Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #271
hypnotikrobot
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Sorry I missed this.. Good questions

FYI and to all who follow this thread, THE KILLER PROMO WILL BE REVEALED ON THURSDAY!

Sandblasting would be the right thing to do if you have access to a rig. I'd recommend that you use Chassis Saver silver if you don't mind the color vs black or we now have gray as well.

CS can be applied directly over tight rust so you really don't need to remove it all. Get rid of the crusty and flaking material so there's nothing loose anymore. Do not take surfaces to bare shiny metal with a wire wheel or you can create adhesion problems. CS likes rough surfaces. Then just brush or spray a minimum of 2 coats everywhere. 3 coats is best. Thin coats. Don't try to go heavy thinking you'll use less coats. CS can form bubbles if lopped on too thick. The bubbles are where moisture will work it's way back to the metal and start rusting again.

On rockers, body panels, etc... Just wire brush to remove loose rust and brush 3 thin coats on all rusty areas. Try to get some coating inside around any edges of rust holes. You can then paint over the CS if desired.

And yes, 1 gallon will be more than enough. If you want, because CS can harden in the big can, I'll give you 4 qts for 1 gallon price + free shipping

Hope this helped

Regards,
MagnetMan
Great info, thanks. I was kind of leaning towards the silver anyhow. I'll wait until Thursday for the "killer promo" but I will definitely order a gallons worth from you. The quart cans would be a great help. Thanks again.

Unread 02-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #272
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Of course, I will post it for all to see
What about those of us in Canada?

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #273
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeretic View Post
What about those of us in Canada?
You won't be left out.

I need some help though...

When you purchase something online lets say and pay by credit card for an item that ships by UPS ground going from the USA to Canada, do you get hit with additional taxes, duties, etc in addition to what you have already paid?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #274
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You won't be left out.

I need some help though...

When you purchase something online lets say and pay by credit card for an item that ships by UPS ground going from the USA to Canada, do you get hit with additional taxes, duties, etc in addition to what you have already paid?
Yes. UPS (United Parcel Service), has some of the highest clearance rates in the industry. Most people, including myself, prefer having items shipped via USPS (United States Postal Service). Yes, it's a little slower, but the price makes it more then attractive. Only thing, please insure the shipments. I don't mind paying for that, personally. The only "duty" I, here in Canada, would have to pay is our Federal Tax, and a small processing fee from Canada Post, nee USPS.

If you are going to extend something to us up here, in the "Northern US", aka Canada (Please, come take us over...I beg you!!!!), I will HAVE to buy this. I'll place an order tomorrow, if that's when the deal will be announced.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #275
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes. UPS (United Parcel Service), has some of the highest clearance rates in the industry. Most people, including myself, prefer having items shipped via USPS (United States Postal Service). Yes, it's a little slower, but the price makes it more then attractive. Only thing, please insure the shipments. I don't mind paying for that, personally. The only "duty" I, here in Canada, would have to pay is our Federal Tax, and a small processing fee from Canada Post, nee USPS.

If you are going to extend something to us up here, in the "Northern US", aka Canada (Please, come take us over...I beg you!!!!), I will HAVE to buy this. I'll place an order tomorrow, if that's when the deal will be announced.
I understand, Give me your postal code I want to check a few things.
Unread 02-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #276
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Technically yes, but in doing so you are opening up your company to fraud. You'll attract attention from your government, and mine that you are not going to like.

Shipping via common carrier would certainly be the cheapest. Okay, if your product is less then $100 then perhaps UPS won't be HORRIBLE. If it comes down to getting the product or not; choose whatever service is going to convince you to sell to us here in the Frozen North.
Yes I agree and we don't need trouble. I will check USPS rates and get back to you.

What ever happened to that "Free Trade" thing?
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #277
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have shipped things to our neighbors to the north(ebay) and they always request USPS and I think USPS actually gave the best rates over all very competitive.
bernm8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #278
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Monstaliner spray photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Sounds good. I will be looking forward to seeing some samples of the product.
Here's some Monstaliner spray photos. Walcom Shutz gun at 80 to 100 psi (really good tip control)

Last edited by magnetman; 02-11-2010 at 04:06 AM.. Reason: typo
Unread 02-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #279
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm...what about coverage? I'm kind of curious as to the practical differences between spraying and rolling/brushing.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #280
hypnotikrobot
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sandblasting would be the right thing to do if you have access to a rig. I'd recommend that you use Chassis Saver silver if you don't mind the color vs black or we now have gray as well.
I meant to ask why you advise using the silver or gray over the black. I was kind of leaning towards the silver anyhow but am curious as to why you recommend it over the black.
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #281
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Rolling vs Spraying Monstaliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Hmm...what about coverage? I'm kind of curious as to the practical differences between spraying and rolling/brushing.
OK, I will argue both sides:

ROLLING
The main advantage to rolling is for those who do not have a compressor and there is no need to purchase an undercoating gun.

With rolling, the entire vehicle does not need to be masked off. There is some roller spatter but not significant.
Anything that gets on the vehicles paint can be wiped clean with a small amount of MEK or Acetone on a clean rag and then the areas should be re-waxed later.

Rolling probably uses a little more material (lower coverage) and the final film thickness will be greater than spraying.

Rolling wastes what the foam rollers have absorbed when you toss them away and what is left in the roller pan.
I can't see a roller holding more than 50 to 75 grams of liquid that will not be utilized.
The pan will likely hold the same unless you leave unused material and let it spoil. So in the scheme of things you will
waste about 6 to 7 ounces (5.5%) of coating per gallon by rolling. (Next time I roll I will weigh a roller + pan dry and wet to confirm figures)

SPRAYING
Masking more of the vehicle than is needed for rolling.

Lower film thickness yielding greater coverage which will be a negative from a durability point of view.

A little more uniform final results.

In my opinion, equal or greater waste but this needs to be confirmed. Material will cling to the insides of whatever container holds the material for spraying plus some amount of overspray.
Since a shutz gun really does not atomize like a traditional paint spray gun you will not have clouds of overspray. A shutz gun works like spitting mayonnaise out of a drinking straw.

COVERAGE
Theoretical coverage which is based on math only (volume solids of the coating formula divided by application film thickness) is 80 sq ft per gallon @ 14 mils dry.
This is all subject to widely varying results depending on the method of application and the user.

How was that?
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #282
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotikrobot View Post
I meant to ask why you advise using the silver or gray over the black. I was kind of leaning towards the silver anyhow but am curious as to why you recommend it over the black.
We like silver best from a corrosion prevention standpoint and also silver seems to have better adhesion direct to surfaces that are not ideal.

Silver is filled with almost 2 pounds of flake aluminum which creates an great barrier against moisture permeation. The silver formula is very similar to coatings used for bridge rehab.

It also looks cool alone and can be painted over with any industrial or automotive colored enamel.
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #283
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

MONSTALINER™ JEEPForum.com Killer Promo

4 hours 13 minutes before the curtain goes up
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #284
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
4 hours 13 minutes before the curtain goes up
I am ready now!!

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #285
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
I am ready now!!
Have patience man, I'm proofreading!

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.