Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 148 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #2206
tractor1
old dog

1979 CJ5 

I would get kit now but Im waiting for the color.(Orange or Red) So how long do You think I need to wait

tractor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 04:10 PM   #2207
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor1 View Post
I would get kit now but Im waiting for the color.(Orange or Red) So how long do You think I need to wait
If you look at the page before this he is running a promo where if you buy a kit today you get 2 quarts of free Chassis Saver. It says you can specify a color.
Unread 10-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #2208
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamillyCJ7 View Post
If you look at the page before this he is running a promo where if you buy a kit today you get 2 quarts of free Chassis Saver. It says you can specify a color.
i believe the color is referring to the chassis saver, not the monstaliner.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #2209
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well... I'm done. For better or worse I'm done. No pictures because I'm too damn tired.

For the hidden areas, I coated everything with a flat foam brush. This was because all of these area are either hard to reach or have to mate up against another surface. So the roller was not practical. This was a lot more work and a lot harder to do. I am now fully convinced that there is no way to lay down a consistent flat coat. I don't know how the colorized version will work, but it doesn't work on the black.

However, the texture is so nice looking and easy to apply, I don't know why you'd try.

I am D-U-N! until next weekend when I have to mount everything.
DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #2210
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Jeep View Post
Well... I'm done. For better or worse I'm done. No pictures because I'm too damn tired.

For the hidden areas, I coated everything with a flat foam brush. This was because all of these area are either hard to reach or have to mate up against another surface. So the roller was not practical. This was a lot more work and a lot harder to do. I am now fully convinced that there is no way to lay down a consistent flat coat. I don't know how the colorized version will work, but it doesn't work on the black.

However, the texture is so nice looking and easy to apply, I don't know why you'd try.

I am D-U-N! until next weekend when I have to mount everything.

So what's the deal? How does it all look?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #2211
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
So what's the deal? How does it all look?
No pictures because I was just too damn tired last night after a weekend of juggling this project, family and Halloween. I watched a movie with the kids and enjoyed some down time.

However, I have to say they look great! I did screw up a couple of places due to the poor lighting in my garage. So, here's another tip: If you are going for a cosmetic finish, you need a lot of light. It's hard to see a lot of detail when putting the black 2nd coat over the black 1st coat. I think I mentioned earlier about a huge seam on one of the panel edges. I wasn't able to clean it up well enough but luckily that part will be covered by the flare. And it's one of those things 95% of people wouldn't see anyway, even if they were looking right at it. That's another reason I love the texture, it hides mistakes! There are some other smaller mistakes but they are either hidden or unnoticable. I REALLY focused on getting the flares right since that is what most people will see right away. They look great.

I showed my wife since she is not a Jeep gal. She was worried about me putting bedliner on my expensive new parts and she would absolutely tell me if she didn't like it. So I use her as my gauge of how things look. She loved it.

I started with 5 quarts. I also got a can of reducer and a can of free Chassis Saver due to the promo. I only used 3 quarts of the Monstaliner. But I'm afraid that with the temperature dropping, I won't be able to coat anything else until spring. Which lead me to another question...

Can you apply this stuff directly onto powdercoat? I assume you would first have to scuff it up with the red scuff pad you sent with the kit. I ask because I plan to buy a front bumper and rocker guards round about springtime. I can use my last 2 quarts on those parts as well as my already installed rear bumper. Hmmm, I need to do my grill too so I'll have to supplement what I already have. We'll talk in the spring.

I think I'll end up with a serious End-Of-Days/Armageddon type rig. It'll definetly be the poster child for MetalCloak and Monstaliner.

BTW, my buddy mentioned he wanted to bedliner his truck so I gave him the promo panel you sent out. He said it would be spring before he did anything. Plus, I've enlisted him to help me install the fenders this weekend, so he'll get a good look at the stuff. Sharin' the love.
Unread 11-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #2212
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here ya go! Sneak peak for this weekend.

This reminds me. I need to start a build thread...
sneak-peak-1.jpg   sneak-peak-2.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #2213
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

They look great.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #2214
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Jeep View Post
Here ya go! Sneak peak for this weekend.

This reminds me. I need to start a build thread...
That looks awesome. I'm happy it worked out well for you.
Looking forward to seeing the installation photos!

Regards
MagnetMan
Unread 11-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #2215
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Monstaliner Black Quarts Available Soon

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

In a few weeks we will have quarts available in black Monstaliner.

The kit will include a 1 Quart can of liner filled short to 28 ounces and the catalyst will be packed in a 4 ounce foil pouch
that you will cut the corner and squeeze the contents into the quart.

Tools will be included.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Regards to all
MagnetMan
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #2216
tangotag
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quart kits are a great idea for DIY projects like bumpers, sliders, armor coating the grill.
tangotag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #2217
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

And touch-ups ( if you ever actually NEED one)
Great idea on the quarts.
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #2218
spreadneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i ordered my gallon kit with exrta chassis saver and rollers. i appreciate the free quart and also the free shipping. what is the eta on s&h? also what is the minimal temperature recommended for applying the liner? i am in south mississippi and it is still in the 70s here..
spreadneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #2219
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadneck View Post
i ordered my gallon kit with exrta chassis saver and rollers. i appreciate the free quart and also the free shipping. what is the eta on s&h? also what is the minimal temperature recommended for applying the liner? i am in south mississippi and it is still in the 70s here..
Thanks for your business!
Your order will ship tomorrow. Minimum temp is 50 - 55 deg.

There was only the 1 free quart of Chassis Saver on your order + extra roller and handle with 1 Gal Monstaliner kit. Is this correct?
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #2220
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
And touch-ups ( if you ever actually NEED one)
Great idea on the quarts.
Is that a Ninja with a cupcake?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.