6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2671 of Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
So, I think that is 100% satisfaction rate with Monstaliner (would probably be about 95%, but Magnet, you have great CS in two ways).


Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #2672 of Old 03-03-2011, 01:02 PM
mbaseel
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland
Posts: 51
Hey Magnetman I would like to Monstaliner the outside of my hard top. Any suggestions on prep work for it? It already is painted with the rustoleum hammered paint. Just rough it up a little and take some M.E.K. to it like the rest of the tub?
Thanks,
Mike
mbaseel is offline  
post #2673 of Old 03-03-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaseel View Post
Hey Magnetman I would like to Monstaliner the outside of my hard top. Any suggestions on prep work for it? It already is painted with the rustoleum hammered paint. Just rough it up a little and take some M.E.K. to it like the rest of the tub?
Thanks,
Mike
Correct, just scuff sand and solvent wipe, then roll liner.

Please check this for me: Do you have any regular mineral spirits paint thinner? Put a small amount on a clean white rag. Rub hard in a small circle on the Rustoleum hammered paint surface.

Does the mineral spirits dissolve the Rustoleum? Does any come off on the rag?
magnetman is offline  
post #2674 of Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 PM
mbaseel
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Correct, just scuff sand and solvent wipe, then roll liner.

Please check this for me: Do you have any regular mineral spirits paint thinner? Put a small amount on a clean white rag. Rub hard in a small circle on the Rustoleum hammered paint surface.

Does the mineral spirits dissolve the Rustoleum? Does any come off on the rag?
I don't have any but I may be able to find some and let you know.
mbaseel is offline  
post #2675 of Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 AM
medic-11
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 298
The weather outside is PERFECT here in central Florida for some Jeep projects. I havent checked this thread in a while, so I checked in today hoping to hear some news about available COLORS.

I simply cannot use black. My kids would have burnt arms from the rear wheelwells when the Jeep is topless. Im holding out for your liner due to your active involvement on this site and the quality of your product (by JF member feedback). I really dont know how much longer I can hold out though......
medic-11 is offline  
post #2676 of Old 03-15-2011, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic-11 View Post
The weather outside is PERFECT here in central Florida for some Jeep projects. I havent checked this thread in a while, so I checked in today hoping to hear some news about available COLORS.

I simply cannot use black. My kids would have burnt arms from the rear wheelwells when the Jeep is topless. Im holding out for your liner due to your active involvement on this site and the quality of your product (by JF member feedback). I really dont know how much longer I can hold out though......
I will be back here tonight with an update on COLORS!

What color are you looking for?
magnetman is offline  
post #2677 of Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 AM
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I will be back here tonight with an update on COLORS!

What color are you looking for?
impact orange.
lumpster is offline  
post #2678 of Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 AM
OZFive
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Chicagoland
Posts: 463
I had an idea last night, that would require colors as well. How about doing the dash parts and door panels in Mostaliner? I was thinking the center radio / environmental controls and the instrument cluster in black, and the rest in a gunmetal grey. It might be TOO much texture for the interior maybe....

The plastic pieces of the interior are already textured, and the texture you guys seem to achieve with Mostaliner seems to be less rough and more smooth than others.

I know a lot of people do the tub, but how about the plastic interior as well?

Just an idea running around my head and when I saw that info on colors is coming tonight....

Well I posted to subscribe.

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Black w/ Spice Sahara Interior & Black Soft top.
Is my first Jeep!
My "build?" thread.
OZFive is offline  
post #2679 of Old 03-15-2011, 12:27 PM
MountainMan864
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 3,656
DesertSand Pearlcoat.
MountainMan864 is offline  
post #2680 of Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM
humbertotrevino
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mexico
Posts: 213
TJ Spice/Tan

98 TJ, K&N cold air intake, gibson exhaust catback, Bushwacker 6" fender flares, 31" AT, 2.5 OME HD lift, JKS adj. front trackbar, JKS adj rear trackbar, JKS quicker disconnects, JKS 1" MML, JKS 1.25" BL Superwinch EPi9.0, Bestop Sunrider and sliders, PIAA, custom winch plate,
My buildup: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-tj-norwegian-build-up-605518/
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
I'm going to beat gas prices Flintstones style!!
humbertotrevino is offline  
post #2681 of Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM
mike_breaker_5
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: emporium,
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFive View Post
I had an idea last night, that would require colors as well. How about doing the dash parts and door panels in Mostaliner? I was thinking the center radio / environmental controls and the instrument cluster in black, and the rest in a gunmetal grey. It might be TOO much texture for the interior maybe....

The plastic pieces of the interior are already textured, and the texture you guys seem to achieve with Mostaliner seems to be less rough and more smooth than others.

I know a lot of people do the tub, but how about the plastic interior as well?

Just an idea running around my head and when I saw that info on colors is coming tonight....

Well I posted to subscribe.

i have planned on doing the entire jeep in monsta since the day i put it on my frame and underbody (last summer). that includes pedal rack, entire dash (front and rear), seat frames, steering column (not the wheel), gauge housings, the padded dash peice that a yj has, ... you name it it's getting liner. this jeep will never rust out again. i will be doing OD green on most everything and black on few pieces for a little accent, but i will be sure to report how it goes after getting the jeep back together again.

Ratmonkey donation page. all proceeds will go to his family.
http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fu..._source=widget


it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline  
post #2682 of Old 03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
OZFive
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Chicagoland
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
i have planned on doing the entire jeep in monsta since the day i put it on my frame and underbody (last summer). that includes pedal rack, entire dash (front and rear), seat frames, steering column (not the wheel), gauge housings, the padded dash peice that a yj has, ... you name it it's getting liner. this jeep will never rust out again. i will be doing OD green on most everything and black on few pieces for a little accent, but i will be sure to report how it goes after getting the jeep back together again.
I look forward to hearing of your experience. My interior is still a ways off before I start work on it (probably). Major mechanicals first, performance and appearance and later.

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Black w/ Spice Sahara Interior & Black Soft top.
Is my first Jeep!
My "build?" thread.
OZFive is offline  
post #2683 of Old 03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
TheDirtyGeneral
Registered User
2009  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USF. Tampa
Posts: 2,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I will be back here tonight with an update on COLORS!

What color are you looking for?
When tonight?!?!?

You know I've been holding out for that tan for a lonnnngggg time now!

But i'll continue to wait, for your prices and customer service alone, not to mention I know you wont put out anything that isn't quality.

Chris. I miss driving my Jeep. Can't wait to get into another one.
TheDirtyGeneral is offline  
post #2684 of Old 03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
Well, if this old dog plays like he usually does, it will be 1 or 2am before we get a post

Edit: I see he is in the thread. Maybe he is making that post now

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #2685 of Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Tinga
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,328
Whoo.. we have NO money left ( stinking moving UGH!) But looking forward to the post :P

Girls like STROKIN too!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/1971-jeepster-commando-1380633/
Tinga is offline  
Reply

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome