Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 117 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #1741
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
How do you search this thread for previous discussions on MEK?
I know I posted some detailed info
I was involved in one of those threads and I remember the conversation. I'm assuming you tried to click the search this thread link at the top right of the page with no results?

Unread 06-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #1742
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
You guys really get Humidity? I remember my Uncle was complaining about the humidity here the last time he visited (a few years ago). I don't know if he was in SA, Houston, or El Paso at the time though.
Good to have you back Luckrider. I lived in Oklahoma for 2 and a half years and they definitely have humidity! And tons of heat. I remember in the dead of summer and a breeze blows by and it's just more HOT air!
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #1743
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhouse View Post
I was involved in one of those threads and I remember the conversation. I'm assuming you tried to click the search this thread link at the top right of the page with no results?
I'm a bit overworked. I never even noticed that search option for the thread itself. I used the one at top middle. I did eventually find what I was looking for. Will try the other one next time, thanks
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #1744
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Magnetman -

Do you guys have any stickers for Monstaliner?
NxtGenCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #1745
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Vacation Notice

Just a note to anyone on the verge of ordering Monstaliner that we will be closed for vacation from July 5th through the 11th.
Will re-open on Monday July 12th.

If you need something before next weekend you should order over the weekend so we can ship on Monday-Tues next week.
If you are on the west coat I would order today if you need it before next weekend.

Current Promo is valid thru July 18th
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #1746
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
Magnetman -

Do you guys have any stickers for Monstaliner?
Yes we do. Will be mailing shortly to all customers.
Unread 06-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #1747
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Awesome. Thank you!

For the guys who did their XJ's interior, how much did you mix when you did yours?
NxtGenCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #1748
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
If you can ever sell them or send to previous customers, I would love to stick one on my Wrangler!
Unread 06-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #1749
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quick question. In the PDF directions it says if Chasis saver is used to wait 24 hours until applying Monstaliner. Will waiting until it's dry hurt adhesion?

I've done the sanding/rinsing now. Waiting for the tub to dry before I MEK and possible coat a few areas with the chassis saver. Man are my fingertips RAW
Unread 06-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #1750
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't wait that long. I waited about 3 until the curing process started then applied the monstaliner to it.

If you wait 24 hours, you'll need to roughen the chassis saver up with some light sanding.

At least that is how I read it/did it when I did mine. I had enough of sanding, so I gave it 3 hours to set, then went at it.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #1751
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Quick question. In the PDF directions it says if Chasis saver is used to wait 24 hours until applying Monstaliner. Will waiting until it's dry hurt adhesion?

I've done the sanding/rinsing now. Waiting for the tub to dry before I MEK and possible coat a few areas with the chassis saver. Man are my fingertips RAW
Listen to ericpl, he has it right
You can coat over CS in as little as 3 hours as long as it is not still sticky.

You don't want to wait more than 24 hours or you need to scuff sand it lightly.

If you are only doing spots it may be no issue to scuff the spots vs doing the whole tub and scuffing everywhere.
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #1752
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post

PS: I just checked the PDF and it says overnight not 24 hours but you probably wake up earlier than me so it could be 24 4 U
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #1753
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'll probably just wait until it's set and I can't see a fingerprint in it before I roll the Liner.
Gotta break out the tarp soon and put it over the Jeep after the first coat of liner though. Wind is kicking up some leaves. :P
Unread 06-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #1754
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

how much monstaliner do you think i will need to do rear corners, rear tube fenders, rock sliders, front and back bumper, and metal cloak arched front tube fenders? will 1 gallon do it all? I did the tub of my jeep and a bike frame and 1 gallon just did it all
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #1755
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Measure out an estimate how much square footage it equals.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.