Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

DynoMax fall Ultra Flo Welded rebate is here!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Shocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #1486
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I believe that is the stuff that AlTheKiller used to remove bed liner from his tube fenders.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #1487
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I hear you. What are you going to do when you line the tub, use Acetone?

MagnetMan, this might be a good time to look into MEK alternatives for those crazy Californians.
Acetone is the only substitute you will be able to find in California. It has nothing to do with OSHA. These are EPA VOC regulations.

Use acetone to thin for spray and to clean surfaces after scuff sanding.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #1488
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
How do you have a phosphate free TSP? The name TSP stands for Tri Sodium Phosphate isn't it?
Real TSP will not remove paint. It is only a cleaner. There is what's called Substitute TSP which has no phosphates. I've tried it and it sucks.

Home Depot and Lowes in NY no longer sell real TSP but you can still find it in many other states.
Unread 05-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #1489
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Real TSP will not remove paint. It is only a cleaner. There is what's called Substitute TSP which has no phosphates. I've tried it and it sucks.

Home Depot and Lowes in NY no longer sell real TSP but you can still find it in many other states.
Seriously? I have seen the Klean Strip brand TSP at both stores, and it makes not mention on the front that it is Phosphate free.

*Hits up google.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #1490
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
I know they have this industrial type of gell that is super good at removing stuff but I don't believe you can buy it for personal use it has to be discarded all bio chemical like and what not but my friend uses it in his auto body class and it works wonders....Too bad he can't sneak me some haha I think this stripper will work alright I hope....
The good old style paint removers were made from Methylene Chloride which is a chlorinated solvent and "the" active ingredient in these products. Can you not still get this in California?
Unread 05-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #1491
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Seriously? I have seen the Klean Strip brand TSP at both stores, and it makes not mention on the front that it is Phosphate free.

*Hits up google.
It may be a regional thing like Metro New York which you are outside of. I went to Home Depot specifically looking a few weeks ago and they only had the substitute stuff.
Unread 05-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #1492
Goobersbro

Quote:
The good old style paint removers were made from Methylene Chloride which is a chlorinated solvent and "the" active ingredient in these products. Can you not still get this in California?
I don't know...I know my friend said the stuff they use is really gnarely stuff. He said you can watch it bubble up all sorts of junk and it does it quick and its super effective....He said it burns like hell if you get it on you so it has to be a descent product but I think you have to have a liscense or whatever though to either buy it or handle it
Unread 05-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #1493
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about Naval Jelly?
Tinga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #1494
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
I don't know...I know my friend said the stuff they use is really gnarely stuff. He said you can watch it bubble up all sorts of junk and it does it quick and its super effective....He said it burns like hell if you get it on you so it has to be a descent product but I think you have to have a liscense or whatever though to either buy it or handle it
That sounds like Methylene chloride remover. I've never heard of any liscence needed for that stuff but nothing that happens in California would surprise me. You can get it in any paint store here and any other state as far as I know.
Unread 05-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #1495
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Are you talking about Naval Jelly?
Naval jelly would not do what he describes regarding bubbling up of paint. It will burn your skin some. Naval jelly is thickened phosphoric acid and it's used on rust. Does not remove paint.
Unread 05-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #1496
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Does anybody know if you can still buy MEK in Maryland? I just tried to Google it, but didn't really see anything.
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #1497
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhouse View Post
Does anybody know if you can still buy MEK in Maryland? I just tried to Google it, but didn't really see anything.
You should be able to get it in MD
Try Home Depot web site
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #1498
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
You should be able to get it in MD
Try Home Depot web site
Good deal. Thanks. Placed my order yesterday!
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #1499
Starboard M

Please forgive me if this information is in this thread, but I look at the first 20 pages and the last 5 pages and didnt find anything. Also couldnt find any info on the site either.

When spraying, what PSI do you recommend?
What gun do you suggest we use, and are there any specific tips we would need for the bedliner?
What is the paint to thinner ratio you suggest with Acetone(California)?
How many coats should one do for the interior of a Jeep?
From the pictures this stuff almost looks slick. Do shoes and such grip to it, or will it be like walking on ice?
How does this stuff handle the heat of the tranny tunnel, both from issues with the product and cutting down on the heat?
Does the gray match the Herculiner gray, or close to it?

Can you either post or PM me a price for a one gallon gray coating only?

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #1500
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You will need a shutz gun (undercoating gun) to spray it. You are in Colorado, not California, so you should be able to find MEK. Get the MEK, and use about 5% MEK 95% liner (I believe that works out to about 8 ounces of MEK). 2 Coats are sufficient for the interior of a Jeep, but isnce you are spraying, you could probably do 3. As for heat from the trans tunnel, I have a 42rle (4-speed auto), and it is a hot tranny. I had no issues with heat.

There is sufficient amount of grip that you won't be sliding around. Why are you trying to match Herculiner gray?

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.