** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields ** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > ** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 09-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Optic-Armor
Vendor

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **

Optic Armor Windows is proud to offer the Jeep Forum members a 20% discount again for the month of September and October!!!

It is going to start getting cold and the cracked windshields will be starting to show up. Don't let this be one of your problems on your Jeep, get one of our Optic Armor Windows because they will not crack or break and we stand behind every window that we sell.

Optic Armor Performance Windows combine the lightweight strength & safety of polycarbonate, with the optical clarity & scratch resistance of glass.
From the race circuit to the extreme off road vehicle and to teams and drivers, all of them have realized the many advantages of Optic Armor Windows.

-Highest optical clarity.
-Industry leading chemical & scratch resistance.
-250 times stronger than factory glass.
-50% to 75% the weight of factory glass.
-Flexible and Shatterproof.
-No special cleaners needed.
-Flat or Formed to factory curvature for a clean fit.
-Excellent water shedding capabilities

jeep-tj-crop.jpg   jeepforumbanner.jpg  
Optic-Armor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #2
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just out of curiousity, how do you think it would fare in a roll over where the windshield frame gets bent (and factory glass usually shatters, but not talking about the frame totally collapsing or anything)
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #3
Optic-Armor
Vendor

It would either bend or become detached from the frame. Our windows will bend like steel in sheet metal brake and will not crack. We have had customers re-use the windshields after they rolled their Jeep. I hope this answers your question.
Unread 09-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Are they DOT approved?

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optic-Armor View Post
It would either bend or become detached from the frame. Our windows will bend like steel in sheet metal brake and will not crack. We have had customers re-use the windshields after they rolled their Jeep. I hope this answers your question.
Yes! That's what I was hoping to hear!
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #6
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm glad it goes thru October. I just tore my jeep down to a bare tub 2 weekends ago and placed the windshield frame down on the floor, forgetting the rear-view sticks out and cracked the glass.... I'll be ordering your windshield after a paycheck or two comes in.

Are there installation instructions? or is this one of those "pro's only" things? I think the glass is the only thing I haven't replaced myself!!

#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
Optic-Armor
Vendor

Installation can be done by yourself or if you are worried have one of the pros do it for you. But, it is not that hard, the hardest part is getting the old window out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post
I'm glad it goes thru October. I just tore my jeep down to a bare tub 2 weekends ago and placed the windshield frame down on the floor, forgetting the rear-view sticks out and cracked the glass.... I'll be ordering your windshield after a paycheck or two comes in.

Are there installation instructions? or is this one of those "pro's only" things? I think the glass is the only thing I haven't replaced myself!!

Unread 09-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #8
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optic-Armor View Post
Installation can be done by yourself or if you are worried have one of the pros do it for you. But, it is not that hard, the hardest part is getting the old window out.
Great to hear. Look for an order from me early next month!!
#theneverendingaxe
Unread 09-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #9
Optic-Armor
Vendor

Awesome I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Quote:
Great to hear. Look for an order from me early next month!!
Unread 09-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

But are they DOT approved? They look great but it's pointless for me if they're not.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
Unread 09-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #11
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post
But are they DOT approved? They look great but it's pointless for me if they're not.
* Optic Armor Jeep replacement windows are not DOT approved for front windshields
Unread 09-11-2014, 06:47 AM   #12
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Paved roads are just for getting you to the starting point!
So... what are you trying to say here?
#theneverendingaxe
Unread 09-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #13
Optic-Armor
Vendor

Yes our windows do not meet the DOT regulations for a [I]glass windshield [I] but our windows are not glass! They are severe duty Optic Armor Windshields designed to take way more abuse than glass window and will not crack. We have to say that they are for off road use.
Unread 09-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #14
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
So... what are you trying to say here?
Very simple. I drive on roads to get to the trail. The extension of this of course is that my vehicle must be legal. I'm sure the product is good, but if I can't get there from here without the chance of my Jeep being pulled from the road, what good is it? I'd have to pay impounds or a ticket and then REPLACE the windshield anyway. I simply asked a question to determine if I could use it. It would've been a good choice for me.

Thanks for playing though.

Unread 09-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Very simple. I drive on roads to get to the trail. The extension of this of course is that my vehicle must be legal. I'm sure the product is good, but if I can't get there from here without the chance of my Jeep being pulled from the road, what good is it? I'd have to pay impounds or a ticket and then REPLACE the windshield anyway. I simply asked a question to determine if I could use it. It would've been a good choice for me.

Thanks for playing though.
Yeah, me too. Actually I drive on the roads much more frequently than any other surface, frankly.

but nitpicking the DOT laws, and making sure compliance, etc - that's a surefire way to kill the sport/hobby for yourself IMO. is an engine swap DOT compliant? how about a lift kit? aftermarket seats? tire carriers?...frame/ body patch kit? are you sure? where do we draw the line? AND, is an officer, really going to inspect that? you can call every single piece of a vehicle safety equipment In my opinion; tire carrier and cooler mount included.

the fact that Milehighbuckeye put one of these on his JKU and loves it sold me. if it keeps my girl, dogs & beard safe, I'm for it.

Hey I just finished reading your 'flame off restore', looks good so far!! nice job!!
#theneverendingaxe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.