Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 187 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #2791
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Really liking how this stuff looks. I plan to do my Jeep tub and Metalcloak fenders with bedliner this summer, and have a few questions for you.

1-About how much would I need to do the tub and all 4 fenders/flares? Would the 2 gallon kit be sufficient?

2-Would I need to apply two coats, or would a single coat be sufficient for low traffic areas like the fenders? Obviously the floor of the tub would be getting two coats for sure.

3-Your directions mention that you can apply over light rust. Will this product keep the rust from spreading, or will the rust travel under the liner. I have some light rusting on my fenders, and would like to properly take care of it so it doesn't resurface.

4-My fenders have been spraypainted. Will I have to remove all of that before using your product, or can I apply over it? After removing all the flaking and loose paint of course.

5-Can I use a different roller to achieve a smoother finish? I would like a slightly smooth finish on the fenders if it is possible. If not, I am sure I will be ok with it anyway, as it does not look too rough to the touch.

Thanks for the answers! You may be recieving an order from me in the coming months. That is of course unless I win your contest tommorow.

Unread 03-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #2792
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
I am seriously having a hard time with this. Brand new red sports carabeu seats with red monsta liner... Or a new Glock 23, keep my current black seats and black monsta liner.
GOSH THIS IS TOUGH Someone help me make up my mind.
Hey ncreptile I fixed your avatar!
muammar-gaddafi-flames.jpg

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #2793
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
Really liking how this stuff looks. I plan to do my Jeep tub and Metalcloak fenders with bedliner this summer, and have a few questions for you.

1-About how much would I need to do the tub and all 4 fenders/flares? Would the 2 gallon kit be sufficient?

2-Would I need to apply two coats, or would a single coat be sufficient for low traffic areas like the fenders? Obviously the floor of the tub would be getting two coats for sure.

3-Your directions mention that you can apply over light rust. Will this product keep the rust from spreading, or will the rust travel under the liner. I have some light rusting on my fenders, and would like to properly take care of it so it doesn't resurface.

4-My fenders have been spraypainted. Will I have to remove all of that before using your product, or can I apply over it? After removing all the flaking and loose paint of course.

5-Can I use a different roller to achieve a smoother finish? I would like a slightly smooth finish on the fenders if it is possible. If not, I am sure I will be ok with it anyway, as it does not look too rough to the touch.

Thanks for the answers! You may be recieving an order from me in the coming months. That is of course unless I win your contest tommorow.
1) Is that fenders and flares or fender flares?
1 Gal kit does the tub, just fender flares needs 1 quart (quart goes 15 sq ft for 2 coats)

2) 2 coats or it will not look the best it can and you not be happy

3) just wire brush and spot prime the rust first with silver Chassis Saver to be sure

4) Confirm this: Were your fender flares originally raw black plastic and they were spray painted or were they factory fiberglass with paint from the factory and then they got spray painted?

5) You can control the texture with application technique and adding (or even not adding) a small amount of reducer. I'll help you when you are ready.
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #2794
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Hey ncreptile I fixed your avatar!
Dont forget the horns and him eating poor farmers and children
Oh and the lazer beams from his eyes, I heard he can torture people just by looking at them.
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #2795
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
Dont forget the horns and him eating poor farmers and children
Oh and the lazer beams from his eyes, I heard he can torture people just by looking at them.
I need more time for that but if I do it you switch the photo?
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #2796
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
1) Is that fenders and flares or fender flares?
1 Gal kit does the tub, just fender flares needs 1 quart (quart goes 15 sq ft for 2 coats)

2) 2 coats or it will not look the best it can and you not be happy

3) just wire brush and spot prime the rust first with silver Chassis Saver to be sure

4) Confirm this: Were your fender flares originally raw black plastic and they were spray painted or were they factory fiberglass with paint from the factory and then they got spray painted?

5) You can control the texture with application technique and adding (or even not adding) a small amount of reducer. I'll help you when you are ready.
I plan to do full front fenders and flares, as well as rear flares. Mine are not stock plastic. They are full steel replacement fenders. I figured one quart would probably be enough, but I will probably order two just to be sure.
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #2797
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I plan to do full front fenders and flares, as well as rear flares. Mine are not stock plastic. They are full steel replacement fenders. I figured one quart would probably be enough, but I will probably order two just to be sure.
Double check all your square footage. With 1 gal kit + 2 extra quarts you're only about $20 away from a full 2 gal kit
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #2798
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Double check all your square footage. With 1 gal kit + 2 extra quarts you're only about $20 away from a full 2 gal kit
I will just order the 2 gallon kit then. I can do my front bumper and winch plate with the extra while I am at it. I am sure I can find somewhere else to use it too.

Since you didn't get to it before, am I fine rolling over the spray paint on my steel fenders? Or should I strip that all off first? Thanks again!
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #2799
XJcruiser
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Any word what our color choices will be yet? My paint is crap and I think Im going to coat my entire XJ. My MTR's throw rocks at the rockers all day. The sun ate my hood and roofs paint long ago. I just dont wanna do it all black. Thats the color it is now though. Would 2 gallons do the whole Jeep?
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #2800
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I will just order the 2 gallon kit then. I can do my front bumper and winch plate with the extra while I am at it. I am sure I can find somewhere else to use it too.

Since you didn't get to it before, am I fine rolling over the spray paint on my steel fenders? Or should I strip that all off first? Thanks again!
Sorry, there's a slight risk that Monstaliner or any paint with a solvent stronger than mineral spirits may lift/wrinkle spray paint.

Your safest bet is to remove it. Was that spray paint applied direct to new metal fenders or was there a primer used?
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #2801
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJcruiser View Post
Any word what our color choices will be yet? My paint is crap and I think Im going to coat my entire XJ. My MTR's throw rocks at the rockers all day. The sun ate my hood and roofs paint long ago. I just dont wanna do it all black. Thats the color it is now though. Would 2 gallons do the whole Jeep?
I posted a short list of preliminary colors in this thread last Tuesday or Wed.
See if what you want is on that list.
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #2802
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry, there's a slight risk that Monstaliner or any paint with a solvent stronger than mineral spirits may lift/wrinkle spray paint.

Your safest bet is to remove it. Was that spray paint applied direct to new metal fenders or was there a primer used?
I used Krylon bare metal primer, then Krylon semi-gloss black on top of that. Shouldn't be a problem to remove. It is already flaking now, so I think it should be pretty easy to take off.
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #2803
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I used Krylon bare metal primer, then Krylon semi-gloss black on top of that. Shouldn't be a problem to remove. It is already flaking now, so I think it should be pretty easy to take off.
When ready, see if it all dissolves if you rub into it with lacquer thinner on a rag
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #2804
TheDirtyGeneral

soooo it's monday! who won the contest!?!?!?!?! lol
Unread 03-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #2805
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Details on Next Monstaliner Giveaway on April 10th

NEXT MONSTALINER GIVEAWAY

Sunday April 10th will be the next giveaway.

We have 3 more commercials running before then.

I will begin posting daily stats this weekend so people can make more educated guesses.

I want to thank everyone for their participation!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.