Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Introducing MONSTALINER� UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

2M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Hi All,

We are a new advertiser on jeepforum.com and I just want to introduce myself, our company and a very interesting new product.

My name is Eric and I have 25+ years experience in coatings manufacturing.
Our company Magnet Paints, is focused on industrial maintenance and commercial fleet refinish coatings,
epoxy and urethane concrete floor coatings and automotive restoration paints.

We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.

For the past 5 years, our lab has been developing and fine tuning a roll on bed liner product.
The product has evolved through 3 generations of testing, development and field trials and has just been
commercialized and is available for sale.

I have personally been involved with installations on more than 20 vehicles in the last 4 years in which
my feedback and experience alone was the determining factor that the product was complete and ready for release.

Monstaliner started as a pet project. One of our employees had used a widely popular DIY bed liner on his
personal truck and was not so pleased with the outcome. He came into work one day with a mission and
for almost a year, he kept badgering the chemists in our lab to develop a better product.

One day after getting tired of listening to this guy rant, we sat down and mapped out what a
new generation do-it-yourself bed liner would have to offer to be successful. A first, we just toyed with the
project but we knew that a much better product was possible compared to those already on the market.

So here we are, very proud to present:

MONSTALINER™ High Performance DIY Roll On Bed Liner

I don't want to write a book here so I will post the web site link for all who are curious to check this out on their own time.

As an introduction special and for the rest of this month at least,
we are offering free shipping on anything sold on the web site.

Just use Promo Code "FSBL-1" when ordering either online or by phone.

Everyone, anyone... please feel free to ask any questions. I am always available to help.

Best Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

PS: We are looking for dealers in markets involving Jeep, Truck, 4x4 and Off-Roading.
If anyone with a legit business either online or offline has interest, just get in touch and we can
work with you to make something happen.

Additional links on our main web site
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Paint Over Rust to Stop Rust Permanently With Chassis Saver Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

See less See more
#3,882 ·
Even simpler than that, hit it with a little heat. Mine had some loctite on them which needed to be heated to remove. Even a little butane pocket torch will work-just needs to be warmed and carressed a bit, then should turn right out. IF that doesnt work, do like the above-tack a hex nut on it and turn it out that way.

Best of luck,

Mike

Edit-obvious side note-replace with regular grade 8 hex head bolts so you dont have to mess with those dumb stars again...:D

#3,884 ·
Dang, after all that you may need to weld the nut on after all. Depending on which bolt it is, can be tough to get leverage on it or a long enough cheater. If you havent done so already, you can try heat from under the rig too-heat the top good then try and turn it out from above while a buddy is applying heat on the stud itself from under the rig. After all that, you're now where I'd be grabbing the welder... Sucks-I hate stuck bolts!

Best of luck,

Mike

#3,885 ·
One other trick is to use some sort of grinder, and cut the round head of the bolt into a more square head. Then you can get vice grips or something similar on it with some better grip and turn it out. If you cannot weld or it is difficult to weld this may be a good option, but welding a nut on would probably be the best way.

#3,889 ·
Glad you got it out. I was going to either suggest heat and an impact, or picking up a 2"x2" from HD or Lowes and drilling a hole in it to slide over the ratchet to make a long breaker bar. That is what I had to do for the rear brackets on the Rubi.

#3,893 ·
We will be closed next week for July 4th holiday
Will reopen for business on Monday July 11th

Anyone intending on getting materials for this weekend or next week needs to place an order by tomorrow evening (Wed).
So if we order tonight you will guarantee that we have it by this weekend? Or you're saying that you will be able to get them shipped before then?

#3,906 ·
I know a lot of people are waiting on these and I dropped the ball. Next week I place my order and as stated before, everyone who has ordered through monstaliner.com will get them in the mail. It's gonna cost me a lot of postage but I have a lot to be thankful for with JF and all you guys so sit tight and you will have them before the end of July

#3,900 ·
I ordered late last night, my tracking number was here early this morning... :D

I don't think this guy ever sleeps-always working, responding to emails, calls, PMs, thread updates, MonstaMagic, etc...

