Introducing Azzy's Customs & our XJ Gauge Face Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing Azzy's Customs & our XJ Gauge Face Kit

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Introducing Azzy's Customs & our XJ Gauge Face Kit

After some positive feedback in the XJ section, my wife and I decided to give being a vendor a go and produce these to kick off a small side business.

Update 11/30/2012: As of today, we are no longer able to participate in the Jeepforum.com vendor program. I am still running my site and am listed as a vendor on a few other sites, but cannot afford the programs that were put in place with the new website owners at this time as a small hobby biz. I will continue to be a member here, post here, and help out when I can. Thanks for all the support JF, I couldnt have done any of this without your help!

These gauge faces for 89-96 XJs (with full gauges) are printed on a Mylar based micro-porous tear resistant film using a long lasting UV resistant 12 color process. In fact, we've tested these sitting in the elements and the material and prints survived high winds and a storm with no ill effect. They are then hand cut and checked against templates to make sure they leave us ready to install in your dash.

I created this set because I wanted better looking gauges for my XJ, and thought that the other options out there were alright, but lacking in both material and look. The bright white background makes them easier to see in both daylight, night ambient light, and even with the stock lighting.

Our current offerings:

And yes, we got you covered in places that measure in big numbers with lots of zeros:

$25/set plus free shipping to the US and Canada* Easily changes the look of your interior and the usefulness of your stock gauge set in a short time. Ready to go, basic install takes under an hour, no cutting required. To ordercheck out our website, http://AzzysDesignWorks.com/ Contact us a azzyscustoms@verizon.net

*New* Installation instructions
Page 1 Page 2
Or check out our new install video!
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

How do they look installed?

First, ambient light (center dome light):

Nikon D40, 2.5 second exposure, 6.3 fstop, ISO 400

~30% adjustment on the light switch:

Full lighting (stock bulbs):

And daytime:

MADE IN THE USA!
(Finleyville, PA to be exact)

(disclaimer: These are not claimed to be calibrated or correct speedometer issues stemming from drive-line / tire changes. See laws in your state regarding use, suggested for off-road use only)
*Shipping rates differ outside of continental US. PM me to discuss.

Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I am also always up to the challenge of designing more of these, as well as custom graphics for your jeep business or venture. Ive been in the graphic information business professionally for 10 years now.

PM or email me any time.

Coming Summer 2012, a better less expensive way to replace the bellcrank for the NP231 transfer case, no more rube goldberg machine to get to 4WD.
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
wsar10
2003 WJ 

damn it !!

I just did this last month, I would have rather supported a fellow JF member.....

How about an HVAC cover ???
I understand it's back lit but you could probably "pre-cut" the actual illumination parts so the light shine through ???

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
damn it !!

I just did this last month, I would have rather supported a fellow JF member.....

How about an HVAC cover ???
I understand it's back lit but you could probably "pre-cut" the actual illumination parts so the light shine through ???
Hmm... never thought of that. I am trying to work out a setup for 97+ XJs that would need a similar finish. Let me see what I can do, as I do have a source that could produce those, but not sure on what cost would look like.
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Hmm... never thought of that. I am trying to work out a setup for 97+ XJs that would need a similar finish. Let me see what I can do, as I do have a source that could produce those, but not sure on what cost would look like.
Let us know when you have this. I'll be one of the first in line for a 97+ overlay.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
Let us know when you have this. I'll be one of the first in line for a 97+ overlay.
Will do. Im currently trying to find a spare non-working cluster to mangle for this, as my wife wouldnt like her's to be disassembled.
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I was asked about customization on another forum today. Short answer, yes, I can add a graphic or a name to them, and get them printed.

I would have to ask a fee if there is artwork to be made that has a significant time input (as in you want a high res version of a bad cell phone pic made up... seen it asked before, and worse).
Unread 03-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #8
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Here are a few samples from a recent request:
xj-sample.jpg  
Unread 03-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

How about one with "Jeep" on the Tach & nothing else. Or making "65" on the speedo red. Other than that, those are freaking awesome.

Did you find your donor cluster or did you just do those up for mock up?

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have a cluster being bid on from ebay, but none so far locally.
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i am interested in this but id like to see what it looks like inside the jeep...
crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07 View Post
i am interested in this but id like to see what it looks like inside the jeep...
Had i in the first link, but posted them here too. See the first post, that's from my XJ. Now full disclaimer,Ii have painted the bezel as well, black on front, and white on the back. The white back bounces the light a bit better.

But, while you are doing this, a bit of prep in other places can go a long way, and is easy once everything is out (like cleaning and greasing the rear electric contacts)
Unread 03-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #13
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Those are sweet, real nice work.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #14
soulscapex
1997 ZJ 

i would be interested in your 97 version....
soulscapex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I think 25 bucks is fair Azzy, as long as you put a little made in America sticker on the back or packaging somewhere Thinking about what color or graphics I would like. I am however, doing the LED conversion. I already have the lights.
XJ-JekL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.