Fawkes Fabrications Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Mounts for WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Fawkes Fabrications Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Mounts for WJ

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Closed Thread
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Fawkes Fabrications Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Mounts for WJ

Our new, updated website is now live, and you can purchase directly from the site! Click on one of the links below for details:

In stock and available for immediate shipping:

Bull bar relocation, shackle tab, and MiniMax kits.

WJ Modular Recovery Components
Individual brackets and tabs for adding on to an existing kit.

Recovery Accessories
Shackles, winch plates, etc.

Big news (at least for us): There is a 100% Made-in-the-USA alternative to the cheap Chinese made "Hunter" bull bar that is compatible with our modular mounting system!

Westin brand 2.5" bull bars part numbers 33-1990 (chromed stainless) and 33-1995 (black powdercoated mild steel) will mount directly to our bull bar relocation brackets. The listed application is for WK Jeeps, but after much discussion with Westin's installation techs, the part numbers above *will* work with our WJ kit.

We'll be pursing the possibility of entering into a wholesaler/dealer relationship with Westin so that we can offer their bull bar and our recovery gear as a package. In the mean time, if you have our mounts or are considering a bull bar in conjunction with one of our recovery packages, PLEASE consider buying a Westin bull bar over the "Hunter" brand. Not only are they made in America, the Westin bar is thicker, built straight (a crapshoot with the Chinese made bars), able to mount most 6" lights, and comes with a 5 year (powdercoated) or lifetime (stainless) warranty -including the finish. The cost is roughly twice what the Hunter runs... but it's worth every penny!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Links of interest:

MiniMax comparison and FAQ thread

Installation Instructions

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com

Last edited by Fawkes; 01-28-2013 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Westin update.
Unread 11-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
killerWJ
2000 WJ 

Anyone out there have this OEM Mopar bull bar? It's hard to tell from these pics on Ebay how far down it goes, but I like the height and I appears to have additional mounting brackets that are higher up for better rigidity.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...842&cmd=VIDESC
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerWJ View Post
Anyone out there have this OEM Mopar bull bar? It's hard to tell from these pics on Ebay how far down it goes, but I like the height and I appears to have additional mounting brackets that are higher up for better rigidity.
I do . See avatar. Originally it was mounted under the front bumper with other stabilising mount points where the tow hook are. I fabbed my own (much stronger) under bumper main mounting points to make it more rigid and to mount it close to the bumper as IMO it stuck out to far and affected approach angle too much. My lower mounts are so strong that I have not got round to making the upper mounts yet but its rock solid with NO movement at all. I will make some upper mounts when time allows and will design them to allow me to keep my front tow hooks which the factory mounts dont.
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
killerWJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
I do . See avatar. Originally it was mounted under the front bumper with other stabilising mount points where the tow hook are. I fabbed my own (much stronger) under bumper main mounting points to make it more rigid and to mount it close to the bumper as IMO it stuck out to far and affected approach angle too much. My lower mounts are so strong that I have not got round to making the upper mounts yet but its rock solid with NO movement at all. I will make some upper mounts when time allows and will design them to allow me to keep my front tow hooks which the factory mounts dont.
That's HOT!
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Gentlemen, I truly appreciate the discussion (and the link to the factory Mopar bar on eBay), but this is our informational thread in the VENDOR DISPLAY forum.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes
Gentlemen, I truly appreciate the discussion (and the link to the factory Mopar bar on eBay), but this is our informational thread in the VENDOR DISPLAY forum.
Oops, yes sorry about that, forgot what part of the forum I was on!
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Bump. Brand new website with *functioning* online purchase options now live.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Soft shipping date on orders for everything other than MiniMax crossbars is now December 20th.

If the current timeline on everything holds, we'll be getting the brackets, tabs, and mounts back from the powdercoaters on 12/19, and be dropping them to USPS the following day.

I expect that we'll be getting the MM crosstubes back to ship out before the first of the year.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Crazy day.

We got our last set of parts at the powdercoaters today @ 7AM before the snow really hit.

All current non-MiniMax orders have been shipped. I'm hoping USPS pulls through and everyone gets what they wanted by Christmas.

I still anticipate shipping MiniMax orders before January 1.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 12-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Bull bar relocation & shackle tab packages in stock and ready to ship.

Still waiting to hear back from the coaters on when we'll be able to get our MiniMax crossbars back to ship out

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Good news:

I just got back from the powdercoaters. MiniMax orders are complete and ready to be boxed and shipped, however…

Bad news:

The coaters used a semi-gloss black with no texture (a mistake on their part).

Unhappy with the lead times that we have been getting with this vendor (who has had this batch of crosstubes since before Christmas), we had already arranged for blasting & coating of the next batch to be completed by a new vendor with firm, one-week turnaround times. Rather than risk another long turnaround for our current vendor to fix the coating to our current spec, we have moved our timetable with the new vendor up, and will absorb the cost.

For those of you willing to wait for another week, we will be running this batch over to the new powdercoating vendor for re- blasting and re-coating with the proper sheen and texture to match the bracketry on Monday, January 7. For those of you who have current orders and wish to have your product shipped ASAP (possibly today), in the black semi-gloss, we are offering a 10% discount and immediate shipping.

If you choose the latter option, you MUST get back to me by 12:00 (noon) on Monday, January 7.

If anyone needs photos to compare the differences, please let me know and I will snap some.

Once again, I apologize for the delay. We want to make sure that our customers are 100% satisfied with the product they get from us, even if that means pushing back shipping dates. With that said, we understand how patient you’ve been, and are more than happy to offer a discount to those folks who would rather have a product with slight cosmetic mismatch now rather than wait.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Bump.

Everyone who was waiting has now had their MiniMax packages shipped. EVERYTHING we make is now in-stock and available for immediate shipping.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerWJ
^^^ Get the Fawke outta here

I'm interested in some WJ front recovery in the next few weeks and have to give first shop to a vendor on here. Interested in 2 shackles for the front (non-mopar), possibly a middle receiver. Can you let me know what you got for me?

Thanks,

Zac

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #14
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Bump. Still a few units in stock and ready to ship before the next run.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #15
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Big news (at least for us): There is a 100% Made-in-the-USA alternative to the cheap Chinese made "Hunter" bull bar that is compatible with our modular mounting system!

Westin brand 2.5" bull bars part numbers 33-1990 (chromed stainless) and 33-1995 (black powdercoated mild steel) will mount directly to our bull bar relocation brackets. The listed application is for WK Jeeps, but after much discussion with Westin's installation techs, the part numbers above *will* work with our WJ kit.

We'll be pursing the possibility of entering into a wholesaler/dealer relationship with Westin so that we can offer their bull bar and our recovery gear as a package. In the mean time, if you have our mounts or are considering a bull bar in conjunction with one of our recovery packages, PLEASE consider buying a Westin bull bar over the "Hunter" brand. Not only are they made in America, the Westin bar is thicker, built straight (a crapshoot with the Chinese made bars), able to mount most 6" lights, and comes with a 5 year (powdercoated) or lifetime (stainless) warranty -including the finish. The cost is roughly twice what the Hunter runs... but it's worth every penny!

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.