Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 111 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #1651
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Don't forget a couple of garbage brushes. You will want something that you can throw away.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 06:54 AM   #1652
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azar View Post
LuckRider or MagnetMan,

I remember someone posted up about a roller they picked up at Lowes/Home Depot and would be good to use for the first coat. I am terrified that my foam rollers that I got from Magnet won't be enough to do my entire interior for 2 coats and want to use those only for the second coat. So where can I get a roller locally that will be good for the first coat??

Any advice before I start tomorrow? Thanks in advance!
if you look at luckrider's writeup and a few other posters as well, he makes a very good point. do the hard to reach areas(hard to reach with a roller) first real good and just roll the spots you didn't do with the brush. it saves rollers and everyone has said it covered better that way.
Unread 06-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #1653
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Ok, so I ordered my bumpers and they will be ready here in a few weeks. Still planning coating them in Chassis Saver right now.

What's going to do if it takes a good lick from a rock? Or a rock slides across it? Is it come off in a sheet or chip? You had also said something about using a metal etching stuff for a primer. Would getting a 25 grit flap wheel to it to rough it up good suffice?

I plan on getting the jet black gallon to coat both bumpers.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #1654
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I will let MagnetMan answer you fully, but I will say this. 1 Gallon would be a waste. 1 quart of chassis saver = 1 gallon of Monstaliner in terms of coverage. Heck... 1 gallon of Monstaliner would be a lot. You could probably do 1 pint and have plenty of coverage.

Be sure to no go too thick on each coat. If it is too thick, it will bubble. Do 3 or 4 coats. As for the 25 grit, that should be rough enough, but 60-80 grit is recommended in the directions. Chassis Saver IS NOT UV resistant so it will turn to a charcoal color over time.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 06-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #1655
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I will let MagnetMan answer you fully, but I will say this. 1 Gallon would be a waste. 1 quart of chassis saver = 1 gallon of Monstaliner in terms of coverage. Heck... 1 gallon of Monstaliner would be a lot. You could probably do 1 pint and have plenty of coverage.

Be sure to no go too thick on each coat. If it is too thick, it will bubble. Do 3 or 4 coats. As for the 25 grit, that should be rough enough, but 60-80 grit is recommended in the directions. Chassis Saver IS NOT UV resistant so it will turn to a charcoal color over time.
Glad you chimed in. Didn't know the Chassis Saver went that far on only a quart. And I figured it was UV resistant as well.

Well shoot, don't know what I'm going to do now. I might still coat the inside of the bumper with the Chassis Saver and rattle can the outside.

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 06-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #1656
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is what I would do. The instructions I am reading don't have information for topcoating, but it does say to sand with 400 grit if it has been 24 hours since last coat, and you must wait at least 3 hours since the previous coat.

The instructions also say that it has an abrasion resistance rating of 45in/lbs reverse impact, and 125in/lbs direct (whatever that means).
Unread 06-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #1657
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
That is what I would do. The instructions I am reading don't have information for topcoating, but it does say to sand with 400 grit if it has been 24 hours since last coat, and you must wait at least 3 hours since the previous coat.

The instructions also say that it has an abrasion resistance rating of 45in/lbs reverse impact, and 125in/lbs direct (whatever that means).
couldn't you top it with monstaliner? that wouldn't fade, right? Plus it would definitely be protected.
Unread 06-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #1658
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I just got done ripping out and roughin up my interior.. Was going to get Herculiner...

After reading alot of this forum, I am def. going to order this stuff and give it a try..

I have a Rhino linings place down the street from me and they wanted a crazy amount to do the inside.
NxtGenCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #1659
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
I just got done ripping out and roughin up my interior.. Was going to get Herculiner...

After reading alot of this forum, I am def. going to order this stuff and give it a try..

I have a Rhino linings place down the street from me and they wanted a crazy amount to do the inside.
you won't be sorry and you can use the money you save to do somethin else cool to your jeep!
Unread 06-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #1660
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhouse View Post
you won't be sorry and you can use the money you save to do somethin else cool to your jeep!
Sounds good to me! Finally get this thing on the road!
Unread 06-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #1661
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhouse View Post
couldn't you top it with monstaliner? that wouldn't fade, right? Plus it would definitely be protected.
That would work very well too. It all depends on the finish he wants. Paint would be easier to touch up if he plays in the really mean rocks (some will kill any finish).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post

You will be happy that you changed your mind. The saved money over Rhino can go elsewhere into your Jeep.
Unread 06-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #1662
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
That would work very well too. It all depends on the finish he wants. Paint would be easier to touch up if he plays in the really mean rocks (some will kill any finish).
Yea, I think I'll just rattle can the outside for now. Just for easy touch up purposes. Once I see how abused they get, I'll make a judgment on whether I want to line it or leave the rattle can.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 06-17-2010, 11:10 PM   #1663
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just make sure you give them a chance to fully cure before you abuse them. I think it takes about 1 week before Chassis Saver is fully cured.
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #1664
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

magnet...... color updates? the end of the promo is upon us, and i want so badly to get a 2 gallon kit but i want to do my military themed jeep in the proposed OD green. if the colors are not to be out soon i am going to just order a kit in black and then just rattle can it green. we were told on the 6th on luckriders other thread we would have an update on the colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Update will be on Monday. Very soon now, in final testing mode
i just do not want to miss out on this deal you are offering, however i need to get my frame and body back together. the frame is finally ready for a coating of chassis saver, and i need to monstaliner the underside of the body before i rejoin it to the frame.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #1665
NxtGenCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Where is the deal? I guess I overlooked it?

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.