MonstaMan-Glad you're taking a week off for the 4th. Looks like you could use it! Hope you have a great time, celebrate well, be safe and take a little time to enjoy yourself a bit-Lord knows you deserve it! :cheers:
:monsta::monsta::monsta:

Thanks again Man,

Best of Luck,

Mike

#3,901 ·
for as popular as this thread is. there are still alot of people that just can't seem to find their way here. don't worry i have been doing my share to stop people from ever linering their jeep with another crumb rubber liner product.

#3,903 ·
Shoot a PM to Keith and see if he can make my writeup an article. Tell him that you are pretty sure I submitted one over a year ago when I first did it.

#3,907 ·
I actually found 3 from the old style in my garage :teehee: Anyway, I followed the submission instructions, and even sent an email to one of the mods. There is a subforum devoted to it :rtft:

Edit: Thanks to the power of gmail, I found the email, and it still has the attachment. Shooting it to your email now.

#3,909 ·
#3,910 ·
We can try, but its amazing how people ask for advice but don't actually want any, they just want you to support their idea. I've been trying to spread the word to anyone I come across that could use Monstaliner or Chassis Saver, particularly over at WranglerForum.com since I don't think Monstaliner is a vendor over there, but most have just brushed it off. One person in particular was going on and on to someone who was looking for a POR-15 similar product. He kept going on about how great POR was, and nothing I could suggest about Chassis Saver made it an equal product. After proving him wrong about everything, he still decided that his beloved POR was worth all the extra price simply because it was UV stable.

#3,911 ·
it's not even the OP that i am talking about. some jerk came in and just started spouting about the post i made about monsta, even after the op expressly asked about opinions on other color liners! grrrr

#3,912 ·
Yeah I saw him, that's kinda who I meant. That's the typical attitude I was talking about. I posted there as well telling him he needs to get his facts straight before misinforming others, but no matter what we show him he'll still walk away from the conversation thinking he was completely right on everything. People like that annoy me.

#3,913 ·
it's like a car salesman that has an old P.O.S. on the lot and is trying to tell you that it's way better than the Mercedes you just rolled up in. you don't know if he's just lying to you or if he's honestly that retarded.

yes i just referred to monsta as a mercedes and rhino liner an old P.O.S.

#3,915 ·
Got your order, thanks!

Depends how fast we get it into the system
You'll get a tracking # emailed late today

We have an antique computer system in a cave in Amityville. By summers end we will have a new system that will be on par with other systems where all things will be automated

Thus is funny as ****, our computer system is older than most of you guys I speak with on here, 1983

#3,920 ·
Hi All

I'm thinking of starting a new thread regarding epoxy floor coatings for garage and industrial use.

Before I do, I'm looking for opinions... Would there be interest here on this?
You know what-I was actually going to ask you about this at a later date, simply because I can't afford it right now due to medical. We moved into a new place just about a year ago now and I have a nice big 3 car garage now along with a separate 24x36 shop in back. Last year my parents built a new shop roughly 36x48 and used a product called 'Shield Crete' over the floor in there. It looks great but I have a few concerns with it after seeing a few friends line their garage with similar products that eventually peeled up and now look like crap. The stuff in their shop has held up pretty well over the last year, but their house isn't built yet and it's not being used "as a shop" yet so I still have my doubts. With all the welding/cutting/grinding I do in the shop, I wasn't sure it would be wise to coat that floor, BUT-I do really want to coat my main house garage floor and part of the foundation along one wall where the concrete footing goes up about 3'. It's a big 3 car garage and I had estimated roughly 3 gallons SHOULD about cover it based off the label on the "shield crete" stuff. My Dad had one left over gallon and gave it to me to use-it's an un-opened kit but I have not yet put it down because I haven't been ready to do that job yet.

Based off everything else I've seen and with a total of 3 gallons of black now, 2 magnapoxy and some lt.grey for the Jeep, I'd be HIGHLY interested in a good long-lasting solid concrete floor covering for the garage. In this garage there is high foot traffic but it's a house garage so aside from having a couple pallet racks in there for shelving, a freezer and fridge, all we do is park 3 cars in there, nothing else. Have carpet down where we walk and under each car so really the only thing that floor would see would be car tires running strait in and strait out. No real traffic and no real scuffing, and-no work in this garage. Try to keep it "nice" so the house stays somewhat clean if you know what I mean.

