Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #226
jackster1797
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well I just painted my jeep and I am interested in getting some of your product I would like to get it in the color of my hardtop let me know if your going to make a color like that thanks will be home from Afghanistan soon thank god, 2-87 Infantry Rocks

pics-michael-501.jpg  
jackster1797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #227
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84MSRB View Post
Mine went in well- not trail tested yet, as I am undriveable.
Used one gallon of Monstaliner, gave me two good coats in the entire tub, as one was not adequate coverage.
The only thing that would help- as far as application is concerned- would be a 2" roller. From the top of the rear fenderwell to the top of the tub is a beotch with the 3" roller or the brush. Just sayin.

Good job on the application, looks really good! No matter what DIY I go with, I'll have to wait till spring cause it's way too blasted cold here!!! Even with some space heaters in my garage I can only get it up to 40F.
BigDogTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #228
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

I got lucky with a warm spell in November after HS football ended. I did mine at around 55*, and it worked well.

** I did find out that at the low night temperatures, and with the lid tightly sealed, I could use what was left in the first bucket (about 1.5 inches) on some touch-up spots. This stuff is pretty hard to check when it's wet, it's so damn shiny.
84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #229
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

lol, only after a 1 night, I added some M.E.K. to mostly rubbery stuff at the bottom, and used it to patch the bumper more than 1 month later. I accidentally bashed the seat on the bumper when putting it back in, and I just dropped some M.E.K. in the can to soften it up. I took the paint stick to the bumper and added some. After scraping the excess off with the stirrer, I used a crappy foam brush to add a little texture by dabbing the wet monstaliner. It is almost impossible to see, but it has a very differnent texture, and can be felt. I also happened to do the patch when it was about 30 degrees out.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #230
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm about to coat my bone stock 2002 TJ in Orange County (still has stock carpet) I'll do a little more research so when we talk I can have some better questions

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #231
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey everyone, just spoke with Eric from monstaliner, he will be back on the forums shortly and will catch up on all the unanswered questions.
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #232
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCC View Post
Hey everyone, just spoke with Eric from monstaliner, he will be back on the forums shortly and will catch up on all the unanswered questions.
........still don't see him! Oh well, still too cold to put it on anyways.
BigDogTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #233
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yep....waiting because I need to figure out how I'm gonna do this..It's nice and wet here perfect for playing submarine

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #234
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

My disappearance

A quick note to all that have been following this thread and my sincere apologies for dropping the ball. My wife had a death in her family of someone very close and I have been out of town off and on for the past 2 months helping her deal with the related issues. I plan to be back here over this weekend to pick up where we left off and to address all questions and comments.

We are once again working on both smaller kit packaging and tintable product.

Thanks to everyone for their continued interest and patience and Happy New Year to all!!

Eric
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #235
CarolinaPoetic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Im interested in using this to do my JK tub and fenders it looks good my zip is 57701 whats the cost on getting it and shipped out here to me in just the black and are you running any specials for anything im military does that help
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #236
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Most definitely looking forward to seeing the possibilities. I might be doing a bed liner sometimes before summer or at summer.
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #237
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am looking to line my tub next week. I was going to use Monstaliner, however their site does not mention anything regarding a smaller kit for Jeeps, and I don't recall seeing any information for Canadian Orders. Instead I'm going to try a product called Gator Guard II. Retails here in Canada for sub $100 CDN, which if you convert to US dollars, would be the sub $101 US

I really would rather use the Monstaliner, but the product is a little too new. That's not a big problem, but not for $100 + shipping + import duties.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #238
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeretic View Post
I am looking to line my tub next week. I was going to use Monstaliner, however their site does not mention anything regarding a smaller kit for Jeeps, and I don't recall seeing any information for Canadian Orders. Instead I'm going to try a product called Gator Guard II. Retails here in Canada for sub $100 CDN, which if you convert to US dollars, would be the sub $101 US

I really would rather use the Monstaliner, but the product is a little too new. That's not a big problem, but not for $100 + shipping + import duties.
I wouldn't say it is too new since the stuff has been in the works for about 5+ years from a company that has had govt. contracts for longer than my parents have been alive.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #239
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I will be doing my LJ shortly in it
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #240
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCC View Post
I will be doing my LJ shortly in it
UCC, are you going to be spraying the stuff? I would love to see that. I still have that gallon, and if I find a shutz gun I want to try my hand at spraying it (I don't even want to attempt thinning it out enough to spray it with a regualr spray gun).

On a completly different note, I found out that oil based paint needs to be thinned to more mineral spirits than paint. It took longer try dry, but it actaully sprayed properly.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.