Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 110 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 06-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #1636
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoopidOme View Post
magnetman, i have an unrelated question
i seen on your website for monstaliner, that the name of the company is magnet paints and shellac co, inc... so i thought you might know the answer...
is shellac made from bug guts?
i know you're a busy man but i heard this about 25 years ago and have yet, been able to get this confirmed
This is called useless trivia and is quite interesting!

Real shellac is made from fly sh*t, not guts. It's called the LAC bug and the stuff is scraped off of trees where the flies defacate. There are synthetic shellacs today as well.

Chocolate, pretzels and other food products were frequently coated with shellac as a protective coating. Don't know if that is still done today so think about this next time you bite a Hershey bar or pretzel rod!

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #1637
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So, I bought the mosterliner and installed it. I bought the 1 gallon kit. It worked out really well and looks great. I decided to apply it by using a larger paint brush and didn't use the roller at all. So basically the only thing I used from the kit was the gallon of liner and the catalyst. The reason I am saying this is because I really want to get maybe an additional half gallon and do the rollbars, but I can't justify getting another one gallon kit since all I need is a half gallon or smaller amount.
I could go to autozone and buy a quart (or two) of herculiner but I don't want to use that sh*t, I like my monsterliner.

BTW, yes I will post up pics once i figure out how to do it.
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #1638
Rynoman27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Did you get any texture?
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #1639
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, you can order just a gallon and the pint of catalyst. It is on Monstaliner's site. I believe the promo chassis saver and free shipping applies to loose gallons, is that right MagnetMan?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #1640
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
So, I bought the mosterliner and installed it. I bought the 1 gallon kit. It worked out really well and looks great. I decided to apply it by using a larger paint brush and didn't use the roller at all. So basically the only thing I used from the kit was the gallon of liner and the catalyst. The reason I am saying this is because I really want to get maybe an additional half gallon and do the rollbars, but I can't justify getting another one gallon kit since all I need is a half gallon or smaller amount.
I could go to autozone and buy a quart (or two) of herculiner but I don't want to use that sh*t, I like my monsterliner.

BTW, yes I will post up pics once i figure out how to do it.
somebody just got a touchup kit, I think it was a quart. Magnet seems to be very flexible and will sell you a size you can live with.
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #1641
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The quart should work well. I packed away 1 quart of liner for later use. I am thinking I might want to spray it on eventually. I didn't do as good a job this time, and the texture varies some. The bed area look amazing though.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #1642
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, I want one of those quarts then. Magnetman (or his boy) do you think that would be enough to do the roll bars?

When I post up pics you can see texture for yourself.
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #1643
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So now I am "his boy" It should be plenty to do the roll bars. I would only get a gallon if you were planning on doing the grill, rockers, bumpers, roll bar ect....
Unread 06-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #1644
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Haha yea you're his minion now.

For real I'm just playin', I appreciate all the help you gave me via PM's when I was installing it. I swear to god it doesn't say anywhere on the forum that there is a lever you need to pull when removing the front seats.

Thanks I'll have to get a quart then. I totally forgot to put it on my entry guards too.. How do you place an order for a quart?

My advice to everyone out there would be to get the 2 gallon kit. Once I got going I realized I want to put this stuff on EVERYTHING. BTW that chassis saver is the *****.
Unread 06-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #1645
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
Haha yea you're his minion now.

For real I'm just playin', I appreciate all the help you gave me via PM's when I was installing it. I swear to god it doesn't say anywhere on the forum that there is a lever you need to pull when removing the front seats.

Thanks I'll have to get a quart then. I totally forgot to put it on my entry guards too.. How do you place an order for a quart?

My advice to everyone out there would be to get the 2 gallon kit. Once I got going I realized I want to put this stuff on EVERYTHING. BTW that chassis saver is the *****.
call them and place the order, that's always the best and make sure you tell them you heard about it on jeep forum too! I got the two gallon kit by the way!
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #1646
Azar
1997 XJ Cherokee 

LuckRider or MagnetMan,

I remember someone posted up about a roller they picked up at Lowes/Home Depot and would be good to use for the first coat. I am terrified that my foam rollers that I got from Magnet won't be enough to do my entire interior for 2 coats and want to use those only for the second coat. So where can I get a roller locally that will be good for the first coat??

Any advice before I start tomorrow? Thanks in advance!
Azar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #1647
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That would have been me. I did use it, and it gave pretty good texture. I got it at home depot. If you do use it, make sure you cut it round with a razor blade. My dad let it follow the shape of the roller (you know how they are rolled to form the shape). It worked well and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. We did most of the tub and all of the corners with a brush first and saved the two rollers I had left for the second coat.

The best advice would be to get the real rollers... they are pretty cheap and work very well. Good luck with the project tomorrow. Take some pics. I am still running around with nothing. I have the two front seats in and the center console (gotta have the sub woofer ).
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #1648
Azar
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, okay. Do you remember what they were called or what thread you posted in? I can't find the damn post for the life of me.
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #1649
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The brand is Performance Select and all it says is 1/4" Nap Adhesive roller. I just ran to the garage and looked at it. I posted the pic of it in this thread somewhere. I will see if I can find another pic.

Here it is:
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #1650
Azar
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Righteous brother, thank you so much. Imma go buy me one of those....cut it in half and use it on the first coat.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.