Long story short-yes, definitely interested in some concrete floor coating. Obviously I need to wait till medical is paid down a bit first but I would love to see what you have and what your thoughts are on this stuff.

Best of Luck,

Mike

#3,921 ·
I am sure there would be more interest for other products you guys offer, Magnet. Does this mean you might try to revamp the MagnetPaints site too?

#3,922 ·
We've got an oversized 3 car garage, and are definitely interested in some coating. I've been looking around at some different products, and once I get a few mods done to the Jeep that was going to be the next project. Get us some info and I would bet there are more than just me on here who would be interested in this.

#3,924 ·
i concur, i recently re-did my basement and installed radient heat in the new concrete (would highlt reccomend). imagine the sore back you get after hours of wrenching turn into a nice soothing warmness everytime you lay on your concrete floor. oh yeah! anyhow i have plans to one day coat the floor but it has been in use and had a few oil stains on it. what product would you reccomend for the application, and how would you suggest removing the oil stains?

#3,925 ·
So many mixed reviews on the garage coatings that are out there. Some peel with hot tires, some don't last at all, etc. I would consider a good true coating that actually works. I would have to see some users with it before I tried them though. Most of my friends have tried just about everything out there.

#3,926 ·
I will work to explain the differences between various systems and surface prep options required for success.

Being able to evaluating the surface condition of an old concrete slab correctly helps greatly when deciding on what type of products to use and surface prep methods

#3,927 ·
Our garage floor needs to be re coated. Whatever was put on there held up OKAY. Places where harsher chemicals dropped didn't fair so well, there are a lot of paint stains, oils do however clean up well. But in general it's slowly flaking and needs to be redone. Though part of it might have been the prep, that acid etching stuff some kits provide is a PITA to use and don's always work to well.

#3,928 ·
~ Vacation Notice ~

Our offices and shipping will be closed next week for the July 4th holiday week. We will reopen on Monday July 11th.

Any order placed after 9AM on Friday morning July 1st will not ship until we return from vacation.

All orders received while we are away will ship in the order they are received.

Have a happy & safe July 4th holiday!

:monsta:​

#3,930 ·
Could not decide to post this here or make a new thread, decided to ask here as many of you have experience/have allready dealt with it all, and can suggest what is best.

I ordered my monstaliner, will have it next week I am going to start prepping

First question is what do I do at the shifter/transfer case area

Do I coat this area with liner, or should I just Chassis Saver and Paint this spot?

If you suggest the Monstaliner, how do I get the boots out of the way, and do I take all the screws holding the plated down out and plug them or try and tape them or what would be the best ? .......I have tried looking at some of the pics showing the interiors done, but not so many have really shown detail in this area. What is my best plan of attack?

Also I know that prep is the key to a good job, I am lazy when I can be (Believe in working smarter, not harder) But will always to do what it takes trying to do it right. I am wondering which would be petter, hand scuffing everything, or use a course flexible sanding disc on an angle grinder and giving everything a quick go over, that will do some serious roughing up, or is this too agressive.......What do you think?

Finally, should I go ahead and do another picture by picture writeup to show the whole thing, or has it been done enough?

I will admit I am anxious Kind of like a kid with a new toy!
Any guidance is appreciated!

#3,935 ·
We did an 89 YJ like this. We pulled the plate and coated right to the edge of the hole after removing the old gasket. Coated the plate separate and then just bolted it back when cured with some gasket material under the edge. We never plugged those holes, just took a pointed X-acto after it cured 1 day and cleaned them out a bit. Screws/bolts went right back in no problem.

I personally do not like angle grinders for prep as they spin too fast at 1 speed only. A variable speed detail polisher is what I use.
If you have a palm sander with 100 grit it works well along with some hand scuffing. You just need to generate a light powder off the surface, make everything flat/dull without being too aggressive and not cut through the paint.

#3,931 ·
ok on the shifter area I just took off my boots and lined it all, then reinstalled the boots. But I would say this is a personal option, I like the look the way I did it, but others may disagree. Only thing that could go wrong is if i need to pull the plate at some point. but figure when that happens i will just get a new plate and paint it black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.