Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 188 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #2806
XJcruiser
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I posted a short list of preliminary colors in this thread last Tuesday or Wed.
See if what you want is on that list.
Dark blue may work. I was hoping for a Lime or Orange, especially if you can make it metallic.

How much would I need to paint an entire xj?

Unread 03-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #2807
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Just ordered again got a gallon for the tj, a quart for some misc bs and some silver chassis saver for the cj.
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #2808
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJcruiser View Post
Dark blue may work. I was hoping for a Lime or Orange, especially if you can make it metallic.

How much would I need to paint an entire xj?
At least 2 gallons for entire jeep, tub + exterior

Lime or orange will be a little bit of time yet but not too long.
No metallics planned yet
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #2809
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r08ert209cali View Post
Just ordered again got a gallon for the tj, a quart for some misc bs and some silver chassis saver for the cj.
Got that order. Thanks very much.

Have you seen the new mini roller and foam block kit?

Unread 03-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #2810
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Got that order. Thanks very much.

Have you seen the new mini roller and foam block kit?

Yeah if it is not too late add one with 4 rollers.
Unread 03-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #2811
rickyJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hi Erik, since this is the go to Jeep Monstaliner thread I thought I would ask here. Sorry if it has been addressed, I only read maybe 70 pages.

I installed monstaliner in my JK 4dr. I bought the two gallon kit, but coated the entire tub twice with just one gallon. Since I was down to one roller I decided to wait and recoat it later with the extra gallon.

How long do I have to wait to recoat? It has been over a week, so well out of the first recoat window, but is there a more than "X" time recommendation?

How thorough does the second scuffing need to be? Since it would be adhering to the same product, I would assume less? Need to go over again with the original type of pads, or is just a scotchbrite kind of pad to degloss enough?

Also, what is the reasonable max shelf life of the unopened cans? I have had the cans myself for 6 months, and they were a month or two old when I got them.

Thanks.
rickyJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 01:12 AM   #2812
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ricky, shelf life is 12+months so you are still good. You can scuff the liner and clean with M.E.K. and it will adhere perfectly to itself. I personally would hope for about 3 weeks to ensure that the base liner is fully cured to help reduce the amount of time that it has that signature smell (indicative that the solvent or catalyst used is fully evaporated) is there. You should be good when you are ready though.

Eric, I would once again like to thank you for that favor. It is greatly appreciated. I was about to fall asleep and I remembered that I had an idea for a commercial. The tag line would be MonstApproved. Examples:

A 3 yar bucket drops gravel into a pickup bed and and then says "MonstApproved"
The camera pans from the side of a Jeep to the bottom to show skids covered in Monstaliner and it goes and slops in the mud, then say "MonstApproved"
A tub that is lined and has no carpet shows the interior get flooded in a water crossing and then says "MonstApproved"

The end of the commercial would just have the Monsta, the website, phone number, and would say something like "Monstaliner, for the DIYer wants to save money but demands maximum performance" or something.

I think it could be pretty cool. It would really have a lot of appeal to the Power Block crowd.

Edit: I haven't re-read through this post, but I did change acre to yard. I remembered that while I was in the shower and was prompted to change it. I needs moar sleepz.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #2813
southernss
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Would it be possible to coat over the original monstaliner with let's say white monstaliner when it is available? I only have done the front part of my tub but I am thinking I might finish in white if it will cover over the black.
southernss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #2814
xantasm
2003 TJ Wrangler 

All I gotta say is wow, this stuff goes on thick. I used that cheapo stuff from Autozone on a rig in the past then I decided based on the reviews on here to try Monstaliner and so far it is looking sweet. Its taken me the better part of three days to prep it right then get two coats on by this evening. The first coat was thick enough to stand up by itself, the second coat was really to just get all the little spots I missed or that the sponge didnt fill in. Anyways here are some shots from today, I will post up some more in a day or so when its sunny out and the stuff has fully cured. Its going to be on the first and only Rubihara Scrambler soon as my gr8top comes in

Oh ya, and I still got a gallon I am gonna do my mother's TJ with. Did an unlimited with a Gallon and still had a wee bit to spare. Monstaliner, you should send me a cool sticker so I can sport it on the Rubihara.
img_0947.jpg   img_0948.jpg   img_0961.jpg  
Unread 03-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #2815
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Saw the commercial on for the first time during Truck U this morning- It looks great!
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #2816
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantasm View Post
All I gotta say is wow, this stuff goes on thick. I used that cheapo stuff from Autozone on a rig in the past then I decided based on the reviews on here to try Monstaliner and so far it is looking sweet. Its taken me the better part of three days to prep it right then get two coats on by this evening. The first coat was thick enough to stand up by itself, the second coat was really to just get all the little spots I missed or that the sponge didnt fill in. Anyways here are some shots from today, I will post up some more in a day or so when its sunny out and the stuff has fully cured. Its going to be on the first and only Rubihara Scrambler soon as my gr8top comes in

Oh ya, and I still got a gallon I am gonna do my mother's TJ with. Did an unlimited with a Gallon and still had a wee bit to spare. Monstaliner, you should send me a cool sticker so I can sport it on the Rubihara.
Thanks for the photos! New stickers will be done next month. Everyone who has ordered through www.monstaliner.com will get one in the mail in April.

Got any more final shots of this project?
Unread 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #2817
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernss View Post
Would it be possible to coat over the original monstaliner with let's say white monstaliner when it is available? I only have done the front part of my tub but I am thinking I might finish in white if it will cover over the black.
No problem at all in putting another color over black. You just need to wash it well, scuff it with synthetic pad and solvent wipe with MEK.
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #2818
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
drunk mike posting on threads he's subscribed to magnetman you need to get a monsta emoticon! DO IT !!!!!!!
Mike I DID IT with a few tequillas! here's your emoticon...

..\|/.........\|/..
../..______..\..
..\./..@.@..\./..
...\|./\/\/\.|/...
....|./\/\/\.|....
....\______/....
...._/......\_....
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #2819
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The lowest of low tech. How long did that take you? I bet you spent some time wondering why it was all misaligned at first
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #2820
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
The lowest of low tech. How long did that take you? I bet you spent some time wondering why it was all misaligned at first
17 hours

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.