Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 174 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #2596
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt View Post
alright. i was just wondering. do not use with liner. got it. thanks for the response.
Chassis Saver is designed to go over rust. It encapsulates the rust and prevents moisture and oxygen from getting at the metal which stops further rust from occurring.

You can certainly install Monstaliner over Chassis Saver and we encourage this if rust exists in the tub.

I would tell you to save the free quart for another application if you don't have rust in tub where you would just scuff the OEM paint and line over that.

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #2597
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
He was just asking if you needed to have the CS down as a base before you Monstaline.
exactly. i didn't want extra work. i would use the free CS on the frame.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #2598
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

got rust?

Unread 01-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #2599
stogismkr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skey View Post
Magnetman,

Thanks for using my Jeep in above pictures and in You Tube video. Real honor!! I am still not done putting everything back together, when I do I will send you complete pictures.

stogismkr:

The 1 gallon kit is CLOSE on a YJ. Be careful to not go too thick on first coat, you will be pushing it to get second coat as thick. As stated above, you can see what all I covered. I thought I might have enough left over for both bumpers, but that proved to not be the case, so I ordered an additional quart kit for that after the fact. Good luck...Scott
Scott, thanks for the advice.
stogismkr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #2600
stogismkr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

MM, just ordered the reducer. Thanks. I'll be out of town when it when gets here, so it'll be ready when I get home. Then I will post up some before, during and after pics for you.
stogismkr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #2601
SixSpeed5
1986 CJ7 

I sent a request for a sample tonight. Hopefully I like what I see. Let me know if you got it!

For the submission form, you might want to have a momentary redirect to a confirmation page so people know it went through.
1963 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 404.115 : Doka Hardcab : Turbodiesel : Exocaged
SixSpeed5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #2602
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeed5 View Post
I sent a request for a sample tonight. Hopefully I like what I see. Let me know if you got it!

For the submission form, you might want to have a momentary redirect to a confirmation page so people know it went through.
Hi Jack

I just got you email request and you had some good questions. I'm going to post it here shortly with my answers so others can read it too.

Regards
MagnetMan
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #2603
SixSpeed5
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Hi Jack

I just got you email request and you had some good questions. I'm going to post it here shortly with my answers so others can read it too.

Regards
MagnetMan
Awesome, thanks!

Glad to see someone else doesn't sleep as well.
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:21 AM   #2604
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Copied from an email:

Quote:
I am working on a ground up Unimog restoration and was getting close to pulling the trigger on LineX for the Body Tub, exocage, and bed. I was still uneasy about the price (Aren't we all?) so I was keeping options open. Monstaliner sound like the most promising DIY liner I have seen. I am definitely interested! I would be looking at black for the exocage and bed, and grey for the cab (to limit the oven effect the cab has!). I was wondering if it can be applied any thicker than 40 mils? For the exocage and bed 40 mils is fine, but I was after some thickness for the cab so I could have some sound insulation (ITS A LITTLE NOISY).
You can apply Monstaliner as thick as you want you just need to consider the cost. The thicker you apply any coating the more sound dampening
you will have but there's got to be a point of deminishing return on investment. I don't know what that point is with this.
Maybe you can do something on the inside surfaces of the cab that will cost less?

Quote:
Second question is related to prep, all of the surfaces need to be sand blasted before prep, I have been holding off on doing the blasting until I know EXACTLY what I need to put down. Do you have any recommendations?
For best adhesion you need to choose a primer since we don't recommend that Monstaliner be applied direct to metal.
You could uses Chassis Saver but a 2K epoxy primer is probably best for adhesion considering you are doing the whole vehicle.

