Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Introducing MONSTALINER� UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

2M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Hi All,

We are a new advertiser on jeepforum.com and I just want to introduce myself, our company and a very interesting new product.

My name is Eric and I have 25+ years experience in coatings manufacturing.
Our company Magnet Paints, is focused on industrial maintenance and commercial fleet refinish coatings,
epoxy and urethane concrete floor coatings and automotive restoration paints.

We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.

For the past 5 years, our lab has been developing and fine tuning a roll on bed liner product.
The product has evolved through 3 generations of testing, development and field trials and has just been
commercialized and is available for sale.

I have personally been involved with installations on more than 20 vehicles in the last 4 years in which
my feedback and experience alone was the determining factor that the product was complete and ready for release.

Monstaliner started as a pet project. One of our employees had used a widely popular DIY bed liner on his
personal truck and was not so pleased with the outcome. He came into work one day with a mission and
for almost a year, he kept badgering the chemists in our lab to develop a better product.

One day after getting tired of listening to this guy rant, we sat down and mapped out what a
new generation do-it-yourself bed liner would have to offer to be successful. A first, we just toyed with the
project but we knew that a much better product was possible compared to those already on the market.

So here we are, very proud to present:

MONSTALINER™ High Performance DIY Roll On Bed Liner

I don't want to write a book here so I will post the web site link for all who are curious to check this out on their own time.

As an introduction special and for the rest of this month at least,
we are offering free shipping on anything sold on the web site.

Just use Promo Code "FSBL-1" when ordering either online or by phone.

Everyone, anyone... please feel free to ask any questions. I am always available to help.

Best Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

PS: We are looking for dealers in markets involving Jeep, Truck, 4x4 and Off-Roading.
If anyone with a legit business either online or offline has interest, just get in touch and we can
work with you to make something happen.

Additional links on our main web site
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Paint Over Rust to Stop Rust Permanently With Chassis Saver Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

See less See more
#9,147 ·
BAMFpullin719 said:
using adhesion promoter on plastics has been metioned numerous times in this thread. my MCE plastic fenders sprayed a month or 2 ago are still looking good. IF ANYONE HAS QUESTIONS PLEASE PM SOME OF US WHO KNOW THE PRODUCT. i have no problem answering questions, i've done 4 projects so far and havnt had any issues other than one that i caused. Tinga is usually good to answer questions, and im sure there are others
I didn't have jeep forum at the time when I used it. And I figured when I called and asked if it would work on plastic and they said yes. It would be fine.

#9,148 · (Edited)
I have a few spots that I sanded to bare metal. I ran around tonight looking for a spray can of epoxy primer and didn't have any luck. So I picked up a spray can of etching primer and used that. THEN, I read that I shouldn't have used it. I mixed up a batch of urethane primer surfacer (Omni mp182) since I had some here. I am wondering if that is ok to use the liner over, or if I should really go get some real epoxy primer and spray a sealer coat of that over my urethane surfacer? Thanks,

Brew

#9,149 ·
All I have to say is PYROCLASTIC ROCKS!!!

I am so happy with the way the color turned out and thank you Eric for all your help.

I rolled the whole exterior and it took about 3 hrs on a 65 deg day with about 75% humidity. The tintable dries ALOT faster than the black. I had about 1 hour between coats compared to when I did the inside of the tub with the black and I had a good 3 hours. To my surprise, I was able to apply two thick coats over the entire body with 1 Gallon and I had about a cup left. I still have a whole gallon kit leftover. I assume it covered so well because it was applied over grey epoxy primer. Over all, I am thrilled with the results. The texture is perfect. Smooth enough to not trap dirt but rough enough to offer protection.

#9,151 ·
where the hell has eric been?

#9,156 ·
cool! I was about to email you today. So far from reading I have came up with 3 different answers on how to use monstaliner on bare metal. 1-use acid etch primer, 2- Aerosol epoxy primer, and 3- 2 part NON AEROSOL epoxy primer. Can you please tell me what the correct procedure is? Its getting so confusing when one answer says do it this way, then the next says no that wont last, do it this way.

#9,157 ·
Everyone: NEVER USE SELF ETCH PRIMER UNDER MONSTALINER OR CHASSIS SAVER

Epoxy primer either the aerosol or the liquid 2 part on bare metal is the best way to go. After that, the Universal 1 part primer we sell is very good as well

We are working now to put our Universal primer in a spray can.

