Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #1531
madrabbitt

Did you ever do trim-sized kits like was mentioned early on?

I was planning on spraying the cladding on my WJ with the spray on cans, although I think with the right prep time, your product may turn out better, and I can do it a color other then black.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #1532
Netrix
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Thanks, this does seem to have grown into quite a little community.

Is that matting not soft and flexible? From what I have seen on TV (never seen or felt the material personally) it looked like there was a foil type layer on the surface?
It's made of flexible rubber/asphalt mainly. It is very, very sticky. It does come with foil on the back, not sure if you can order it without the foil so it's just rubber. Would this stuff stick to rubber? The foil would probably be a bad idea. Or do you have an alternative? I know they're are liquid equivilents to get sound deadening. Not sure if they'll work with your product. I'm buying it either way, just want to know what I can do before it's set in stone... I mean Monstaliner.
Netrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #1533
SimonsTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

MagnetMan,

Here are some more pics that show more of the inside of the trailer

Let me know which ones you want
Unread 05-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #1534
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Thanks, this does seem to have grown into quite a little community.

Is that matting not soft and flexible? From what I have seen on TV (never seen or felt the material personally) it looked like there was a foil type layer on the surface?
Hey Magnet, can I use the silver-aluminum chasis saver on my 1989 rusty frame by itself or do I need to put some black on first?

thanks!
Unread 05-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #1535
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you read the description for the silver, it is actually the preferred primer. It has 2lbs of Aluminum/gallon (so 1/2 pound in every quart). The aluminum fills pits and provides and extreme barrier between the metal and moisture.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #1536
cadeucsb
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
If you read the description for the silver, it is actually the preferred primer. It has 2lbs of Aluminum/gallon (so 1/2 pound in every quart). The aluminum fills pits and provides and extreme barrier between the metal and moisture.
not sure if this was covered above (already read through the whole thread a while back and cant recall)....

Will the freebie chassis saver do most of the easily accessible portion of the frame (not taking anything apart)?
cadeucsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #1537
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Chassis Saver is supposed to cover ~60 square feet from what MagnetMan says IIRC. According to the literature I recieved, it is up to 100sq. ft. Considering the Jeep is less than 5'x20', yes, it will cover all of the frame.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #1538
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
yeah, I read the description and it sounded like that is what they were saying, that's why I asked the question to be sure. That stinks, I wanted something other than black, which is why I picked the silver-aluminum.
Unread 05-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #1539
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, I thought you were asking if you needed to put something below the Chassis Saver. Supposedly the silver will just dull a bit when exposed to UV rays. I think MagnetMan would be able to confirm/correct that. You are using it for the frame, and it would be fine as the primer and top coat.
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #1540
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh, I thought you were asking if you needed to put something below the Chassis Saver. Supposedly the silver will just dull a bit when exposed to UV rays. I think MagnetMan would be able to confirm/correct that. You are using it for the frame, and it would be fine as the primer and top coat.
All Chassis Saver colors can be applied directly over rust.
The silver differs from the other colors in that it is more corrosion resistant because of the high aluminum content and it does not change in appearance much when exposed to direct sunlight.

Use minimum of 2 coats. 3 coats is best. Do not try to build too much film thickness with less coats or it can cure with bubbles.
More thin coats are better.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 02:53 AM   #1541
Gregg00SS
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Any tips for applying this stuff without the use of a garage? I live in an Apt complex and I'm not about to borrow a friend's garage and fill it up with fumes. Living in S Florida and now being in rainy season where short afternoon showers are frequent and unpredictable, not sure what to do. I'm not planning on doing the top rails of my jeep, so should I just put all the windows on the soft top and secure it up between and after coats incase of any rain? I may run into some issues because I plan to do my door rails and if I keep the doors on there may be some contact with the liner. But figured worse case I may have to do some touch up on the rails when I know the weather will be good for a period of time.
Gregg00SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:05 AM   #1542
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
All Chassis Saver colors can be applied directly over rust.
The silver differs from the other colors in that it is more corrosion resistant because of the high aluminum content and it does not change in appearance much when exposed to direct sunlight.

Use minimum of 2 coats. 3 coats is best. Do not try to build too much film thickness with less coats or it can cure with bubbles.
More thin coats are better.
Perfect, thanks!
Unread 06-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #1543
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Monstaliner promo extended

PROMO EXTENDED THRU JUNE 20th
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #1544
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I knew it

We need to come up with a name for the next one. You know it is going to happen

Also MagnetMan, I think it would be great if you started a seperate Vendor display for Chassis Saver. I have a friend ordering some to clean up his springs and who knows what else. It looks like the Monstaliner Brand is thoroughly getting its due exposure.
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #1545
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I knew it

We need to come up with a name for the next one. You know it is going to happen

Also MagnetMan, I think it would be great if you started a seperate Vendor display for Chassis Saver. I have a friend ordering some to clean up his springs and who knows what else. It looks like the Monstaliner Brand is thoroughly getting its due exposure.
I think that's a good idea as well(maybe luckrider should be on the payroll, lol). Anytime I see someone mention frame rust of any type of liner, I mention this thread. So, it would be good to have a thread just for the chassis saver.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.