Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Introducing MONSTALINER� UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

2M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Hi All,

We are a new advertiser on jeepforum.com and I just want to introduce myself, our company and a very interesting new product.

My name is Eric and I have 25+ years experience in coatings manufacturing.
Our company Magnet Paints, is focused on industrial maintenance and commercial fleet refinish coatings,
epoxy and urethane concrete floor coatings and automotive restoration paints.

We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.

For the past 5 years, our lab has been developing and fine tuning a roll on bed liner product.
The product has evolved through 3 generations of testing, development and field trials and has just been
commercialized and is available for sale.

I have personally been involved with installations on more than 20 vehicles in the last 4 years in which
my feedback and experience alone was the determining factor that the product was complete and ready for release.

Monstaliner started as a pet project. One of our employees had used a widely popular DIY bed liner on his
personal truck and was not so pleased with the outcome. He came into work one day with a mission and
for almost a year, he kept badgering the chemists in our lab to develop a better product.

One day after getting tired of listening to this guy rant, we sat down and mapped out what a
new generation do-it-yourself bed liner would have to offer to be successful. A first, we just toyed with the
project but we knew that a much better product was possible compared to those already on the market.

So here we are, very proud to present:

MONSTALINER™ High Performance DIY Roll On Bed Liner

I don't want to write a book here so I will post the web site link for all who are curious to check this out on their own time.

As an introduction special and for the rest of this month at least,
we are offering free shipping on anything sold on the web site.

Just use Promo Code "FSBL-1" when ordering either online or by phone.

Everyone, anyone... please feel free to ask any questions. I am always available to help.

Best Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

PS: We are looking for dealers in markets involving Jeep, Truck, 4x4 and Off-Roading.
If anyone with a legit business either online or offline has interest, just get in touch and we can
work with you to make something happen.

Additional links on our main web site
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Paint Over Rust to Stop Rust Permanently With Chassis Saver Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

See less See more
#3,671 ·
i have done all my work outside. however i have sprayed everything except the first coat i applied to the interior last year, so i do not have alot of rolling experience with monsta.

#3,672 ·
I rolled mine outdoors (exterior)... although I have to say that mine didn't turn out quite as well as the pics above and I think it had to do with the glare I had off the hood as well as the technique. The sides have a great uniform texture because there was no glare and I started to perfect the technique of getting a uniform texture (hood was done first). The hood looks awesome in places, but there is a texture transition that is kind of noticeable and it's because I couldn't see that well given the sun's reflection off the wet hood. (Yes, magnetman warned us about doing it in direct sunlight... LOL)

Knowing all of this, instead of just focusing on coverage like I did with the hood, I would have gone back and made some nice clean passes with the roller one last time, like I did with the sides/doors, and I think the hood would have been perfect too...

And don't forget the drips! I saved many a drip by going back around and catching them in time. I have one on my rollbar that I didn't see and it's nasty once it is hardened... ;-)

James

#3,673 ·
EXCELLENT points you made.

The greatest issue with doing any install outdoors is that air movement and heat from the sun will make
the coating set up faster which is detrimental to being able to take your time and look over all surfaces
carefully and make some more clean passes with the roller to even out the texture.

If you at least had a canopy or carport above it would help greatly.

Having good light to reflect off surfaces helps greatly to see spots that need another roller pass.
A cheap clamp on aluminum reflector light or a big flashlight would also help.

#3,678 ·
Are you really doing lime green? Because my cage is painted lime green and I'm going to paint like the tie rod and track bar and dif cover, those things, lime green too...I was going to spray paint them but...if there is lime green monsta coming, well, now I'm not sure if I want to hold off on spray painting them to wait for the monsta or what...

#3,707 ·
Primers page has been updated with some useful info

Monstaliner Primers and Spray Equipment
Thank you-very helpful. I was all set to hit "place order" but then realized I didn't know how much magnapoxy I needed. I'll likely order up tomorrow after running some math. Will go with 2 gallons lt grey for now, magnapoxy as primer and go from there. Should allow me to coat trailer and Jeep. I hope anyway.

Really dumb question-with the 2 quart kit-is that literally 2 quarts finished of useable magnapoxy, or is it one half quart of substrate and one half quart of mix that you dump into the other and have 1 full quart to do 90 sq/ft when mixed??? This is what held me back today from ordering-not sure if I need ONE 2 quart kit, or TWO 2 quart kits to do the trailer...

Thanks,

Best of Luck,

Mike

#3,705 ·
I have pics in my build thread, but am too lazy to go on photobucket and copy the links. Just click the link in my sig and go back a page or two.

#3,710 · (Edited)
2 Gallon Black Monstaliner Kits

I have 5 x 2 Gallon Black Monstaliner Kits I need to move for a distributor of ours who can't sell them.
He sells only 1 gallon kits. They are located right now in Michigan

Anyone interested at 20% off the $239 price with free shipping?
This is a great deal with net cost to buyer @ $191.20

Buy 1 or buy all

My customer will UPS direct to you and we'll provide a 1 time use coupon code for you to pay us through the Monstaliner web site

PM me if interested
Please do not post here

:monsta:

edit 6:02PM: 4 kits remain
can I sell all by midnight?

#3,711 ·
I find it weird that you are getting a no hotlinking thing for a pic that is a JF emoticon :dunno:

That is a heck of a deal for people on the 2gallon kit.

#3,713 ·
So we painted the 1990 GMC Sierra work truck we have with the extra chassis saver I got from my monsta order, and WOW! That paint is hard as nails and a little goes a LONG WAY. There is still almost a whole half quart and I used a TON in the Jeep, and now in the truck. The whole bottom of the bed was covered in rust so we sanded, and painted over it. Voila.

We ONLY painted the rusted surfaces. So only the flat bottom of the truck bed. The wheel wells and all vertical surfaces we left alone. Look at the difference it made! I wish I had before pictures.

Amazing stuff.

#3,716 ·
I have 5 x 2 Gallon Black Monstaliner Kits I need to move for a distributor of ours who can't sell them.
He sells only 1 gallon kits. They are located right now in Michigan

Anyone interested at 20% off the $239 price with free shipping?
This is a great deal with net cost to buyer @ $191.20

Buy 1 or buy all

My customer will UPS direct to you and we'll provide a 1 time use coupon code for you to pay us through the Monstaliner web site

PM me if interested
Please do not post here

edit 6:02PM: 4 kits remain
can I sell all by midnight?

8:48PM: 3 kits remain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.