Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 153 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #2281
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
Just wait until the colors come out. I know a bunch of us are holding out for them including me.
i only bought a gallon kit of black just to get my frame and underbody coated so i could get them back together b4 winter. i fully plan on getting od green to second coat the interior and get 2 good coats on the exterior of my yj. i have a buddy from this forum that is also a member of p4x4 he says it's a whole diff world over there. (in a whisper voice) they can swear over there.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #2282
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
What did those 2 quarts cost you?
I think about 50 bucks. But they will last me a long time and cover many projects.

TIP: Go to Lowe's and get some of those little plastic paint can lips that snap onto an open can. It really helps to keep things neat. You also don't get the primer dripped over the directions, which helps the next time you want to go back and use it again.
DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #2283
jgrantmarshall
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looking to line 2 YJ tubs at the same time & share expenses. What do you guys recommend? I'm thinking 1 kit and buy extra rollers, etc. locally. How much extra Monstaliner should we pick up?

Or do you think we should just buy 2 kits?
jgrantmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #2284
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrantmarshall View Post
Looking to line 2 YJ tubs at the same time & share expenses. What do you guys recommend? I'm thinking 1 kit and buy extra rollers, etc. locally. How much extra Monstaliner should we pick up?

There is a post of how the Monstaliner comes out a little ways back using different rollers. The roller that comes with the kit works the best IMO. I'd stick with what works and not experiment or cut corners.
Unread 11-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #2285
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrantmarshall View Post

Do the math. Try a 2 gallon kit with some extra rollers and an extra roller handle.

2 x 1 gl kit = $268

1 x 2 gl kit + 3 rollers & extra handle = $251.86 (6 rollers total)
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #2286
slafferty
2000 TJ Wrangler 

how long does it take to get the smell out? Mines been airing out since sunday.
'00 TJ, 4.0, nv3550 spd, E-lockers Front and Rear, 4.88 gears. Homebuilt Bumpers/ tube doors.. Homebuilt Long Arm in the making... 35 inch MT-R's ordered[QUOTE=RUBtjICON;9622056]If you arent scratching it, you arent trying hard enough :tea:[/QUOTE]

[U][I][B]MY BUILD THREAD[/B][/I][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
slafferty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #2287
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

mine spent about 2-3 weeks outside after coating it and after i brought it back inside i couldn't notice any smell unless i got right up close to the coating. it has been in my basement for about 2 weeks now and still hasn't accumulated any smell at all. maybe just leave it out in the elements for a couple weeks.

5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
Unread 11-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #2288
XJelvis
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slafferty View Post
I had mine completely airing out for a month and then another month with doors off or windows open most of the time. You still smell the Monstaliner whenever you hop in. It's not as strong as the first day, but the scent is there.
XJelvis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #2289
sandandson
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I aired mine out for almost a week. And by airing it out, I mean I left everything pulled out of the way with zipties, no seats; just straight up pushed it outside for a good five days.

Even after I put the seats back in and let it air out for a few more days, it still had a smell for a few weeks. It's gone now, and I painted back this summer.
sandandson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #2290
jgrantmarshall
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Do the math. Try a 2 gallon kit with some extra rollers and an extra roller handle.

2 x 1 gl kit = $268

1 x 2 gl kit + 3 rollers & extra handle = $251.86 (6 rollers total)
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Guys! Placed my order... hopefully will have good weather for Thanksgiving!
jgrantmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #2291
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandandson View Post
I aired mine out for almost a week. And by airing it out, I mean I left everything pulled out of the way with zipties, no seats; just straight up pushed it outside for a good five days.

Even after I put the seats back in and let it air out for a few more days, it still had a smell for a few weeks. It's gone now, and I painted back this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJelvis View Post
I had mine completely airing out for a month and then another month with doors off or windows open most of the time. You still smell the Monstaliner whenever you hop in. It's not as strong as the first day, but the scent is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
mine spent about 2-3 weeks outside after coating it and after i brought it back inside i couldn't notice any smell unless i got right up close to the coating. it has been in my basement for about 2 weeks now and still hasn't accumulated any smell at all. maybe just leave it out in the elements for a couple weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slafferty View Post
The solvent in Monstaliner evaporates very slowly compared to typical solvents used in automotive paints and other paint type bedliners.
The main reason we chose to use this solvent is because its flash point is high meaning that the flammability is very low compared
to other solvents. This is a safety feature of the product and it is much less dangerous to use considering the fact that people are using it in garages.

This slow evaporation rate is the main reason why the odor tends to linger for a longer period of time.

I need some feedback from you guys.

1) How much time did you wait between coats?

2) If you can recall, What was the approximate temperature on the day you installed the coating?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #2292
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

as you know mine was sprayed on so i imagine my coats were slightly to moderately thinner than being rolled on. the air temp was about 65-70 very low humidity. i applied the coats about 3-4 hours apart, as soon as i could touch the coating and it didn't wanna stay attached to me as a permanent reminder of the color of the under side of my jeep. but like in my application it was completely open air, and completely exposed to all moving air.

i had it setting on block when it was painted but this is exactly where it was painted and how it was sitting. also if you remember magnet i did have to add alot of M.E.K. to the liner to get it to spray through my crappy coating gun, that could have had a huge impact on the speed of evaporation of the "factory" solvents originally in there. that's a good possibility why some of us have had faster "no smell" coatings than others. we added solvents for one reason or another in turn altering the end result slightly.

Unread 11-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #2293
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I waited probably 45 minutes or so from the first coat to the second coat

2) If you can recall, What was the approximate temperature on the day you installed the coating?

HOT! It was roughly 89-90* outside with a relative humidity of about 75%
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #2294
Made

1st and 2nd: 12 hours
2nd and 3rd: 6 hours

Approximately 75-80°
Made is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #2295
southernss
1998 TJ Wrangler 

just ordered the 2 gallon kit to do my truck bed. i have a short bed pick up so if there is enough left over i will be doing the bed of the jeep.
southernss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.