Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 06-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #1591
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhouse View Post
You can use acetone in place of MEK. The problem is that herc will fade unless you added their component to protect the color. So, if you put monsta on with herc, eventually they won't match because monstaliner won't fade. Luckrider or magnet man can correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe you can put monstaliner over top of herc.
NO...Monstaliner should not be put over Herculiner. The rubber particles will swell up from the solvent in the Monstaliner and all will come off together in a mess.

Use an aggressive wire cup wheel and/or paint stripper to remove the Herculiner first.

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #1592
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Use one of these braided wire cup brushes, it will take it down to bare metal with little effort.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #1593
cadeucsb
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I finished up mine this weekend, posted the results/commentary in LuckRider's thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ml#post9585444

Pics:

Before:

After:

cadeucsb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #1594
dasmetzger
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadeucsb View Post
I finished up mine this weekend, posted the results/commentary in LuckRider's thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ml#post9585444

Pics:

Before:

After:

Looks good. I'm wondering about how long this stuff takes to roll in and dry completely..? I'm just a po' college boy lookin to save his floor...
dasmetzger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #1595
cadeucsb
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmetzger View Post
Looks good. I'm wondering about how long this stuff takes to roll in and dry completely..? I'm just a po' college boy lookin to save his floor...
Prior to yesterday, I had the jeep totally prepped and all the materials laid out in the garage and ready to go. Entered the garage around 9:30am and was done around 5:30pm with only a 1.5hr break between coats. Weather (heat and humidity) will alter how fast the liner dries...so 1.)my between coats time was very short and 2.)mine will be ready reinstall seats, etc fairly rapidly due to this
cadeucsb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #1596
dasmetzger
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadeucsb View Post
Prior to yesterday, I had the jeep totally prepped and all the materials laid out in the garage and ready to go. Entered the garage around 9:30am and was done around 5:30pm with only a 1.5hr break between coats. Weather (heat and humidity) will alter how fast the liner dries...so 1.)my between coats time was very short and 2.)mine will be ready reinstall seats, etc fairly rapidly due to this
That doesn't sound too bad at all. Guess I'll shoot magnetman an email later.
dasmetzger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #1597
Starboard M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Use one of these braided wire cup brushes, it will take it down to bare metal with little effort.

Ive tried that, just spreads it around and doesnt clean it all off. I picked up a new one, as well as a paint remover thing and Ill see if they work better. If those dont work, I will try some things others have recommended:
-Brake fluid
-Gas
-Paint stripper
-Fire

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #1598
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fire???

That's one way to take care of the liner, but you may take care of the Jeep at the same time!

I sure wouldn't recommend it after you've tried brake fluid, gas, and paint stripper!

At some point, safety has to come first (I prefer it at the beginning, personally).
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #1599
mountaineerjp
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was getting ready to order Monstaliner but you just said that you shouldn't use it over Herculiner.

If this is true then you need to change the product info page which states:

"I have Herculiner in my bed. Can I coat over it with Monstaliner?

Yes. Gently wire brush the surface to remove any loose rubber particles and embedded dirt. Wash the bed thoroughly with a water base degreaser followed by trisodium phosphate in hot water. Use a stiff scrub brush with the TSP and flush the bed thoroughly with clean water and let dry completely overnight. You are now ready to install Monstaliner.
"
1997 Sahara - 2.5"OME HD Springs and 2" BB - Bilstein 5100s - 35" BFG KM2s - Doug Thorley Header - Warn M8000 - Nates 4x4 Front & Rear Bumpers - JeepMedic Engine Skid - Shrockwork Rockers - OR-Fab Sport Cage - Ford 8.8 - 4.10s - TNT Customs 4.5" Tube Fenders in Front and Rear - Viking Soft Top - many other mods
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H. L. Mencken
mountaineerjp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #1600
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerjp View Post
I was getting ready to order Monstaliner but you just said that you shouldn't use it over Herculiner.

Yes. Gently wire brush the surface to remove any loose rubber particles and embedded dirt. Wash the bed thoroughly with a water base degreaser followed by trisodium phosphate in hot water. Use a stiff scrub brush with the TSP and flush the bed thoroughly with clean water and let dry completely overnight. You are now ready to install Monstaliner.
"
I knew I read that somewhere!
Unread 06-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #1601
Starboard M

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
Fire???

That's one way to take care of the liner, but you may take care of the Jeep at the same time!

I sure wouldn't recommend it after you've tried brake fluid, gas, and paint stripper!

At some point, safety has to come first (I prefer it at the beginning, personally).
As a good friend likes to say, Safety Third!

Fire was used to make it soft and then a putty knife to scrape it off, but with all the nooks and crevices of a Cherokee floor, Im not sure how well that would work.

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #1602
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerjp View Post

"
This is something we just learned recently. Thanks for the heads up. This will be changed shortly.
Unread 06-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #1603
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard M View Post
As a good friend likes to say, Safety Third!

Fire was used to make it soft and then a putty knife to scrape it off, but with all the nooks and crevices of a Cherokee floor, Im not sure how well that would work.
That's just a lot of work. What about a heat gun?
Unread 06-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #1604
BmrSnr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Magnetman, How's tricks? placed my order Saturday, but no word if it has shipped out can you check? thanks

John Foley - 74361
Unread 06-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #1605
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmrSnr View Post
Magnetman, How's tricks? placed my order Saturday, but no word if it has shipped out can you check? thanks

John Foley - 74361
Got your order, thanks. It's shipping tomorrow. We got swamped over the weekend.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.