Insane Black Friday Mega Promo - CHASSIS SAVER™ 2 for 1 Sale! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Insane Black Friday Mega Promo - CHASSIS SAVER™ 2 for 1 Sale!

Halloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15Ē/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #16
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconMill View Post
I can speak from experience that this stuff is awesome. Dries rock solid, and a little goes a very long way. I might have to take advantage of this deal. Any more pics of the satin black? Im thinking about doing my bumpers with it, or doing gloss and then topcoating with a flat clear.
We don't recommend clear coating Chassis Saver as a way to preserve or improve the UV resistance.
Clear still allows UV to pass through itself and when the coating underneath starts to change it can
cause delamination of the clear. A low gloss black topcoat is really what you want to topcoat with.

magnetman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #17
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

if your gonna top coat CS just throw some MONSTALINER over it! just my .02 now that it's in quarts you can't go wrong!

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #18
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Chassis Saver Insane Black Friday 2 for 1 Coupon Codes are now Active

2 for 1 CHASSIS SAVERô Sale
3 Days Only - Friday 11/26 thru Sunday 11/28
Available Only Online - Not Available in Stores

For anyone not familiar with this product, CHASSIS SAVERô is a direct replacement for POR-15 at up to 45% lower cost.
We have been manufacturing CHASSIS SAVERô for almost 20 years and it has been proven under the harshest conditions.
In addition to the auto restoration market, more than 500 townships, public works departments and DOT fleet maintenance
facilities use CHASSIS SAVERô for protection of snow and ice removal equipment, highway, off road and general vehicle maintenance.

Starting Friday 11/26/10 at 12:01 AM thru Sunday 11/28/10 at 12:00 PM
all CHASSIS SAVERô Quarts and Gallons will be sold 2 for 1

Buy 1 Quart CHASSIS SAVERô Get 1 Quart FREE - Coupon Code: CSQT-B1G1F
(1 Quart price $34.75) Choose 2 of same color or 2 different colors

Buy 1 Gallon CHASSIS SAVERô Get 1 Gallon FREE - Coupon Code: CSGL-B1G1F
(1 Gallon price $97.50) Choose 2 of same color or 2 different colors

************************************************** ********************************
To get the free item, YOU MUST PUT 2 ITEMS INTO YOUR CART FIRST AS IF YOU ARE BUYING BOTH, THEN
APPLY THE COUPON CODE AND WATCH A DISCOUNT APPEAR FOR THE FULL PRICE OF 1 OF THE ITEMS
************************************************** ********************************

Standard UPS shipping rates apply - $9.00 for 2 Quarts, $15.00 for 2 Gallons

Place Orders Here @ www.monstaliner.com

Colors/Finishes available are as follows:

UCP99 Gloss Black - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoat if desired to retain glossy finish or to change color using any industrial grade oil base enamel or an
automotive grade synthetic, acrylic or urethane enamel.

UCP934 Silver-Aluminum - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoating is not needed unless change of color is desired.

UCP98 Floor & Machine Gray - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoat if desired to retain glossy finish or to change color using any industrial grade oil base enamel or an automotive grade
synthetic, acrylic or urethane enamel. Makes an outstanding, chemical and abrasion resistant coating for shop and industrial floors.

UCP970 Antique-Satin Black - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Note: Use of gloss black is recommended if you know ahead of time you are going to topcoat.

Note: Chassis Saverô can be topcoated with itself or any other solvent base coating within 24 hours with no additional surface prep.
After 24 hours scuff sanding is required.

Please see Technical Data Bulletin link below for complete directions on surface preparation and application.
CHASSIS SAVERô Tech Bulletin
CHASSIS SAVERô Material Safety Data Sheet
------------------------------------------------------------------
Further Details:
The Coupon Codes above ARE NOT COMBINABLE
If you want to purchase more than 1 set of Quarts or Gallons you can do so by just completing
your first order and then going back to place another order. Do so as many times as you like.

This offer is a stand-alone promotion and can not be combined with any other Magnet products or MONSTALINERô purchases

Please post any questions regarding the promo to the thread so others who have similar questions can read the conversation.
PM's are OK too. I'm just trying to cut down on answering similar questions many times.

