Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 01-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #241
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think I will be doing a tintable version sprayed but will see

UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #242
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good to me, I can't wait to see it.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #243
BmrSnr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Signing up. Still no word on a smaller kit. I wouldn't think that excluding a gallon of product would require so much work.
Unread 01-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #244
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmrSnr View Post
Signing up. Still no word on a smaller kit. I wouldn't think that excluding a gallon of product would require so much work.
I don't think it does, but as he stated before, he's been having some family problems lately. Give him a chance, and I'm sure we'll have everything we ask for.
Unread 01-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #245
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
I don't think it does, but as he stated before, he's been having some family problems lately. Give him a chance, and I'm sure we'll have everything we ask for.
x2. He is planning on packing it in quarts which isn't hard, but he needs to divide up the catalyst, and then find a way to pack it in smaller containers.

Why don't you just contact him and get him to send you 1 gallon and pint of catalyst. He should have a better price than $120 (which is totally worth it still).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #246
hypnotikrobot
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I am interested in the chassis saver product. My Jeep is an outright rust bucket and something needs to be done to help stop this madness.

I assume a gallon is more than enough to do the underside of a Wrangler but am wondering if you could provide any tips for getting a good application of this product.

I think I can get access to a sandblaster so I may just go at it with that but if not I guess I could just wire wheel it. How much material do I need to remove before applying this product? Should it be bare and shiny metal or can it coat over some rust? I also have some spots on my rockers and rear corners, which are covered with steel panels but I would like to coat them with something better than the Rustoleum stop rust that is on there now.

Any recommendations or words of advice?

Also do you have any sort of promotions for us to use?
Unread 02-06-2010, 02:31 AM   #247
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

The Too Long Awaited 1 Gallon Kit

Hello to all, I am back and once again I apologize for my disappearance.

We have finally put together the single gallon kit that many have asked for.
The web site is almost finished being updated. You can see the kit there now and pricing is up.
I need to add some items to the shopping cart and I’ll also be listing some new kits on eBay in the next few days.
We will continue the FREE Shipping policy and I’ll have a discount this coming week for all forum members as well.

Boodyrider, if you still want to try this product I’ll give you an extra discount just for being such a nice guy

I will post the details of the discount special here. I just need to figure out how to handle this on eBay and in the shopping cart.

I also need to answer some overdue questions in the thread and I’ll begin this tomorrow through Monday.

Monstaliner colors/tintable version is being worked on again.
We did some more lab samples today which we will tint on Monday and Tuesday to check our work.

That’s all I can think of for now. Send me any new questions for timely response.

NOTE: We’re also going to start selling Chassis Saver on the Monstaliner web site. There won’t be any discounting
on this product because we have to support our dealers and not undersell but we will offer free shipping
and we’ll spice up the Monstaliner sales by giving away some free Chassis Saver with kit purchases.

So if anyone is a die hard POR-15 fan, now is the time to check out Chassis Saver.
It's been on the market for 20 years now and you'll save enough money on a single gallon to feed dinner to 4 people.

My thanks again to all who have been patient with me. I'm going to make it worth the wait!

Regards
MagnetMan

Last edited by magnetman; 02-06-2010 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: typos
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #248
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any word on being able to spray this product? I'm very interested in this, and it's either down to this or RaptorLiner. I would also like to have a tintable version as well.
Unread 02-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #249
BmrSnr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I realize that you wont be able to give an exact date for the tinted product but do you have a rough guess. I am waiting for your stuff, Have not heard a bad comment; the humidity issue is a big reason. The chassis saver is it only spray or can it be rolled on?
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #250
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Any word on being able to spray this product? I'm very interested in this, and it's either down to this or RaptorLiner. I would also like to have a tintable version as well.
That's what I forgot to mention.

Yes, spraying is no problem. Because Monstaliner was originally designed for rolling, when I sprayed, I needed to add a small amount of MEK reducer perhaps 5 or 8% since the viscosity is a bit heavy. I used between 70 and 100 psi to create an nice spatter pattern.

I'll post some photos this week of what the spray looks like.

I used a WALCOM Shutz gun. This gun has a much better tip with some control of the spray pattern than the really cheap undercoat guns. I simply stuck the suction tube into a quart paint can and sucked up the material as I sprayed.
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #251
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmrSnr View Post
I realize that you wont be able to give an exact date for the tinted product but do you have a rough guess. I am waiting for your stuff, Have not heard a bad comment; the humidity issue is a big reason. The chassis saver is it only spray or can it be rolled on?
Tintable will be early to mid March, perhaps sooner and I'll be updating progress here every few days.

I don't advise rolling Chassis Saver but brushing is awesome and it flows out and looks almost sprayed.

You must put multiple thinner coats of CS to avoid "outgassing" which can cause bubbling. Rolling puts too much on at once which can trap the bubbles and they don't break before the film sets up.
Unread 02-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #252
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
UCC, are you going to be spraying the stuff? I would love to see that. I still have that gallon, and if I find a shutz gun I want to try my hand at spraying it (I don't even want to attempt thinning it out enough to spray it with a regualr spray gun).

On a completly different note, I found out that oil based paint needs to be thinned to more mineral spirits than paint. It took longer try dry, but it actaully sprayed properly.
Don't even bother trying to spray Monstaliner with regular spray guns, you would need to reduce way too far and it will still clog your tips
Unread 02-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #253
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCC View Post
for an a 8' bed i would assume you would need atleast 1.5 gallons to give it a nice thick coat, i think if you did a thin coat 1 gal would be enough though...
Based on my first hand install on 12 to 15 trucks I would not try to skimp on coating for an 8 foot bed. You want to use the whole 2 gallon kit.

Even though you could stretch the coating, you are not creating a thick enough film for the best protection.

In comparison, the reason that a product like herculiner can stretch farther than something like Monstaliner is because Herc is essentially a very thin film. The crumb rubber makes it look thicker but in reality what you have is a bunch of rubber particles glued down in a thin film of coating. The viscosity of Herc is much lower than Monstaliner and it will just spread further. If you thinned down Monstaliner to work more like Herc, you would not get the texture.

Herculiner measures with a film thickness gauge about the same thickness as Monsta but it's a false reading entirely since the probe sits on top of the rubber way above the coating itself.
Unread 02-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #254
BmrSnr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The timing in March will be perfect, I will be watching.
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #255
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
It is the same prep work pretty much. Monstaliner is pretty awesome stuff, and if you have a garage, I would recomend doing the coating on a rainy day. The higher humidity helps accelerate the cure time.

Linky Time; My Monstaliner Complete Install: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ite-up-901675/
A word of advice regarding application on rainy or highly humid days, please try hard to avoid this.

By forcing Monstaliner to cure faster, especially when rolling, you're going to put unnecessary stress on the roller foam. If the roller starts to break up during rolling you then have a situation to deal with especially when you may be using your last roller. You don't want to have to start picking out pieces of foam from the wet coating. Also, the last thing you want to be doing is searching for similar rollers that may not be available in every paint store.

If you are spraying, there is less risk in humid conditions but I wold still be cautious and try to avoid extremes.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

MagnetMan

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.