Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 12-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #211
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super D View Post
Any news on when the other colors are going to be available yet?
x2
I also want to know if anyone has sprayed yet. Magnet Man?

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #212
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No word as of yet
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #213
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Very interesting product, looks intriguing. A few questions, already have herculiner on my jeep, not too happy about the fading but i got it on a half off sale for like 50 so i'm not too sore about any kind of imperfections it has. But This looks like its good for a few other projects i'm doing. How well does it clean? right now a problem with herculiner is it is a little too rough and holds the dirt, like a simple hose doesn't get it all, how would this do for spraying off sand with a simple hose? With my dad, we turned a 1956 ponatic that was going to be a parts car for his nice one, into a 4wd tow rig/beach rig and want to bedline the floor in it, and it would see a lot of beach and sand and would be interested in how well you can clean it with a simple hose.

We also are going to redo the floor in our boat (carpeted wood ) and want to put a bed liner on it too, but most seem like they would not be too pleasent on bare feet walking on it, like herculiner since it is rough. How does it feel to bare skin or bare feet? it looks kind of smooth, would you slip walking on it wet and barefoot? or is it just rough enough to not slip? and can it be applied to wood, if not what about painting the wood with a few layers of paint first then this?

OH yeah, and interested in colors, probably teal, gray, or maybe white any idea when colors are going to be available or if they can be custom chosen?

Thanks for any info!
Unread 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #214
Justhack
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Magnet,

Has your company come up with smaller kits sizes yet. I Herculined my tub over the summer and I am very happy with it. Now my next product is to "line" the grill, fenders, and rocker panels below the door. I don't have enough Herculiner to finish the job, so I will have to buy a new product. After reading this thread I am very impressed. I would love to try the monster liner out as the texture seems better suited for the outside of the jeep. But I only need a gallon or so.

So my Questions.

Do you sell a gallon kit?

Have you had anyone apply it to the outside of a jeep yet?

Will it stand up on outside of the jeep?

Thanks,

Justhack
Justhack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #215
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Very interesting product, looks intriguing. A few questions, already have herculiner on my jeep, not too happy about the fading but i got it on a half off sale for like 50 so i'm not too sore about any kind of imperfections it has. But This looks like its good for a few other projects i'm doing. How well does it clean? right now a problem with herculiner is it is a little too rough and holds the dirt, like a simple hose doesn't get it all, how would this do for spraying off sand with a simple hose? With my dad, we turned a 1956 ponatic that was going to be a parts car for his nice one, into a 4wd tow rig/beach rig and want to bedline the floor in it, and it would see a lot of beach and sand and would be interested in how well you can clean it with a simple hose.

We also are going to redo the floor in our boat (carpeted wood ) and want to put a bed liner on it too, but most seem like they would not be too pleasent on bare feet walking on it, like herculiner since it is rough. How does it feel to bare skin or bare feet? it looks kind of smooth, would you slip walking on it wet and barefoot? or is it just rough enough to not slip? and can it be applied to wood, if not what about painting the wood with a few layers of paint first then this?

OH yeah, and interested in colors, probably teal, gray, or maybe white any idea when colors are going to be available or if they can be custom chosen?

Thanks for any info!
My experiance with the stuff is that it cleans very well. Even with the texture, it has a pretty smooth surface, and is not rough at all. Wet and barefoot, that is a situation I have no idea of. I would say it won't be as tiles, but not as good as carpet. I would say more around polyurethaned wood surface. Just enough stick, but could be slippery at times.

I can tell you right now that there is no prep needed for wood. I coated a wooden center console with it, with no ill effects (no prep).

Colors, oh beautiful colors. There is no word on colors as of yet. All we know is that they will be more.