Unread 11-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Any risk for exposure to freezing temps during shipping?
RedlegWJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #20
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegWJ View Post
Any risk for exposure to freezing temps during shipping?
Not at all. Chassis Saver is unaffected by cold during shipping.
Try to store at room temp but if colder just keep at room temp for 24 hours before use.

The only thing that happens at cold temps is the material gets thicker which would make application difficult. It returns to normal when warmed.
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just sprayed my second coat of silver Chassis saver at 8AM.... 1st coat took all of 3 hours to be ready for recoat, at only 65 degrees. Thinned with about 10% S8, sprayed 1st coat at 40 psi in my cheap Harbor Freight "HVLP" gun. Got a few slight runs, so went with a little less paint and a little less air on the second coat.

Here's the kicker: I'm doing a frame off YJ tub swap onto an 84 CJ chassis. AND... I have pics. (This time... LOL). The silver covers beautifully, even over existing undercoating. Yeah I know, better to remove that junk, but I didn't feel like scraping all of it off. Time will tell... but since the under and inside of the tub both get Monstalined, should work out nicely.

Pics soon.

Oh yeah... I also just ordered 2 more gallons of Chassis Saver. Thanks for the promo!

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #22
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Firewall before:

Underside of tub before:

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Unread 11-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Firewall after 2 coats silver Chassis Saver:

Underside of tub after 2 coats silver Chassis Saver:

Bonus:
Factory, the components that support the pedals and steering colum are uncoated steel. After 30 years, they get a bit of surface rust even if they stay dry. I'm doing a frame off resto on this 84 CJ as a gift to my Dad... so I'm thinking no rust for 50 years would be nice:

Unread 11-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #24
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
Just sprayed my second coat of silver Chassis saver at 8AM.... 1st coat took all of 3 hours to be ready for recoat, at only 65 degrees. Thinned with about 10% S8, sprayed 1st coat at 40 psi in my cheap Harbor Freight "HVLP" gun. Got a few slight runs, so went with a little less paint and a little less air on the second coat.

Here's the kicker: I'm doing a frame off YJ tub swap onto an 84 CJ chassis. AND... I have pics. (This time... LOL). The silver covers beautifully, even over existing undercoating. Yeah I know, better to remove that junk, but I didn't feel like scraping all of it off. Time will tell... but since the under and inside of the tub both get Monstalined, should work out nicely.

Pics soon.

Oh yeah... I also just ordered 2 more gallons of Chassis Saver. Thanks for the promo!
Thanks for the order!

Pics look good. Keep shooting please
Unread 11-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #25
lund1

Used on trailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Chassis Saver is mainly used for underbody surfaces like frames, axles, drive shafts, engine compartments, etc.
It is not required to be topcoated in these situations because they do not see "direct" sunlight and only minimal
change in appearance happens (slight down glossing). Regardless of appearance, sunlight does not degrade
the physical properties of Chassis Saver and its "Rust Stopping" capabilities stay the same even when it's look is altered by the sun.

UCP99 Gloss Black - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoat if desired to retain glossy finish or to change color using any industrial grade oil base enamel or an

UCP934 Silver-Aluminum - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.

UCP98 Floor & Machine Gray - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoat if desired to retain glossy finish or to change color using any industrial grade oil base enamel or an automotive grade
synthetic, acrylic or urethane enamel. Makes an outstanding, chemical and abrasion resistant coating for shop and industrial floors.

UCP970 Antique-Satin Black - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Note: Use of gloss black is recommended over Satin Black if you know ahead of time you are going to topcoat.

Note: Chassis Saverô can be topcoated with itself or any other solvent base coating within 24 hours with no additional surface prep.

Magnetman I need to respray the corners and underside of my Pace enclosed trailer 5x8, and also I'm building some off road trailers. How far does a quart go? If I build trailers like the Sierra4x4.com trailers, how much will it take to spay the frame and tubs- 2 coats. Need to fiqure out how much I need before I order it. Also how much monstraliner does it take to do the inside of a 2009 Toyota Tundra bed? Just trying to judge how much to buy of it also to do the trailers. Thanks for the sale prices.
lund1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #26
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

It's almost over

Promo Still on Until Midnight!

