flares?
DryBones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Coating Plastic Fender Flares

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
work on plastic fender flares?
Yes but you must follow specific procedures. See below...

Procedures for Coating Jeep Plastic Fender Flares and Similar Plastic Surfaces

Caution: Use no solvents on plastic prior to surface prep and coating of fender flares and similar plastic surfaces. Lacquer thinner, acetone, MEK will all penetrate plastic and cause adhesion failures of any coatings applied to plastic.

1) Clean plastic using Sprayway #050 Glass Cleaner. Allow surfaces to dry overnight.
Sprayway, Inc. - Products

2) Use Bulldog Adhesion Promoter on plastic to be coated. Follow directions on drying time and top coating.
DO NOT use Bulldog Abrasive Cleaner as directions mention. Sprayway cleaner is sufficient.
Bulldog

3) Follow with installation of Monstaliner within time frame and recoat window detailed in Bulldog directions.

Note: When tackling a fender flare project, you will want to mix small amounts of Monstaliner with catalyst. Speak to me directly before ordering any product and I'll help set you up with tools required and suggestions for doing job correctly.

Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Unread 10-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #25
hyperboarder
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'll admit, I'm intrigued and I like the idea of not having to spray it in, but I'm curious how you justify double the price of Raptor? I've heard good things about it and it comes with a spray gun, I know yours has the prep stuff too, but I'd like to be sold on it .
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #26
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
I'll admit, I'm intrigued and I like the idea of not having to spray it in, but I'm curious how you justify double the price of Raptor? I've heard good things about it and it comes with a spray gun, I know yours has the prep stuff too, but I'd like to be sold on it .
Good question on price. I did some research to verify some facts.

First of all, Monstaliner is a full 2 gallon kit.

Raptor includes only 1.06 gallon of sprayable product in their kit (4 x 3/4 liters of coating (0.7928 gal) + 1 liter of catalyst (0.2642 gal) for a total of 1.057 gallons)
The kit is specified to cover 125 square feet. Pricing I see around the web ranges from just below $100 to $130+

We designed Monstaliner to go down much heavier and to provide 4 or 5 times the dry film thickness of other "paint on" liners (as we refer to Raptor type products).
There is also some very unique chemistry involved with Monstaliner which allows extremely high film thickness without bubbling or blistering.
You can not achieve this kind of thickness with other urethane coatings.

Monstaliner is closer to thin mayonaise or peanut butter and it contains much less solvent than paint sprayable products.

I've been asked by others to do a more detailed technical analisys of Raptor so we are going to do this and also include a few other competing products.

Please feel free to ask more questions.

Regards
magnetman

Last edited by magnetman; 10-16-2009 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: correction
Unread 10-17-2009, 06:56 AM   #27
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I really like the look of this stuff, In the future I may remove my herculiner and use this stuff.
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #28
Longhorn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Do you sell a kit that's less than 2 gallons? You mentioned painting plastic flares.. a lot of people would use it to paint bumpers and rockers and trim and stuff too. A kit with a smaller roller, less liner, and a cheaper price would probably sell decent as a "trim kit" or something.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #29
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
Do you sell a kit that's less than 2 gallons? You mentioned painting plastic flares.. a lot of people would use it to paint bumpers and rockers and trim and stuff too. A kit with a smaller roller, less liner, and a cheaper price would probably sell decent as a "trim kit" or something.
We do sell single gallons with the catalyst and the rollers are also sold separately but I LIKE YOUR IDEA OF THE "TRIM KIT".
Do I have to pay you royalties if this works out??

Do you think that we need to sell it in QUARTS? or is that too little for a small job.

I really need to fig out how much liquid is required for bumpers, rockers and other small trim areas as you say.
Unread 10-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #30
Longhorn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We do sell single gallons with the catalyst and the rollers are also sold separately but I LIKE YOUR IDEA OF THE "TRIM KIT".
Do I have to pay you royalties if this works out??

Do you think that we need to sell it in QUARTS? or is that too little for a small job.

I really need to fig out how much liquid is required for bumpers, rockers and other small trim areas as you say.
You can give me as much money/free stuff as you'd like!

Otherwise.. the suggestion is on the house.

Good luck with the 4x4 community!
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.