Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Introducing MONSTALINER� UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

2M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Hi All,

We are a new advertiser on jeepforum.com and I just want to introduce myself, our company and a very interesting new product.

My name is Eric and I have 25+ years experience in coatings manufacturing.
Our company Magnet Paints, is focused on industrial maintenance and commercial fleet refinish coatings,
epoxy and urethane concrete floor coatings and automotive restoration paints.

We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.

For the past 5 years, our lab has been developing and fine tuning a roll on bed liner product.
The product has evolved through 3 generations of testing, development and field trials and has just been
commercialized and is available for sale.

I have personally been involved with installations on more than 20 vehicles in the last 4 years in which
my feedback and experience alone was the determining factor that the product was complete and ready for release.

Monstaliner started as a pet project. One of our employees had used a widely popular DIY bed liner on his
personal truck and was not so pleased with the outcome. He came into work one day with a mission and
for almost a year, he kept badgering the chemists in our lab to develop a better product.

One day after getting tired of listening to this guy rant, we sat down and mapped out what a
new generation do-it-yourself bed liner would have to offer to be successful. A first, we just toyed with the
project but we knew that a much better product was possible compared to those already on the market.

So here we are, very proud to present:

MONSTALINER™ High Performance DIY Roll On Bed Liner

I don't want to write a book here so I will post the web site link for all who are curious to check this out on their own time.

As an introduction special and for the rest of this month at least,
we are offering free shipping on anything sold on the web site.

Just use Promo Code "FSBL-1" when ordering either online or by phone.

Everyone, anyone... please feel free to ask any questions. I am always available to help.

Best Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

PS: We are looking for dealers in markets involving Jeep, Truck, 4x4 and Off-Roading.
If anyone with a legit business either online or offline has interest, just get in touch and we can
work with you to make something happen.

Additional links on our main web site
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Paint Over Rust to Stop Rust Permanently With Chassis Saver Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

See less See more
#3,357 ·
I just put in a request for some samples of black, red and the 2 bluer colors of the Monstashades. I'd like to go with one of those, but seeing them in person should help me make the final decision.

How much should I order to coat the whole outside of my YJ? I already did the interior with Herculiner and will be leaving that (for now) so I'll need just enough for the exterior only.

If I go with black I'll want to do the exterior plus the hard top.

If I go with a color I'll just do the exterior. And do the hard top with black later since it won't see action again next November when it gets cold.

#3,358 ·
Received my 1 gallon Monstaliner kit in the mail. Impressed with the packaging. :) I plan to re-coat the tub of my TJ with this kit & would like dark grey Monstaliner for the inside of my hardtop.

Haven't seen anyone coat the inside of a hardtop with Monstaliner yet - I would be happy to try & post method & pics! Anyone like to sponsor? Ha. :thumbsup:

A few questions (& apologies if this has been covered elsewhere as I didn't read all pages in this thread):

1. When the dark grey gets released, could I get just the 1 gallon dark grey coating, catalyst & maybe 2 extra foam rollers? Don't need the other things because I have the black 1 gallon kit already.

2. For coating over the locally-mixed (too thin) 2 part urethane bedliner is the below methodology correct?

• Clean existing coating (soap & hot water)
  • Let dry
  • Scuff sand
  • MEK wipe & wait how long before coating?
  • Apply Monstaliner coating :D

3. For coating the inside of the hardtop (I believe it is actually made of SMC - sheet molded compound) is the following procedure correct?

• Clean hardtop interior with soap & water
  • Let dry
  • Scuff Sand
  • MEK wipe? Seems a bit harsh to use on SMC/fiberglass. Perhaps just wash well with soap & water & let dry overnight???
  • Apply 2K Epoxy Primer (I have some from TCP Global)
  • Wait 72 Hours
  • Apply Monstaliner coating

Thank you for your all your help.

#3,359 ·
Received my 1 gallon Monstaliner kit in the mail. Impressed with the packaging. :) I plan to re-coat the tub of my TJ with this kit & would like dark grey Monstaliner for the inside of my hardtop.

Haven't seen anyone coat the inside of a hardtop with Monstaliner yet - I would be happy to try & post method & pics! Anyone like to sponsor? Ha. :thumbsup:

A few questions (& apologies if this has been covered elsewhere as I didn't read all pages in this thread):

1. When the dark grey gets released, could I get just the 1 gallon dark grey coating, catalyst & maybe 2 extra foam rollers? Don't need the other things because I have the black 1 gallon kit already.
Yes, should not be a problem

2. For coating over the locally-mixed (too thin) 2 part urethane bedliner is the below methodology correct?

• Clean existing coating (soap & hot water)
  • Let dry
  • Scuff sand
  • MEK wipe & wait how long before coating?
  • Apply Monstaliner coating :D
You can coat immediately after the MEK wipe

3. For coating the inside of the hardtop (I believe it is actually made of SMC - sheet molded compound) is the following procedure correct?

• Clean hardtop interior with soap & water
  • Let dry
  • Scuff Sand
  • MEK wipe? Seems a bit harsh to use on SMC/fiberglass. Perhaps just wash well with soap & water & let dry overnight???
  • Apply 2K Epoxy Primer (I have some from TCP Global)
  • Wait 72 Hours
  • Apply Monstaliner coating

Thank you for your all your help.
Perfect.. You can also wipe with mineral spirits and let it dry 1 hour here if you like.

Reason we spec MEK for normal tub/bed wipe down is to remove any wax/grease which min spirits will have a hard time doing.

#3,367 ·
Something like this for scraping linoleum from HD or Lowes:

Works well for beyond stubborn linoleum that was on concrete. Just get the one with the wooden handle, not a collapsible. Should be less than $40. CS would be great for the bed since I can guarantee you will rip up the metal some removing the old liner.