We'll, the weekend is almost over. We got about 20 orders on this promo so far.

I urge anyone even thinking about acting on this to do so now. You will not see this opportunity again for a while.

A quart of Chassis Saver makes a great gift for a fellow Jeeper or just about any friend on your list who may have some rust they need to deal with.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Regards
MagnetMan

For anyone not familiar with this product, CHASSIS SAVERô is a direct replacement for POR-15 at up to 45% lower cost.
We have been manufacturing CHASSIS SAVERô for almost 20 years and it has been proven under the harshest conditions.
In addition to the auto restoration market, more than 500 townships, public works departments and DOT fleet maintenance
facilities use CHASSIS SAVERô for protection of snow and ice removal equipment, highway, off road and general vehicle maintenance.

Starting Friday 11/26/10 at 12:01 AM thru Sunday 11/28/10 at Midnight

To get the free item, YOU MUST PUT 2 ITEMS IN YOUR CART BEFORE APPLYING COUPON CODE.

Note: Use of gloss black is recommended if you know ahead of time you are going to topcoat.

Please see Technical Data Bulletin link below for complete directions on surface preparation and application.
Further Details:
If you want to purchase more than 1 set of Quarts or Gallons you can do so by just completing
your first order and then going back to place another order. Do so as many times as you like.

This offer is a stand-alone promotion and can not be combined with any other Magnet products or MONSTALINERô purchases

Please post any questions regarding the promo to the thread so others who have similar questions can read the conversation.
PM's are OK too. I'm just trying to cut down on answering similar questions many times.

Last edited by magnetman; 11-28-2010 at 04:31 PM..
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #27
Dentedvw
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet, I ordered 98 and 99. I figured to use the glossy black on the frame rails, and the machine gray on axles. Breaks up the monotony.
How "yellow" does the gray get?
I've been looking for more pictures, but haven't found many. I was tempted to get gallons, but I don't think I would ever get to use that much of it!

I was watching the video on youtube of "Gears", the episode where they were applying it to Ted Nugent's bronco, and the guy was putting it on, and kept going over the same spot, over and over. Tell you the truth, nobody has ever really shown me how to apply this kind of stuff, but is that the way to do it? I thought maybe he was brushing it on over and over because it was easier, and the camera didn't have to move much. Could be I am over analyzing it.
Brush it on, making a uniform coating not leaving any bare spots, and not worry about it?
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #28
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentedvw View Post
Sweet, I ordered 98 and 99. I figured to use the glossy black on the frame rails, and the machine gray on axles. Breaks up the monotony.
How "yellow" does the gray get?
I've been looking for more pictures, but haven't found many. I was tempted to get gallons, but I don't think I would ever get to use that much of it!

I was watching the video on youtube of "Gears", the episode where they were applying it to Ted Nugent's bronco, and the guy was putting it on, and kept going over the same spot, over and over. Tell you the truth, nobody has ever really shown me how to apply this kind of stuff, but is that the way to do it? I thought maybe he was brushing it on over and over because it was easier, and the camera didn't have to move much. Could be I am over analyzing it.
Brush it on, making a uniform coating not leaving any bare spots, and not worry about it?
That was TV. Have to stand in one spot while he talks.

Yes, it brushes like regular enamel paint. Apply 2 thin coats. Not heavy or it can cure with bubbles. Use cheap throw away brushes or black foam brushes work well. 3 to 6 hours between coats. More than 24 hrs between coats and you need to do light sanding.
Unread 11-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #29
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Wish I could have participated in this, but when i decided to order my crappy college internet connection wouldnt allow me to access the internet last night. This deal was too good to pass up too! You should extend it to cyber monday .
ReconMill is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #30
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

One More Chance! It's Back Till Midnight EST Tonight!

Coupon Codes are Re-Activated

Regards
MagnetMan

Starting Friday 11/26/10 at 12:01 AM thru Sunday 11/28/10 at Midnight

To get the free item, YOU MUST PUT 2 ITEMS IN YOUR CART BEFORE APPLYING COUPON CODE.

Further Details:

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.