Unimogs are really cool. Got any photos to post here?
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #2605
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

magnet man,
i dropped the yj off at Jeff Daniels Jeeps in harleysville pa yesterday. i ranted about monstaliner for probably 15 minutes. the long and short of it, i may have placed enough praise, and a sample being my jeep now in their lot, that they will most likely be in touch to setup some sort of retail/wholesale arrangement. from the sounds of it, after a little self testing, they seemed also interested in using it as a part of their shops arsenal for coating products. they were plenty familiar with Chassis Saver and when told monstaliner was made by the same company i think i saw an eyebrow lift slightly.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #2606
SixSpeed5
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
You can apply Monstaliner as thick as you want you just need to consider the cost. The thicker you apply any coating the more sound dampening you will have but there's got to be a point of deminishing return on investment. I don't know what that point is with this.
Maybe you can do something on the inside surfaces of the cab that will cost less?
In the past I have considered Lizard Skin, but the only problem I see is that it isn't (from what I gather) designed to be used as a top coat. I don't think it would hold up to mud/boots/washing the way a bedliner product would. Do you know if Monstaliner will adhere to Lizard Skin?

Quote:
For best adhesion you need to choose a primer since we don't recommend that Monstaliner be applied direct to metal.
You could uses Chassis Saver but a 2K epoxy primer is probably best for adhesion considering you are doing the whole vehicle.
Do you have any recommendations for a 2 Part Epoxy Primer? I see a lot of Epoxy primers, and a lot of 2-Part Urethane etc.

Quote:
Unimogs are really cool. Got any photos to post here?
There isn't much to look at right now, but in a few weeks I'll post up some pictures once its semibacktogether.

Thanks!
Unread 01-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #2607
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
magnet man,
i dropped the yj off at Jeff Daniels Jeeps in harleysville pa yesterday. i ranted about monstaliner for probably 15 minutes. the long and short of it, i may have placed enough praise, and a sample being my jeep now in their lot, that they will most likely be in touch to setup some sort of retail/wholesale arrangement. from the sounds of it, after a little self testing, they seemed also interested in using it as a part of their shops arsenal for coating products. they were plenty familiar with Chassis Saver and when told monstaliner was made by the same company i think i saw an eyebrow lift slightly.
Thanks for the recommendation. Just let them know they can contact me any time for more info and samples.
Unread 01-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #2608
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
In the past I have considered Lizard Skin, but the only problem I see is that it isn't (from what I gather) designed to be used as a top coat. I don't think it would hold up to mud/boots/washing the way a bedliner product would. Do you know if Monstaliner will adhere to Lizard Skin?

Do you have any recommendations for a 2 Part Epoxy Primer? I see a lot of Epoxy primers, and a lot of 2-Part Urethane etc.

There isn't much to look at right now, but in a few weeks I'll post up some pictures once its semibacktogether.

Thanks!
Monstaliner will stick to Lizardskin. Realistically, how much time before you consider what to do for sound control?

We make a good 2K epoxy primer.

Are you planning to roll or spray bedliner on the exterior?
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #2609
SixSpeed5
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Monstaliner will stick to Lizardskin. Realistically, how much time before you consider what to do for sound control?

We make a good 2K epoxy primer.

Are you planning to roll or spray bedliner on the exterior?
I am at least a few weeks out on doing sound control. The cab is last after the exocage and bed coatings, as I am still working on sheet metal on the cab.

I will probably roll the bedliner on the cage and bed (bed is super flat, easy!) and I think the cage would just be too much wasted product if I were to spray.

For the cab, I am on the fence, I could roll it or spray it really. There are a few tight places, but nothing that couldn't be done.

Thanks!
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #2610
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I am at least a few weeks out on doing sound control. The cab is last after the exocage and bed coatings, as I am still working on sheet metal on the cab.

I will probably roll the bedliner on the cage and bed (bed is super flat, easy!) and I think the cage would just be too much wasted product if I were to spray.

For the cab, I am on the fence, I could roll it or spray it really. There are a few tight places, but nothing that couldn't be done.

Thanks!
Can you get me an estimate this week on approx how many sq ft you have to coat with sound dampening material?

I have a mad scientist idea

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.