Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 194 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Unread 04-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #2896
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronni3 View Post
Hey all. I was wondering what it would take to get all my floorpans done and also the complete under carriage? What do you guys normally do for the under carriage if not Monstaliner?

Last but not least what's the current promo?
The 1 gallon kit will do the tub of any 2 door Wrangler. Most people use Chassis Saver on the frame.

See the link below my signature for promo details
Feel free to ask further questions

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #2897
ronni3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Forgot to mention that I have a 4-door 2000 Cherokee and I'd like to coat the complete flooring all the way back to the top of the rear stock bumper. Will 1-gallon still be capable of covering all this and what about the undercarriage? Should I use Monstaliner or something else?
ronni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #2898
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I reccomend chassis saver for the underside,

I'm currently doing it on my new floors, and I'm very happy with the result, when its finished. I'll have pictures of the underside in my build. Might get a progress picture today, If its dry enough or I feel like crawling.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #2899
xantasm
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Forgot to mention that I have a 4-door 2000 Cherokee and I'd like to coat the complete flooring all the way back to the top of the rear stock bumper. Will 1-gallon still be capable of covering all this and what about the undercarriage? Should I use Monstaliner or something else?
I just did my 2 door unlimited with 1 Gallon, and its about the same length as your cherokee
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #2900
ronni3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith
I reccomend chassis saver for the underside,

I'm currently doing it on my new floors, and I'm very happy with the result, when its finished. I'll have pictures of the underside in my build. Might get a progress picture today, If its dry enough or I feel like crawling.
Will a single quart of chassis saver be enough to take care of the complete undercarriage?
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #2901
Hylke

1978 CJ7 

Eric, just to be sure: using Monstaliner in combination with Chassis saver (the silver one according to your website) won't have any problems dissolving each other?
How does the chassis saver work? I need to do some testing on the paint I used and am planning to use as an undercoat for the Monstaliner. Can chassis saver be applied over other paints, or am I likely to get the same problems of the paint underneath dissolving?
Hylke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #2902
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylke View Post
Eric, just to be sure: using Monstaliner in combination with Chassis saver (the silver one according to your website) won't have any problems dissolving each other?
How does the chassis saver work? I need to do some testing on the paint I used and am planning to use as an undercoat for the Monstaliner. Can chassis saver be applied over other paints, or am I likely to get the same problems of the paint underneath dissolving?
Monstaliner and Chassis Saver work great together in all ways. Just observe the recoat recommendation for Chassis Saver when putting ML over it, 6 to 24 hours or scuff sand the CS lightly if cured more than 24

The only existing paints that both CS and ML can affect is cheap, cheap spray paint. Some of these products are made from oils/resins that have poor solvent resistance so they can soften, redissolve, etc if paint or coating that contains stronger than mineral spirits solvent goes on top. Spray paints are made to dry fast. Poor solvent resistance is the downside to the resins used to make them. Not saying that all sprays do this.

Quick test to be sure: Put a little min spirits on a clean white rag, wrap around finger tip and rub hard in small circle on cured spray paint surface. See if it gets sticky and comes off on rag.
Unread 04-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #2903
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Will a single quart of chassis saver be enough to take care of the complete undercarriage?
It should. Figure 90 sq ft from 1 quart. I would guess if someone was doing a very thorough job say 3 coats you may run into 2nd quart.

We recommend 2 coats brushed not heavy or you can get bubbles cured in it.
Unread 04-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #2904
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quick question about the S8 reducer: is it a substitute for MEK when wiping down surfaces for prep?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #2905
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Quick question about the S8 reducer: is it a substitute for MEK when wiping down surfaces for prep?
Yes it works. If you had wax/grease to remove the MEK would do it faster
Unread 04-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #2906
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I also have some wax/grime remover in a plastic bottle but can't think of the brand or name right now.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #2907
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Thanks! I also have some wax/grime remover in a plastic bottle but can't think of the brand or name right now.
Just make sure that whatever you are wiping with does not have any oils or stuff that could leave residue on surface or you could have adhesion problems. Solvent should be the last thing you wipe with
Unread 04-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #2908
tractor1
old dog

1979 CJ5 

Eric You sound very relaxed today the color (red or orange) must be real close to being ready for us .
tractor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #2909
ronni3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Purchased the 2-gallon kit as I'd like to apply the Monstaliner on the floorpan and undercarriage. I also went with the Silver-Aluminum Chassis Saver. I would have thought that with the 2-gallon kit I might get two quarts free of the Chassis Saver as you get one with the 1-Gallon kit but guess I was wrong. One quart should be sufficient I suppose but as a novice I would have liked to have extra just in case.

Will any type brush work well when applying Chassis Saver to the undercarriage?
Unread 04-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #2910
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

get a brush that dosent lose its bristles. I got some bristles in mine. 1 qt will do the topside of the floors with some left over, but It wont strech to do both sides. took me about 3/4 qt to do the entire topside of my floors.

But i did the wheel wells on the inside, the tunnel, up the 1/4 panels ect. I'd still say you would be cutting it close with a qt to do both sides. But maybe.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.