Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #2266
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

OK, they are using a medium grit blast media for the frame. So if I clean it thoroughly the chassis saver can be directly applied to the bare metal? And then top coat for UV protection from fading.

Just want to make sure because I only want to do this once. Thanks

1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #2267
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims-87YJ View Post
OK, they are using a medium grit blast media for the frame. So if I clean it thoroughly the chassis saver can be directly applied to the bare metal? And then top coat for UV protection from fading.

Just want to make sure because I only want to do this once. Thanks
Chassis Saver requires no top coat. Unlike Por15 it's 100% UV resistant.
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #2268
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

it seems that most of us on this thread have become magnet man's first guru's. most of us can answer his questions without him needing to.

and yes it requires no uv protectant and that stuff is serious, it bends with the steel to a point instead of chipping off. it's like powder coating whatever you paint in an aluminum shell.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #2269
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
it seems that most of us on this thread have become magnet man's first guru's. most of us can answer his questions without him needing to.

and yes it requires no uv protectant and that stuff is serious, it bends with the steel to a point instead of chipping off. it's like powder coating whatever you paint in an aluminum shell.
It is like powder coating, I've dropped pieces from a pretty good height without any chips or scratches.

From reading up on this and POR15, if POR15 chips moisture can actually get under the POR15 coating and start rusting the coated panel inside of the coating. Chassis Saver from what I've read, this doesn't happen. It's a great product and I'll continue to use it.
Unread 11-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #2270
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

dit dit dit !

5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
Unread 11-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #2271
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok Then I am ordering a Quart! Thanks
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #2272
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamillyCJ7 View Post
Chassis Saver requires no top coat. Unlike Por15 it's 100% UV resistant.
THIS IS WRONG. Chassis Saver is NOT UV STABLE. It does require a topcoat to retain a fresh appearance.

Monstaliner is 100% UV permanent. In the future we will be working on a UV permanent topcoat product like Chassis Saver.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #2273
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

magnet is the teacher and we were the kids sleeping in class. he just gave us a virtual ruler across the knuckles.

Unread 11-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #2274
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
THIS IS WRONG. Chassis Saver is NOT UV STABLE. It does require a topcoat to retain a fresh appearance.

Monstaliner is 100% UV permanent. In the future we will be working on a UV permanent topcoat product like Chassis Saver.
Thanks for correcting that. I was under the impression that the Chassis Saver was UV resistant. I might have been reading the Monstaliner brochure and got the two mixed up. Sorry about that.
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #2275
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamillyCJ7 View Post
Thanks for correcting that. I was under the impression that the Chassis Saver was UV resistant. I might have been reading the Monstaliner brochure and got the two mixed up. Sorry about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
magnet is the teacher and we were the kids sleeping in class. he just gave us a virtual ruler across the knuckles.
Breaker_5 U R a comedian!

You guys can't be expected to know all this stuff yet. That's why I am hanging out here. I'll be working all day tomorrow and Saturday to try and square away the tintable formula.

Also for everyone's info, I have signed up as a vendor at the Pirate to try and get some more business going. This should be interesting so wish me luck. I'm starting a vendor thread there over the weekend.
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #2276
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like fun. Good luck with Pirate. If you would like, you can copy my pics or tips from my install thread, but I wouldn't suggest linking to JF. Some of them don't really like us that much.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #2277
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Sounds like fun. Good luck with Pirate. If you would like, you can copy my pics or tips from my install thread, but I wouldn't suggest linking to JF. Some of them don't really like us that much.
I'm going to start slowly over there and I will mention the threads over here when the time is right. People will come over here to look if they are interested in knowing more. This is the largest single vendor thread on JF. I looked at the big ones on Pirate and some are larger but they have been going since 2004 or 2007. We got over 70K views and 2200 posts in just 1 year on JF. I'm still blown away every time I think about it.
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #2278
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Very true. The members of Pirate also seem to highly respect the vendors over there. They pay a lot of money, and I think the members there respect anyone who supports the site. With your kind of customer service, I expect everything to go smoothly.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #2279
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Very true. The members of Pirate also seem to highly respect the vendors over there. They pay a lot of money, and I think the members there respect anyone who supports the site. With your kind of customer service, I expect everything to go smoothly.
We've sold over 400 kits at monstaliner.com primarily because of this forum.

Thank you everyone here!
Unread 11-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #2280
MarkF

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
We've sold over 400 kits at monstaliner.com primarily because of this forum.

Thank you everyone here!
Just wait until the colors come out. I know a bunch of us are holding out for them including me.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.