Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 146 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #2176
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Would the tintable Monstaliner be ok for say.... coil springs? Or would they flex too much and cause it to crack??

Unread 10-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #2177
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Would the tintable Monstaliner be ok for say.... coil springs? Or would they flex too much and cause it to crack??
It's flexible but I don't think it is flexible enough for coil springs. This is my opinion without testing it.

Throughout the product development we tested softer, more flexible versions but we always had problems with abrasion resistance.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #2178
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Glad the colors are finally coming out soon! Can't wait to get started painting the body. I think I'll have the first Jeep coated inside and out with monstaliner
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #2179
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamillyCJ7 View Post
I think I'll have the first Jeep coated inside and out with monstaliner
Not if my latest eBay Tonka purchase arrives soon
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #2180
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This is my plan, to do both the inside and outside once the colors come out. I already have it on the inside. and I tell you it is an amazing product! very nice results.
bernm8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #2181
apfroggy0408
1982 CJ7 

Not trying to come off rude or anything but serious question. Why should I buy this over upol raptor liner?
apfroggy0408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #2182
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apfroggy0408 View Post
Not trying to come off rude or anything but serious question. Why should I buy this over upol raptor liner?
I'm glad you asked this.

Raptor is just a puffed up black automotive urethane which allows you to get a texture when sprayed with an undercoat gun.
Raptor is 55% solids vs Monstaliner 70% solids which means you are getting at least 27% greater film thickness with
Monstaliner and that's only if you spread them the same distance.

Since Monstaliner is generally rolled vs sprayed you will always get a much thicker coating and Monstaliner is heavily
reinforced with 60,000 psi crush strength ceramic which resists abrasion and impact like no other coating designed as a bed liner.

Also, the texture you can get by rolling Monstaliner looks so close to spray that you can save the grief of doing all the
masking to protect from your rig overspray.

And lastly, I'm still having trouble finding some forum on the internet where the inventor of Raptor is available to answer
hundreds of technical questions any day of the week.
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #2183
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

aaaaaaaand, It won't fade!!
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #2184
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Not if my latest eBay Tonka purchase arrives soon
Lol... Love the older flat fenders. One day I'll have enough money to work on my CJ2A.
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #2185
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apfroggy0408 View Post
And one thing Eric (Magnetman) forgot to mention is the great customer service you'll get going with Monstaliner.
Unread 10-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #2186
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to see the inside outside rigs start popping up. Especially with color. We all saw that YJ, and it looked good. As for the coils, you are just better off using the chassis saver. I think it would be a better solution.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #2187
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I can't wait to see the inside outside rigs start popping up. Especially with color. We all saw that YJ, and it looked good. As for the coils, you are just better off using the chassis saver. I think it would be a better solution.
I don't have experience with the Mostaliner YET, but have plenty with the Chassis Saver and I agree. I think it would hold up well on coils. The stuff is tough and when dried is like powder coat. Very good stuff and I can wait to get started with the Monstaliner!
Unread 10-30-2010, 10:10 PM   #2188
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Current Promo Extended thru November 14th

** For the next 24 hours, any Monstaliner kit purchased
will receive 1 EXTRA FREE QUART of Chassis Saver (2 FREE Qts Total)

Follow directions in Promo Details (see link below) for your first free quart and then
indicate in the order comments what color you want for your 2nd free quart.

Unread 10-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #2189
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna post some more in-progress pics.

First off, let me offer a piece of advice to the guys that want to coat the outside of their rigs.

DO NOT TRY TO FLAT PAINT THIS STUFF!!! Maybe someone can get it to work with a spray gun, but it just won't work with a roller or foam brush. I mean, this stuff is bedliner, not paint.

I got it in my head that I could figure out a way to flat paint it, and tried it on my first coat. I really took my time and tried very hard, but let me tell you the main reason it won't work. This stuff is thick. It's bedliner for god's sake. So you'll paint it on nice and smooth and move on to another part. But because it's so thick, it takes a while to run, and since you've moved on you won't notice.

This is not a fault of the product. I was trying to use it way outside it's manufacturer's recommended application method.

So, one quart reduced about 10% with S8 reducer was just enough to completely coat all these parts with one coat.

edit to add: if you want to try to flat paint it, skip the reducer. It might help prevent the runs. But from a guy whose tried it, I DON'T RECOMMEND IT.
1st-coat.jpg  
DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #2190
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here is the top of one of the flares that was painted while it sat flat on a bench. It looks pretty good but YOU WILL NOT be able to get rid of some lines the brush leaves. It's not bad, but the color won't be uniform. The texture will, but not the color.
flare-1st-coat.jpg  
DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.