Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 02-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #256
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
A word of advice regarding application on rainy or highly humid days, please try hard to avoid this.

By forcing Monstaliner to cure faster, especially when rolling, you're going to put unnecessary stress on the roller foam. If the roller starts to break up during rolling you then have a situation to deal with especially when you may be using your last roller. You don't want to have to start picking out pieces of foam from the wet coating. Also, the last thing you want to be doing is searching for similar rollers that may not be available in every paint store.

If you are spraying, there is less risk in humid conditions but I wold still be cautious and try to avoid extremes.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

MagnetMan
Thanks for the info MagnetMan. I will edit my install guide when I get a chance. Thankfully I didn't have any problems, but I did notice the roller started to come apart a little. When that happened we just switched to a new one and didn't look back.

On the whole spraying thing, I wasn't really sure. I won't even bother. I still have the second gallon waiting for a project that is worthy of this stuff. I can't wait to see the tinted version. As far as I know, UCC was thinking of doing the tub of his LJ with the tinted stuff.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #257
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Thanks for the info MagnetMan. I will edit my install guide when I get a chance. Thankfully I didn't have any problems, but I did notice the roller started to come apart a little. When that happened we just switched to a new one and didn't look back.

On the whole spraying thing, I wasn't really sure. I won't even bother. I still have the second gallon waiting for a project that is worthy of this stuff. I can't wait to see the tinted version. As far as I know, UCC was thinking of doing the tub of his LJ with the tinted stuff.
If you want to spray Monstaliner it can easily be done with a Shutz undercoating gun. I'll be posting some photos this week of spray and hopefully some tests with color.

Let me know when you want to spray and I'll give you some pointers.

Yes, UCC is going to do Patriot Blue. He and I will get together on this soon.

Last edited by magnetman; 02-07-2010 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: typo
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #258
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
If you want to spray Monstaliner it can easily be done with a Shutz undercoating gun. I'll be posting some photos this week of spray and hopefully some tests with color.

Let me know when you want to spray and I'll give you some pointers.

Yes, UCC is going to do Patriot Blue. He and I will get together on this soon.
Sounds great. I still need to find a project for that second can and a shutz gun. I edited my guide and added a new post with better hints at the dealing coming up. I am excited to see how many orders you get.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 02-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #259
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i should be doing the blue shortly, just been busy
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #260
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So does that mean you are back in NY yet?

I want to see that LJ with some blue monster in it.
Unread 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #261
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would like to see some examples of the sprayed. I'm not too worried about the color, just an extra, but if I did, I want to do silver to match the Jeep. I'm going to have to get a shutz gun to spray this when I do.

What's the ability to spray it on extra thick to give yourself a thicker coating? I want to try and deaden the sound and heat as much as I can and want a thick coat.
Unread 02-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #262
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
I would like to see some examples of the sprayed. I'm not too worried about the color, just an extra, but if I did, I want to do silver to match the Jeep. I'm going to have to get a shutz gun to spray this when I do.

What's the ability to spray it on extra thick to give yourself a thicker coating? I want to try and deaden the sound and heat as much as I can and want a thick coat.
I went thick when I rolled it, and I had no problems. I would assume the same can be said for spraying. You might even end up doing 3 coats which would make it very thick. Just be sure to have everything you want to coat prepped.
Unread 02-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #263
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post

Monstaliner is very different from other urethanes in that you can apply it heavy with no adverse effects or defects happening. Urethanes tend to bubble if applied too heavy. This does not.

We will make a silver sample shortly.

We will start selling shutz guns soon and we will make sure whatever we stock will be a decent one. The guns that come with Raptor are not very good. I can buy those in bulk for $6.50 each. The tip is way too large with no control.
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #264
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds good. I will be looking forward to seeing some samples of the product.
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #265
hypnotikrobot
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotikrobot View Post
I am interested in the chassis saver product. My Jeep is an outright rust bucket and something needs to be done to help stop this madness.

I assume a gallon is more than enough to do the underside of a Wrangler but am wondering if you could provide any tips for getting a good application of this product.

I think I can get access to a sandblaster so I may just go at it with that but if not I guess I could just wire wheel it. How much material do I need to remove before applying this product? Should it be bare and shiny metal or can it coat over some rust? I also have some spots on my rockers and rear corners, which are covered with steel panels but I would like to coat them with something better than the Rustoleum stop rust that is on there now.

Any recommendations or words of advice?

Also do you have any sort of promotions for us to use?
Just in case you missed this.
Unread 02-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #266
BmrSnr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!MagnetMan[/QUOTE]

Yes I have and thank you; if it can or will happen, it will to me. I will have a couple rollers waiting.
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #267
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotikrobot View Post
Just in case you missed this.
Sorry I missed this.. Good questions

FYI and to all who follow this thread, THE KILLER PROMO WILL BE REVEALED ON THURSDAY!

Sandblasting would be the right thing to do if you have access to a rig. I'd recommend that you use Chassis Saver silver if you don't mind the color vs black or we now have gray as well.

CS can be applied directly over tight rust so you really don't need to remove it all. Get rid of the crusty and flaking material so there's nothing loose anymore. Do not take surfaces to bare shiny metal with a wire wheel or you can create adhesion problems. CS likes rough surfaces. Then just brush or spray a minimum of 2 coats everywhere. 3 coats is best. Thin coats. Don't try to go heavy thinking you'll use less coats. CS can form bubbles if lopped on too thick. The bubbles are where moisture will work it's way back to the metal and start rusting again.

On rockers, body panels, etc... Just wire brush to remove loose rust and brush 3 thin coats on all rusty areas. Try to get some coating inside around any edges of rust holes. You can then paint over the CS if desired.

And yes, 1 gallon will be more than enough. If you want, because CS can harden in the big can, I'll give you 4 qts for 1 gallon price + free shipping

Hope this helped

Regards,
MagnetMan
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #268
mynameismyles65
1994 XJ Cherokee 

cant wait to see the killer promo
mynameismyles65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #269
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameismyles65 View Post
cant wait to see the killer promo
I will just tell you that it sure is worth it.

MagnetMan, are you willing to let me know how many orders that nets you? I am kind of interested to see how well it does for you guys.
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #270
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I will just tell you that it sure is worth it.

MagnetMan, are you willing to let me know how many orders that nets you? I am kind of interested to see how well it does for you guys.
Of course, I will post it for all to see

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.