Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 156 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 11-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #2326
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
My god... you thought I was rough on you here when you first came aboard.... Pirate should REALLY be interesting! Nah, I think you've earned your credibility, Monstaliner and to an extent Chassis Saver are starting to be relatively well known and certainly well talked about in the Jeep community.

So my next project is starting, YJ tub on CJ frame, and your stuff is gonna be all over the thing. Hints on spraying the bottom with Chassis Saver and Monstaliner will be appreciated. I liked the texture from rolling so that's what the inside of the tub gets, but I want really good sealing on the bottom as the project vehicle will wind up in the US Virgin Islands... and I want it to be rust free for 20 years or more. Fortunately the YJ tub is in very good shape, and the CJ frame will be well cleaned and blasted if needed.

Hints on reducing for spraying?
Hints on what to spray each product with?

I'm thinking aluminum CS for frame, Gloss black CS with ML topcoat for the tub. Probably order tomorrow or Monday...

What, 2 gallon kit with some extra rollers and a quart aluminum CS, 2 quarts black CS? ... I still wish you had Monstaliner available in quarts for smaller jobs....

BY the way... CJ Copper Metallic would be a nice color for ML....

check my build thread for a full undercoating of monstaliner. the pics arent the best but you get the idea. i had talked to magnetman earlier in this thread about the need to thin it alot to get it to flow through my spray gun but we both drew the conclusion that my shutz gun was just cheap as hell. one thing i can say though, make sure your gun has a way to adjust the nozzle.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #2327
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedde423 View Post
Only part I'd really be able to see are the wheel wells. Probably thinking about that too much. The frame does need a bit of work, so it sounds like the aluminum would be the better choice.

I really should have paid attention to the MSDS earlier, would have explained what I asked. And looking back I may have come off sounding worse than I intended. Sorry about that.

I'll look forward to seeing more about it. And now I just have to figure out what I could try it on without tearing the truck apart.
The other reason I like the silver-aluminum for chassis work is by using the contrasting light color you can see much better where you have already coated.

And in the wheel wells if the silver bothers you peeking out, just topcoat those areas with anything black
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #2328
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
My personal opinion would be to save the $100

Hand scrape that grease I see and then pressure wash with degreaser to clean it all well. Wire brush all to remove any loose rust, let it all dry 24 hours, then coat with Chassis Saver

On the other hand if you have the extra $100 to spend you will have a nicer uniform surface to coat with Chassis Saver.

Choice is: Cheap and not so smooth vs $100, smooth and prettier
being an axle that will get beat up...ill save the 100. I'll really goto town on it today and see how much I can get done. Thanks
NxtGenCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #2329
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
My god... you thought I was rough on you here when you first came aboard.... Pirate should REALLY be interesting! Nah, I think you've earned your credibility, Monstaliner and to an extent Chassis Saver are starting to be relatively well known and certainly well talked about in the Jeep community.

So my next project is starting, YJ tub on CJ frame, and your stuff is gonna be all over the thing. Hints on spraying the bottom with Chassis Saver and Monstaliner will be appreciated. I liked the texture from rolling so that's what the inside of the tub gets, but I want really good sealing on the bottom as the project vehicle will wind up in the US Virgin Islands... and I want it to be rust free for 20 years or more. Fortunately the YJ tub is in very good shape, and the CJ frame will be well cleaned and blasted if needed.

Hints on reducing for spraying?
Hints on what to spray each product with?

I'm thinking aluminum CS for frame, Gloss black CS with ML topcoat for the tub. Probably order tomorrow or Monday...

What, 2 gallon kit with some extra rollers and a quart aluminum CS, 2 quarts black CS? ... I still wish you had Monstaliner available in quarts for smaller jobs....

BY the way... CJ Copper Metallic would be a nice color for ML....
I just put my first vendor post up on Pirate last night.
It's funny to look at my profile over there because I've been a member since 2005 and I have 2 posts.
I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what happens as well.

Regarding your questions about spraying:

Chassis Saver: Use any type of spray gun. Gravity or siphon, HVLP or not. Reduce 10 to 15% using our S8 Reducer
or xylol/xylene. Tip size on gun is nothing special. 1.2 to 1.4, same as for spraying automotive paints/primers.
Pressure: Use 45 to 60 psi, HVLP tip pressure 6 to 10 psi

Spray multiple thin, medium-wet coats allowing 3 to 6 hours between coats or within less than 24 hours.
This recoat window is flexible during the first 24 hours after your 1st coat. You want each coat to be dry to the touch,
not sticky but have a slight drag under your finger tip. Never apply coats of chassis saver too heavy or the coating can cure with bubbles.

Monstaliner: You must have a Schutz gun and you'll need to reduce the coating with MEK.
16 oz (1 pint) up to 24 oz (1.5 pints) per gallon of Monstaliner with catalyst. As mike_breaker_5 stated, different Schutz guns
will spray differently. The length of the front end varies on all guns and I think that the longer the exit tube,
the more reduction becomes necessary.
Pressure: All dependant on the gun. Use 40 up to 100 psi and you just need to test it to get the pattern and texture you like.

We have 2 Schutz guns in stock now that we will offer for sale very soon. The first is a cheap gun with no tip adjustment,
the other is the gun I have found that I like the best of any gun tested. It has a nice tip adjustment built in.

The other thing that helps greatly is to have cheater valve installed between the gun and your air hose connection.
This allows you to regulate the pressure at the gun without having to walk back to your compressor. We will also have these valves to sell.

