Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 105 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #1561
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
I might be ordering more of the chassis saver as well. I have a front and rear steel bumper to coat with it. I now can see now that it will take some abuse.

If I get the bumpers in bare steel, is there any prep work I need to do for chassis saver besides scuff it with some like 60 grit?
No but you need to be very thorough in roughing it up. Much rougher is better than only a little rough. I'm shipping someone else an alternate bare metal primer that does not need a much scuffing to stick to bare metal. Let me know when you get bumpers if you are interested.

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #1562
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Sounds like you need to hire a small marketing/Customer Service team to help out with all of this
I've got help when I need it. Problem is that I'm the mad scientist and the writer and the graphics guy and everything is trapped in my own head or my fingers until I let it out.
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #1563
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackb911 View Post
I think I need to order some of this Chassis Saver! How much would you recommend for a TJ (frame and differentials)? Also is it phone ordering only, I didn't see where to order online.
1 Quart, go to Monstaliner.com
Click order now and Chassis Saver is sold there as well.
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #1564
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I promise. I will be at least a week. I'm working on too many projects at once.
I kinda figured, the guys are all cryin cause you're not here every minute of every day, lol.
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #1565
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhouse View Post
I kinda figured, the guys are all cryin cause you're not here every minute of every day, lol.
Anyone can call my cell # if I'm not here
516-313-7865

I'm going nuts working to complete the info for the Speed Channel commercials on Monstaliner
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:45 AM   #1566
lazebum
2001 WJ 

sorry ladies and gentlemen but i do not feel like searching 105 pages for the question so here it is

will the monster liner stick to the plastic side panels on a Grand Cherokee?
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:54 AM   #1567
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just received my small kit of Monsterliner and quart of chassis saver. I have a couple of questions before I got to town, and like the guy above me I'm not finding my answers by searching.

1. Is the 1 gallon of Monsterliner enough to do two coats of my tub and my roll bars?
2. Is it recommended to do my roll bars? If so do you have any suggestions, tips?
3. When I was removing rust I accidently went right down to the metal. Is it cool to put the chassis saver over the bare metal? should I scuff it?

Hey thanks.
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 06:30 AM   #1568
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
I just received my small kit of Monsterliner and quart of chassis saver. I have a couple of questions before I got to town, and like the guy above me I'm not finding my answers by searching.

1. Is the 1 gallon of Monsterliner enough to do two coats of my tub and my roll bars?
2. Is it recommended to do my roll bars? If so do you have any suggestions, tips?
3. When I was removing rust I accidently went right down to the metal. Is it cool to put the chassis saver over the bare metal? should I scuff it?

Hey thanks.
1. For tub AND bars, it will be close and you may end up a bit short on the cage. A lot will depend on how thick of coats you put down. I did up the cage a bit, but not all the way (only to my hilift mounting point).

2. Like I said above, I only went up part way. For the cage in front behind the seats, I went up to the tub rail. For the back, I went up only to the hilift mounting points.

3. I did too. You already scuffed the metal when sanding down to it. You COULD use a bit of self etching primer if you wanted to do so, but I applied the Chassis Saver directly to it since the patches were rather small.

Magnetman may have a different opinion though.

As far as sticking to plastic, I'd personally use Gatorback for the plastic - that is what it is meant for. I used it on my Avalanche sailpanels and 3-piece tonneau cover and it is holding color very well.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #1569
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

OKay here is a question I forgot. There is some rubber stuff around where my roll bars connect to my tub (and other places).. should i scrap this stuff up or should i Monsterline on top of it?
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #1570
bword

quick question...is there any reason why not to use the chassis saver on the tub? instead of the monstaliner
bword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #1571
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
OKay here is a question I forgot. There is some rubber stuff around where my roll bars connect to my tub (and other places).. should i scrap this stuff up or should i Monsterline on top of it?
I just gave it a light hit sandpaper and coated right over it. I know some took it out totally, but it is a seam sealer, and I didn't mind having the piece of mind knowing the seams were sealed twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bword View Post
quick question...is there any reason why not to use the chassis saver on the tub? instead of the monstaliner
Chassis Saver would be fine, but it wouldn't provide the sort of protection that Monstaliner does. It will keep the floor boards from rusting, but it fades some and I just don't see it taking the daily abuse of shoes and things being thrown (I know that is how it is in my Jeep). I am using it for the frame and sticking with the Monstaliner for the tub. This will be my second Jeep with Monstaliner.

Quote:

Hey thanks.
I know erikpl answered this, but I will also answer.

1. You will have plenty for the tub, and some for the roll bars depending on how thick you put it on. If you have the roll bar padding, I would suggest going just high enough that the rollbar padding covers the liner.

2. That is all up to you. Tips would be to just treat it like the rest of the tub. Monstaliner stays in place when laid down.

3. Just make sure the metal is scuffed so that you can apply the chassis saver. You could also prime with a self etching primer. That will dig into the metal to grab hold.

To the person asking about the plastic cladding for their Cherokee (or Grand Cherokee), clean it well with a degreaser, sand, clean again, primer with BullDog adhesion promoter, then you can line. I believe that is the steps outlined by MagnetMan.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #1572
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

No degreaser or solvent on plastic.
Please read this document
http://www.monstaliner.com/documents...ng_Plastic.pdf
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #1573
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like I substituted simple green for Sprayway.... Very sorry about that.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #1574
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Looks like I substituted simple green for Sprayway.... Very sorry about that.
I don't think simple green is a problem, it's water base
No solvent base products of any kind
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #1575
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

OK, I believe simple green uses lye, but it definitely is water based.

You said degreaser, and I think of simple green as a degreaser for how well it works on engines.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.