#9,166 ·
magnetman said:
Everyone: NEVER USE SELF ETCH PRIMER UNDER MONSTALINER OR CHASSIS SAVER

Epoxy primer either the aerosol or the liquid 2 part on bare metal is the best way to go. After that, the Universal 1 part primer we sell is very good as well

We are working now to put our Universal primer in a spray can.
So what can I expect in the way of problems from using it? :brickwall: I used it in quite a few areas some not so small. Most under a few inches squared.
Very interested in a aerosol of your approved primer.

#9,169 ·
I'm way backed up on answering questions here and it's going to take me a few more days to get back into the swing

If anyone needs an immediate answer to posts below please bump your message to the top and I'll take care of it

IMPORTANT: There is going to be a price increase on Nov 5th as follows:

Monstaliner ......... 8 - 9%
Monstashades ..... 5 - 6%
Chassis Saver ...... 6 - 7%

Free Chassis Saver will remain as part of our promo. There may be a small flat shipping charge applied to all orders. Will provide further details

#9,170 ·
magnetman said:
You could have adhesion issues over self etch

You can scuff the self etch and put any of the primers discussed over the etch and them ML.

Where are the areas you used etch?
Too late liner already in. I used it on most of the pass floor and spots around the rest of the tub.
How long typically does it last over the self etch? I guess I'll be redoing it again at this rate.

Glad to have you back. Any thoughts on a FAQ section just for us Jeepers?

#9,171 ·
so if im wanting to do from the rocker panels up on my wj in smurfadelic or predator what all will i need to buy, looking to do rockers up in one of those and rockers/bumpers in black, but all i see is 8oz bottles, so how does that work?

#9,173 ·
Quarts of black are available now to cover 15 sq ft per qt in 2 coats

Colors in quarts will be sold as a tintable quart with 2oz bottle of color sold separate, also 15 sq ft coverage per qt

Predator requires white primer under it unless you have white painted surface you are going over

Just need to decide if you need the reg 4" rollers for what you doing or the mini kit which includes 2" wide rollers

#9,176 ·
For people with adhesion issues, I dunno what to tell you.

A few tiny spots where I had bare metal I just sprayed with self etch, but none bigger than 2" x 2" I don't think.

My Monstaliner has been in the tub since May I think, and zero issues or complaints. I use the rear of my LJ almost like a pickup since the rear seats, belts, brackets, etc are all stripped out. I've hauled wood for fires back there, chains, shackles, hell even a whole treadmill thrown in the back hanging out onto the tire carrier and no problems. The Monstaliner holds up better than anything else I've seen.

The only places I have had chips is the lip where the rear tail gate is, and that's to be expected since a lot of stuff gets dragged across it and banged on it.

#9,177 ·
We are back open in Amityville with no phones or internet. NO DAMAGE OR FLOODING, power was just restored today. Will resume shipping next week.. not sure yet what day

Promo will be extended and price increase will be delayed until I get everything figured out.

I'm staying in Queens, NY with power/internet as I live in Long Beach which is currently like a war zone. Pictures of what I have seen very close up will be on Facebook tonight

Hope everyone else affected by Sandy is safe, warm and dry.

Eric

#9,181 ·
It should be more than fine. Spraying it down with water will help it cure faster and is actually recommended when you're totally done.

My Monstashades kit dried scary fast. I believe I stripped the interior Friday night. Saturday morning as soon as the sun came up I started scuffing the interior and laying down Chassis Saver in the very few spots it needed it. I mixed the Monsta and laid down the first coat, closed the extra up, waited 3-4 hours, added MEK to the rest of the Monsta since it was like super thick cake batter at that point, and laid the second coat.

By the time the sun was going down I was lightly misting it, and by the next morning I was full on soaking it down with the hose every time it would dry up. By the evening of the next morning I was putting the interior back in.

#9,185 ·
geiman said:
Exactly; even though this has been said many times, for some reason people still seem to point fingers at a proven product rather than themselves.
I've been talked thru it. I did it right. I used over half a gallon of Mek cleaning. It was prepped perfectly. Yeah I might have messed up the first time but not this time. Unless it managed to unsaid it self and get dirty in the 2 minutes I switched from cleaning to rolling it on. I guess I rolled it wrong?

#9,186 ·
Unfortunately the only person there was you, so there is no real way of telling what went wrong. Could you somehow have gotten a bad batch? Sure. But you can't argue with the amount of success had when used properly.

Regardless, I'm sure you will be taken care of properly; Eric is a very good person to do business with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.