Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 155 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #2311
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How will this stuff hold up on the inside of my military trailer? I would do about 2 coats.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #2312
MarkF

Eric - I also have a full set of TJ flares
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #2313
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
How will this stuff hold up on the inside of my military trailer? I would do about 2 coats.
Should be no problem. What kind of trailer? Give some more info.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #2314
doggie
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I did the inside of my steel trailer tub a few months back - so far so great. You need two coats. I also used the chassis saver under it. Used 3/4 quart chassis saver (2 coats) and 3/4 gallon monstaliner (2 coats).

The trailer is a 6x4 Bantam style.

check it out:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/c...my-yj-1116559/

you can also cut and paste the url below into your browser for more info.

Unread 11-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #2315
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Its a m416 military trailer im hoping to get today or tommorow. He said its got some pinholes from the sandblasting? What does that mean?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #2316
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Its a m416 military trailer im hoping to get today or tommorow. He said its got some pinholes from the sandblasting? What does that mean?
Prob meaning it has some small holes rusted through the trailer. If you have a welder and some flat copper you can put the copper under the holes and it will strike and arc to weld but the weld will not stick to the copper, it will just fill in the hole. If it's larger holes I would weld in replacement metal.
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #2317
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I was wondering if I should get this C8.25 axle I picked up sandblasted before applying Chassis Saver?

Its just surface rust.. I hit it with sandpaper and a wire wheel.. not much happened.. I didn't spend a lot of time on it yet...

I will be replacing the Drum Brake covers.. not even going to bother with them.

Local sandblasting guy wants 100.00 to do it..
sam_1088.jpg   sam_1090.jpg   sam_1087.jpg  
Doetsch Tech 8000 Shocks
Hack N Tap
Ford 19lb EV6 Injectors
C8.25 Axle Swap
MonstaLiner Interior
Everything Else Stock
[/CENTER]
NxtGenCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #2318
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
I was wondering if I should get this C8.25 axle I picked up sandblasted before applying Chassis Saver?

Its just surface rust.. I hit it with sandpaper and a wire wheel.. not much happened.. I didn't spend a lot of time on it yet...

I will be replacing the Drum Brake covers.. not even going to bother with them.

Local sandblasting guy wants 100.00 to do it..
My personal opinion would be to save the $100

Hand scrape that grease I see and then pressure wash with degreaser to clean it all well. Wire brush all to remove any loose rust, let it all dry 24 hours, then coat with Chassis Saver

On the other hand if you have the extra $100 to spend you will have a nicer uniform surface to coat with Chassis Saver.

Choice is: Cheap and not so smooth vs $100, smooth and prettier
Unread 11-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #2319
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok Quick Question, I will be painting my chassis this weekend with Chassis Saver on a freshly sandblasted and cleaned frame. Will I get good results from brushing it on or should I spray it? If Brushing should I use any special type of brush? (I picked up a cheaper HF gravity feed gun a while back and have not used it yet.)
Thanks.
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #2320
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims-87YJ View Post
Ok Quick Question, I will be painting my chassis this weekend with Chassis Saver on a freshly sandblasted and cleaned frame. Will I get good results from brushing it on or should I spray it? If Brushing should I use any special type of brush? (I picked up a cheaper HF gravity feed gun a while back and have not used it yet.)
Thanks.
If you're using the gloss black, that stuff flows with virtually no brush marks. Best results honestly using a throw away black foam brush. Add 5% reducer to make it flow even better. Do not brush apply coats heavy or it can cure with bubbles.

Try a small spot like that and see what it looks like.

If you do decide to spray and don't have our S8 Reducer you need to use Xylol/Xylene to reduce. Use NO Lac Thinner anywhere near Chassis Saver. And if ever you have a spray gun that was previously cleaned with LT, flush it first with your reducing solvent and discard what comes out of gun
Unread 11-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #2321
speedde423

Is there any difference, protection wise, between the different colors of Chassis Saver? It mentions on the website about the aluminum flake filling in pits in the silver-aluminum, and wondered if that made a difference.

I was thinking about coating the underside and frame of my pickup with it next summer. The truck is silver, so if I get that far I'm hoping the colors aren't too dissimilar.
speedde423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #2322
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedde423 View Post
Is there any difference, protection wise, between the different colors of Chassis Saver? It mentions on the website about the aluminum flake filling in pits in the silver-aluminum, and wondered if that made a difference.

I was thinking about coating the underside and frame of my pickup with it next summer. The truck is silver, so if I get that far I'm hoping the colors aren't too dissimilar.
They all stop rust. I love the silver because it does not change appearance in the sun and yes it is filled with aluminum flake so it has fill properties where black does not.

It looks aluminum. And besides, how can you see the top and bottom of your truck at the same time? It actually looks great on a frame. Different.

You'll see more of it in videos soon. Or look here, bottom of page. 9" Ford Rear end & utility trailer.
How to Stop Rust with Chassis Saver
Unread 11-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #2323
speedde423

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
They all stop rust. I love the silver because it does not change appearance in the sun and yes it is filled with aluminum flake so it has fill properties where black does not.

It looks aluminum. And besides, how can you see the top and bottom of your truck at the same time? It actually looks great on a frame. Different.

You'll see more of it in videos soon. Or look here, bottom of page. 9" Ford Rear end & utility trailer.
How to Stop Rust with Chassis Saver
Only part I'd really be able to see are the wheel wells. Probably thinking about that too much. The frame does need a bit of work, so it sounds like the aluminum would be the better choice.

I really should have paid attention to the MSDS earlier, would have explained what I asked. And looking back I may have come off sounding worse than I intended. Sorry about that.

I'll look forward to seeing more about it. And now I just have to figure out what I could try it on without tearing the truck apart.
speedde423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #2324
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Breaker_5 U R a comedian!

You guys can't be expected to know all this stuff yet. That's why I am hanging out here. I'll be working all day tomorrow and Saturday to try and square away the tintable formula.

Also for everyone's info, I have signed up as a vendor at the Pirate to try and get some more business going. This should be interesting so wish me luck. I'm starting a vendor thread there over the weekend.
My god... you thought I was rough on you here when you first came aboard.... Pirate should REALLY be interesting! Nah, I think you've earned your credibility, Monstaliner and to an extent Chassis Saver are starting to be relatively well known and certainly well talked about in the Jeep community.

So my next project is starting, YJ tub on CJ frame, and your stuff is gonna be all over the thing. Hints on spraying the bottom with Chassis Saver and Monstaliner will be appreciated. I liked the texture from rolling so that's what the inside of the tub gets, but I want really good sealing on the bottom as the project vehicle will wind up in the US Virgin Islands... and I want it to be rust free for 20 years or more. Fortunately the YJ tub is in very good shape, and the CJ frame will be well cleaned and blasted if needed.

Hints on reducing for spraying?
Hints on what to spray each product with?

I'm thinking aluminum CS for frame, Gloss black CS with ML topcoat for the tub. Probably order tomorrow or Monday...

What, 2 gallon kit with some extra rollers and a quart aluminum CS, 2 quarts black CS? ... I still wish you had Monstaliner available in quarts for smaller jobs....

BY the way... CJ Copper Metallic would be a nice color for ML....

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #2325
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

In a few weeks we will have quarts available in black Monstaliner.

The kit will include a 1 Quart can of liner filled short to 28 ounces and the catalyst will be packed in a 4 ounce foil pouch
that you will cut the corner and squeeze the contents into the quart.

Tools will be included.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Regards to all
MagnetMan
I'll be glad to get some of these....

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.