Price: Well... if you are worried about price, they will be offering a kit more like hurculiner with smaller rubber crumb for a smoother finish. That is supposed to be like $70 per gallon. If you follow the link in ULTIMATE CC's sig, you can buy a 1 gallon can of the regular stuff for $120 per gallon, or the 2 gallon kit for $220 iirc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhack View Post
Magnet,

Has your company come up with smaller kits sizes yet. I Herculined my tub over the summer and I am very happy with it. Now my next product is to "line" the grill, fenders, and rocker panels below the door. I don't have enough Herculiner to finish the job, so I will have to buy a new product. After reading this thread I am very impressed. I would love to try the monster liner out as the texture seems better suited for the outside of the jeep. But I only need a gallon or so.

So my Questions.

Do you sell a gallon kit?

Have you had anyone apply it to the outside of a jeep yet?

Will it stand up on outside of the jeep?

Thanks,

Justhack
For this question.... you can buy just 1 gallon. I am telling you that 1 gallon can probably get 2 full thick coats on the entire outside. What you want to do will probably only take 1/2 can. I keep saying that if it were sprayed, you could probably make it as smooth as glass. Since this was designed for the bed of a truck, and is UV protected, it should hold up very well on the outside.

Ultamate, weren't you planning on doing the outside of that cherokee?
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 12-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #216
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

yea we are going to but just haven't had time, works been crazy busy
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #217
Justhack
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks appreciate the answers I think I will be going with Monstaliner for the outside in the spring. I am assuming it is still the same prep as if done on the inside right?
Justhack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #218
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhack View Post
thanks appreciate the answers I think I will be going with Monstaliner for the outside in the spring. I am assuming it is still the same prep as if done on the inside right?
It is the same prep work pretty much. Monstaliner is pretty awesome stuff, and if you have a garage, I would recomend doing the coating on a rainy day. The higher humidity helps accelerate the cure time.

Linky Time; My Monstaliner Complete Install: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ite-up-901675/
Unread 12-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #219
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Updates?
Unread 12-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #220
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Updates?
x2, I want to hear about sprayablity, and tints. I really don't need the tints, but we are cleaning up a trailer, and this is out paint plan.
Unread 12-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #221
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Anybody want to drop him an email or call him?
Unread 12-26-2009, 02:56 AM   #222
PowerAdder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just ordered a gallon, looking forward to this
PowerAdder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #223
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have asked about 5 times now WHEN the promised "Special Pricing for the forum" and WHEN the "Kits sized more appropriately for the Jeep" will be available. I also asked about sprayable and got a bunch of heming and hawing.

No Answers.

I was getting interested in this stuff, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna order a 2 gallon kit, or pay way more than half a kit's cost for a gallon of just the liner. Maybe my original take on guys whose first post is "Hey I got this kickass stuff, buy some!" was correct... fly by night blowhard?

Magnetman, gat your *** in gear, give us the special sizes and kits you've promised over and over, and get some solid answers on spraying.

FWIW... I could easily edit your website to show the new pricing and kit sizes in about 10 minutes.
Is it harder for your webmaster? Or do you not actually have the ability to 'get it done' that you've been claiming since you got on this board?

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #224
andito77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
... but I'll be damned if I'm gonna order a 2 gallon kit, or pay way more than half a kit's cost for a gallon of just the liner. Maybe my original take on guys whose first post is "Hey I got this kickass stuff, buy some!" was correct... fly by night blowhard?
Then don't order it. If $20-$50 is enough to stop you from making a completely unnecessary, but cool modification to your Jeep...Then you might want to leave it stock, or re-evaluate your finances. I doubt anyone is waiting for your approval to buy this or any other product advertised on this site that you criticize.

Last edited by andito77; 01-03-2010 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: add info
andito77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #225
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

Here's mine

Mine went in well- not trail tested yet, as I am undriveable.
Used one gallon of Monstaliner, gave me two good coats in the entire tub, as one was not adequate coverage.

The only thing that would help- as far as application is concerned- would be a 2" roller. From the top of the rear fenderwell to the top of the tub is a beotch with the 3" roller or the brush. Just sayin.
84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.