#3,369 ·
By the way, other than the slow-and-steady, tap-a-chisel method, someone else out there suggested trying a power washer. This idea sounds like an excellent one to me, since with a little garden-variety gasoline powered washer probably won't hurt the bed, and if any comes up, that's less I have to scrape later. I just wish I had a good way of heating it to damn near boiling first...

I think I may go ahead and order a bottle of that Hard Coat Remover first and see how it does.

#3,370 ·
By the way, other than the slow-and-steady, tap-a-chisel method, someone else out there suggested trying a power washer. This idea sounds like an excellent one to me, since with a little garden-variety gasoline powered washer probably won't hurt the bed, and if any comes up, that's less I have to scrape later. I just wish I had a good way of heating it to damn near boiling first...
2 quarts of gasoline?

or a heat gun

:monsta:

I'm outa here!

#3,375 ·
I put two coats some places 3 coats on the inside of my TJ that used a whole gallon. This stuff is great. I got the chassis saver with it and painted my whole frame with it. LOOKS AWESOME!!!! I have hercu junk on my truck and it was peeling and rusting within a year n a half. I was not happy. just make sure you do a good job taping lol this stuff is hard to get off you and anything else.

#3,383 ·
Deacon has it correct.

If you lightly hose down the surface (no water pressure, just flood the surface) of Monstaliner 8 hours after the 2nd coat it will speed the cure time and hardness development some.

What this does is it gives the coating more moisture which it needs to cure

#3,382 ·
Monstaliner Press Release

Going out to 1000 media outlets tomorrow

Tame Your Bedliner Beast with MONSTALINER™

DIY Roll-On Truck Bed Liner Offers High Performance Alternative to Expensive Spray Installations
World's Toughest Do-It-Yourself Coating

Amityville, NY (May 5, 2011) - At last, pickup truck and jeep owners wanting a do-it-yourself
alternative to expensive spray-in bed liners have an exciting new option. MONSTALINER™ from
Magnet Paints is a high performance, UV permanent, roll-on bed liner designed for easy
installation and owners don't need any special skills or equipment to get professional results.

Bed liners top the list of aftermarket jeep and pickup truck accessories for protection against rust
and damage to vehicle surfaces. "If you've done your bed liner homework," says Eric Rosenthal,
president and technical director of Magnet Paints, "you've learned that professional spray-installed
liners can cost more than you feel like spending. MONSTALINER™ is a highly durable, do-it-yourself
solution that provides truly professional looking results while costing hundreds less than expensive
spray installations."

Until now, every roll-on bedliner has used crumb tire rubber granules to create surface texture.
"MONSTALINER™ has literally reinvented the category for do-it-yourself products," says
Rosenthal. "Monstaliner contains no ground tire rubber and the texture is created only by the
installation rollers. As MONSTALINER™ is rolled, texture is pulled up from the coating and it
cures with an eye pleasing "orange peel" bumpiness that is often mistaken for sprayed. There's
nothing to settle in the can and it has an amazingly uniform surface texture compared to the "dirt
thrown in a glossy black paint job look" of competitive products. MONSTALINER™ is very easy
to clean and won't trap dirt like rubber textured products which are all sandpaper rough," he added.

MONSTALINER™ is also 100% UV permanent and carries a 5 Year Guarantee against fading,
chalking or discoloration due to sunlight. Once installed, MONSTALINER™ requires little or no
maintenance and continues looking great with no additional topcoats, sealants, or surface
protection.

Installed at up to 40 dry mils thick, MONSTALINER™ goes down in 2 thick coats. The two-
component catalyzed coating has an extremely long 8-hour pot life which eliminates the risk of
spoiled material enabling end users of any skill level to complete their project with confidence and
without the need for a spray guns, compressors or masking the entire vehicle to protect from overspray.

MONSTALINER™ is available in black and supplied in a variety of kit sizes with rollers and
surface preparation tools included. MONSTALINER™ colors will be available shortly.

About Magnet Paints and MONSTALINER™
Established 1915 in Brooklyn, NY, Magnet Paints manufactures industrial and fleet refinishing
systems for commercial vehicles, heavy equipment, machinery, and farm implements. Its newest
product, MONSTALINER™, is the only bed liner on the market engineered for do-it-yourself
roller installation and optimized for a uniform, professional appearance.

For more information on MONSTALINER™ and to see an extensive archive of completed project
photos, how-to videos and customer reviews visit http://www.monstaliner.com

###

Press photos:

#3,385 ·
Sweet, where is that heading out to?

#3,389 ·
That's our standard press release that took me 3 months to get done cause of a mental block or just too much chemical fume exposure, tequila or other substance :monsta:

Pay $250 and a service submits it to a subscribing pool of journalists/writers/publishers who have the choice to pick up the news if they like it and publish, run or even print it in all sorts of media. Could be a newspaper with a weekly column on auto related stuff or an online magazine with new product news or even a print magazine, off road, enthusiast, etc

I'll reveal next week after it gets submitted how many strange hits the web site gets that I'll know did not come from the regular places I see every day

#3,399 ·
I highly recommend at least two extra rollers when you purchase the 1 gal kit so you make sure you have one at the end to roll your texture. I had ordered one extra but ended up having to use two on the first coat and the last roller barely made it through the second coat.

#3,402 ·
the monstaliner looks so good on the bumper.

I'm back Eric :) should be in contact with you sooner than later for monstaliner to do the entire jeep. :) I'm currently covered in chassi saver haha, Im still saving all my pics for you in full quality, ill get em to you when its complete :)
Welcome back Mr. Smith! Glad to see you are feeling better.

:monsta:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.