Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 06-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #1606
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry I don't have time to read this thread..but for those of you that have had it for several months how is this holding up. Any chipping/flaking? Is the texture very slippery when wet or is it pretty good? Thanks

Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #1607
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had it for about 5 months without chipping or flaking. I believe I was the first forum member who put it in. It held up very well over that time until my Jeep went boom. I am getting ready to install it in my new Jeep this week actually.

It has a fairly good texture when wet. You shouldn't slip when it is wet, but it won't be holding much back from sliding. Rubber floor mats (I got a set of 4 for $20 at Advanced Auto) stick in place whether wet or dry.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #1608
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks LuckRider...I'll probably buy it within the next week or so before the promo runs out. Does it harden well?

Last edited by Jay12; 06-08-2010 at 08:22 PM..
Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #1609
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It does harden well. It takes about 1 week for a full cure, but it is good to drive after a day or so. When it gets hard, it becomes almost like a rubbery plastic. Similar to the Husky liner floor mats.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 06-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #1610
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I finished the monstaliner project last week. Im very happy with how it turned out.
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #1611
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
This is something we just learned recently. Thanks for the heads up. This will be changed shortly.
I really hope this gets changed now, this is very not good. I am plugging this product and I really hope you get this straightened out.
Unread 06-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #1612
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
Sorry I don't have time to read this thread..but for those of you that have had it for several months how is this holding up. Any chipping/flaking? Is the texture very slippery when wet or is it pretty good? Thanks
you really should take some time and at least read some of the thread, there is some awesome info there, really. It is not slippery.
Unread 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #1613
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
Thanks LuckRider...I'll probably buy it within the next week or so before the promo runs out. Does it harden well?
BTW it has been stated in this thread by magnetman that the special will run as long as people on the forum keep ordering, as evidenced by how many times it has been continued. I love that magnetman is around on this thread a good bit, but it might be better suited to get someone from magnet paints to monitor more often. Also, I had to wait a pretty good bit of time to receive my order....and not one sticker, hmmmmm, lol.
Unread 06-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #1614
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have TWO sticker

LOL... I think I do a pretty good job of keeping up with the thread... I may not be an employee, but i do a pretty goo job of keeping up with it.
Unread 06-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #1615
brodon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do you ever offer in a size smaller than the gallon kit? I am just wanting to line the floor boards of a small two seat race car i am building. The gallon would be way to much product for me.
LJ owners member #275
brodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #1616
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I have TWO sticker

LOL... I think I do a pretty good job of keeping up with the thread... I may not be an employee, but i do a pretty goo job of keeping up with it.
No doubt luckrider, I definitely appreciate ya!
Unread 06-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #1617
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Can you use a full size roller for this rather than the tiny ones (whats your recommendation/input)? Means more area covered in less time, plus ive got a ton of stuff to bedline.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #1618
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
Can you use a full size roller for this rather than the tiny ones (whats your recommendation/input)? Means more area covered in less time, plus ive got a ton of stuff to bedline.
welcome to the thread millhouse, how is bart? actually, this has been mentioned in the thread already. I don't work for magnet paints, but I would have to say first off what is your application? the rollers magnet offers are ideal for most applications, but in particular with jeep applications, the smaller rollers are ideal. actually it seems most people who brush on the areas first and then roll on have the best results, but that is with a jeep style bottom. Just do a quick search though the thread or browse a bit and you will see how most people have accomplished their expected results.
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #1619
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I have TWO sticker

I didn't get any stickers.

I DID get my touch-up kit yesterday though!!!! Gonna fix some problems I had due to MY inattention to detail in a couple of places. The kit had the liner, a small bit of catalyst in a container that appears to be one that was once used to hold old elementary school film strips (for those that remember those). PERFECT! It also had a small textured roller and a cool textured sponge which will be my preferred way of applying it. It should give me identical texture to what I have now.

One question: Do I need to scuff the area I'm touching up or apply any MEK to clean it up?
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #1620
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

MillHouse, the smaller roller is suggested, even for the full size bed of a pickup. It allows for the most consistent and thickest coverage.

erickpl, sounds like a great little kit there. I would give a little scuff and clean up before applying... that is what I did with my tiny touch up. I applied it with a mix stick though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.