Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #181
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I don't have any better reason then he others.. They are all equal.

Less maintenance,
Looks nicer,
More durable,
Better for water,
Get rid of carpet.

Unread 11-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #182
fullhouse

Quote:
I don't have any better reason then he others.. They are all equal.
Definitely they are, Just concern on the budget!lol
fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #183
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJSahara View Post
1. rust protection
2. no more removing wet carpets
3. no moldy smell from carpets
4. its different
5. looks good
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDEtj View Post
My opinion in no particular order:

1. Protect from rust
2. Ease of cleaning
3. make the surface more durable against abrasion
4. Enhance the look (just looks nicer)
5. Adds value to the vehicle (couldn't think of anything better)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
What are the 5 main reasons anyone puts a bedliner in their jeep?
What about noise reduction/sound dampening?
How noisy is a jeep inside when running on pavement with no carpet?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:03 PM   #184
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

A jeep can be pretty fricken noisy, especially with meaty tires, noise reduction is a good one. My list, no particular order.

1. Ease of Maintenance
2. Rust Protection (winter makes shoes salty, you can spray the underside, but people forget that the water and salt collects in the carpet, that is how mine started to get surface rust)
3. Noise Reduction
4. Better insulation in the winter (colder climates)
5. Protects the surface abrasion. My front floorboards were starting to look rough, and I have less than 20,000 miles.

As for your question about running on pavement with no carpet, I don't know of anyone that does it without a liner. The trans tunnel gets how, and I would imagine that noise from the road AND drive train comes through.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #185
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
A jeep can be pretty fricken noisy, especially with meaty tires, noise reduction is a good one. My list, no particular order.

1. Ease of Maintenance
2. Rust Protection (winter makes shoes salty, you can spray the underside, but people forget that the water and salt collects in the carpet, that is how mine started to get surface rust)
3. Noise Reduction
4. Better insulation in the winter (colder climates)
5. Protects the surface abrasion. My front floorboards were starting to look rough, and I have less than 20,000 miles.

As for your question about running on pavement with no carpet, I don't know of anyone that does it without a liner. The trans tunnel gets how, and I would imagine that noise from the road AND drive train comes through.
Most people do not put the carpet back after installing a bedliner. I would assume that the noise levels could actually be greater with just a liner installed be it Raptor, Herculiner, Monstaliner, etc.

Can anyone else please jump in here with some more opinions or real world experience?

Thanks
Magnetman
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #186
BlackMoparRubi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I run with no carpet, took it out to dry and never put it back in. Just waiting on funds to allow getting this stuff. As for noise and heat, a lot more than with just carpet in, especially the heat, I'm in Florida, so it's already hot outside, and without the carpet, the whole floor, and the trans tunnel gets very hot.
BlackMoparRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #187
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You can add as a really good plus factor when buying is a great noise and heat reducer. I know it's not that practical from insides, but it would be really nice!!

Maybe you can think about designing a take-off from a bedliner that is made specifically for inside a vehicle. I don't think many of us will be hauling too much gravel and cement in our Jeeps.
Unread 11-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #188
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
What about noise reduction/sound dampening?
How noisy is a jeep inside when running on pavement with no carpet?

I can answer this; the carpet just came out to prime and prep for whatever bedliner I go with.

1) Rust prevention
2) Water resistance
3) Ease of cleaning
4) Seal joints not sealed in factory construction (spot welded panels...)
5) NON SLIP surface!!!! When offroad, wet floors happen, and slipping is undesireable.

I didn't think that my Jeep Wrangler was particularly much louder without carpet than with. High frequency noises are definitely more noticeable, like the water hissing off the underbody when driving on wet roads, and wind noise as well. Lower frequency sound like tire rumble and exhaust noise, not really more noticeable. However, I should point out that I run a factory style muffler, NOT a noisy 'free flowing' 'performance' muffler. Carpet or no, a resonant muffler (like the Thrush Welded I took back off after 2 or 3 days) is loud and annoying inside at highway speeds.

And once again: what's the status of a smaller 'Jeep sized' kit, or one split into smaller containers for more flexible application options than all at once?

Looking forward to the spray test outcome.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #189
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

x2 for the spray tests, If I can get a hold of a shutz gun, I may use it to spray my 4'x8' trailer that is in need of some TLC

Edit: my dad and I were just talking, and we thought of something perfect for spraying. It was mentioned earlier about doing the outside. The box I coated came out almost perfectly smooth, and the roller tray came out more smooth than a baby's bottom. If someone were to spray the tintable version, it could probably make for a very smooth and durable paint job that would definitely hold up to branches and scrapes. Ready to see some new marketing for this stuff as the premier offroad paint (and... spraying 2 thinned out coats may be possible with only 1 can. Even two is a pretty cheap paintjob compared to the cost of automotive paint)
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s

Last edited by LuckRider; 11-19-2009 at 09:03 PM..
Unread 11-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #190
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What was the point of that picture?...you covered up his product with carpet.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #191
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

thaaaaaaat looks like carpet to me?

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #192
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oops, I meant to post that in Kieth's Super Awesome Life Time Givaway thread.
My mistake
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #193
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well I was looking for a liner to put down in our project K5 blazer at the shop and was debating between herculiner, U-POL and rhinoliner or lineX. There is no budget with this build but I have used the roll on herculiner in the past and was really impressed with it for the money. Then came along Monstaliner and after some discussion/research I was sold and figured we would give it a try. Check out monstaliner.com for more details about the product. The big selling point for me was the finish. I really hated how hard it was to clean the herculiner being how gritty it is. The monstaliner had a much smoother finish more like some of the spray on liners. The kit comes with everything you need and has some very detailed instructions that I highly suggest you reading if its your first time using the product. It will save you a lot of headaches and time while installing the Monstaliner. After having this stuff in our blazer for over a week now I have to say I am pretty impressed with not only the finish but the durability. I will update this thread in the future with how it last long term but I have no doubts it will be holding up great.

All photos were taken by AMCPHOTOS: more pics can be found at http://amcphotos.zenfolio.com/

ONE OF THE FIRST SHOTS WE HAVE OF THE RIG

MONSTALINER AND ULTIMATE COLLISION CENTER

ADDING THE CATALYST

MIXING

THE MIXER SUPPLIED WITH THE KIT

SCUFF THE AREA TO CREATE A NICE SURFACE FOR THE MONSTALINER TO BIND TO BUT DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY DOWN TO BARE METAL

CLEAN THE AREA

PRIMER ANY RAW METAL

POUR SOME MONSTALINER INTO THE SUPPLIED TRAY

USE A BRUSH TO GET ANY AREAS THAT WOULD BE DIFFICULT WITH THE SUPPLIED ROLLERS

USING THE SUPPLIED ROLLERS TO LAY DOWN A NICE THICK FIRST LAYER

MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER TO PUT GLOVES ON OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE WEARING MONSTALINER FOR A FEW DAYS

BEFORE

AFTER FIRST COAT BUT STILL WET

AFTER A FEW DAYS OF CURING

Last edited by UltimateCC; 11-23-2009 at 08:15 AM..
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #194
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

God those are some awesome pictures!
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #195
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks, I had my assistant take the shots for me and he didn't have access to my lighting equipment (I have been out traveling) but he did a good overall job with the shots considering they are all done under natural lighting.
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.