This week I will take photos of the guns so we can talk better about what I know.

In the meantime, check this out.
(scroll down, I can't get this script to work correctly in the forum)

ZOOM

ZOOM

ZOOM

ZOOM

ZOOM

Z
O
O
M

galleryimg='no' ondrag='return false' oncontextmenu='return false'>

Z
O
O
M

Z
O
O
M

Z
O
O
M
ClicPic

Last edited by magnetman; 11-22-2010 at 10:03 AM..
Unread 11-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #2330
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

MONSTALINERô Promo Extension

MONSTALINERô Promo Extended thru December 31st

Makes a great Holiday gift!

Watch this week for the
"Insane Chassis Saverô
Black Friday Mega Promo"
Unread 11-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #2331
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i used about 40# of pressure with this gun.

this is the cheater valve magnetman is talking about. it's easy to use and makes the job alot easier than having one on the compressor. you simply pull the black thing up turn to increase or decrease the working pressure.

5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
Unread 11-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #2332
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I thought most guns have those. I know our cheap hvlp gun does. I love how working pressure at the tank is always greater than the working pressure of the gun.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #2333
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Damn these sales!! Everything goes on sale once you buy it... never fails.. Anyway..
Bling Bling Axle.
This is just the first coat.. 2nd and maybe 3rd to come later.
Brakes are getting replaced as to why they looked that way.
A few post up is the original way the axle looked.

Some advice when using chassis saver...

Dont get it on your skin..
A little bit goes a long long way..

Question though:
It is possible to paint right over Chassis Saver, rattle can style? Do I need to prep in anyway?
imag0180.jpg   imag0183.jpg  
Doetsch Tech 8000 Shocks
Hack N Tap
Ford 19lb EV6 Injectors
C8.25 Axle Swap
MonstaLiner Interior
Everything Else Stock
[/CENTER]
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #2334
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Yes, we're going to stock one with the pressure gauge as they also come without as in in my pics of of my crazy spray setup.

By the way, this gun shows how different Schutz guns can be. This one has no front extension and a good adjustment at the tip. This is a WALCOM gun which we stock now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
i used about 40# of pressure with this gun.

this is the cheater valve magnetman is talking about. it's easy to use and makes the job alot easier than having one on the compressor. you simply pull the black thing up turn to increase or decrease the working pressure.
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #2335
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
Damn these sales!! Everything goes on sale once you buy it... never fails.. Anyway..
Bling Bling Axle.
This is just the first coat.. 2nd and maybe 3rd to come later.
Brakes are getting replaced as to why they looked that way.
A few post up is the original way the axle looked.

Some advice when using chassis saver...

Dont get it on your skin..
A little bit goes a long long way..

Question though:
It is possible to paint right over Chassis Saver, rattle can style? Do I need to prep in anyway?
Yes just scuff over the surface with 120 or 180 grit if waiting longer than 24 hrs past final coat. Rattle can is fine or a Rustoleum type black oil base enamel from a can.
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #2336
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I thought most guns have those. I know our cheap hvlp gun does. I love how working pressure at the tank is always greater than the working pressure of the gun.
like i said it was an el-cheapo gun i anticipated only using once. i bought an entire kit : shutz gun, paint spray gun, tire pressure gauge, a straight blow type gun, and 25 feet of coily hose for $40 bux (yeah it was all cheap). i hunted around and cannibalized the pressure regulator from my dads roofing nailer. now that i have used monstaliner, i will be buying a better gun, i forsee everything i own being coated in monstaliner, i wonder how well it would work to paint my house in.

Unread 11-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #2337
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yes just scuff over the surface with 120 or 180 grit if waiting longer than 24 hrs past final coat. Rattle can is fine or a Rustoleum type black oil base enamel from a can.
I will be painting some color of a Rustoleum... not sure how crazy Im going to get yet

Does anything need to be done between coats of Chassis Saver? I did the first coat but I will not be able to get to the 2nd coat until the weekend..
Doetsch Tech 8000 Shocks
Hack N Tap
Ford 19lb EV6 Injectors
C8.25 Axle Swap
MonstaLiner Interior
Everything Else Stock
[/CENTER]
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #2338
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
I will be painting some color of a Rustoleum... not sure how crazy Im going to get yet

Does anything need to be done between coats of Chassis Saver? I did the first coat but I will not be able to get to the 2nd coat until the weekend..
Same scuffing if waiting more than 24 hrs
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #2339
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
like i said it was an el-cheapo gun i anticipated only using once. i bought an entire kit : shutz gun, paint spray gun, tire pressure gauge, a straight blow type gun, and 25 feet of coily hose for $40 bux (yeah it was all cheap). i hunted around and cannibalized the pressure regulator from my dads roofing nailer. now that i have used monstaliner, i will be buying a better gun, i forsee everything i own being coated in monstaliner, i wonder how well it would work to paint my house in.
I added a bunch of new testimonials to the Monstaliner web site. You said that about your house in your email and I used it.
Unread 11-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #2340
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Same scuffing if waiting more than 24 hrs
Thanks for the great product and customer service!! I cant wait for the Sale to start! 2 Gallons here I come!! Chassis saver can be used anywhere!!

Going to do the Jeep interior just to be safe.. already have MonstaLiner waiting to go in next!
Doetsch Tech 8000 Shocks
Hack N Tap
Ford 19lb EV6 Injectors
C8.25 Axle Swap
MonstaLiner Interior
Everything Else Stock
[/CENTER]

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.