Euro ZJ headlamp upgrade kit Power Buy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Euro ZJ headlamp upgrade kit Power Buy

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-31-2006, 03:29 AM   #1
Kolak
Vendor

Euro ZJ headlamp upgrade kit Power Buy

Here's something you can't live without if you own a ZJ and are tired of dealing with the low-output factory headlamps. If you're like me and want to keep your ZJ for all eternity, you're also disgusted by the crummy yellowed plastic headlamp housings ruining the look of your Jeep. Read on for the solution to these shortcomings...

A little background, export model ZJs (known as the ZG) were equipped with headlamps with glass lenses. That alone eliminates the yellowing problem, but there's an even bigger bonus -- The system has far greater light output, as a result of a superior lens design, and the use of the H4 bulb rather than the ZJ's 9004 bulb.

The beam pattern reaches much farther down the road, and has a very distinct cutoff to keep the added light from bothering oncoming traffic. The use of the H4 bulb gives us better output as well, the result of its superior internal reflector/filament design.

By now you're wondering how you can get these for your ZJ -- Well I've got just the solution..

Back a few years ago I came up with a kit of components that upgrades the ZJ to the Euro headlamps. It consists of glass-lensed Euro headlamp housings, H4 bulbs and a twin relay headlamp wiring bypass harness.

The H4 bulbs that I've chosen are the PIAA StarWhite. I did extensive testing and these combine impressive brightness and whiteness with excellent longevity.

The headlamp wiring harness is a must for the ZJ. There's a nearly 2 volt drop through the stock wiring, unacceptable even with the stock bulbs! The relays route power directly from the battery to the bulbs, eliminating the voltage drop and greatly improving performance.

Naturally, I include detailed installation instructions for the kit. I've sold dozens of these kits for $340.00 but for this special "Power Buy" I'm pricing the kit at $279.00 plus $13.00 for shipping anywhere in the USA.

To say that you'll be astonished by the performance improvement is a real understatement. I'm going to keep this special running for a couple weeks, because the early adopters will be singing the praises of the upgrade on the forum and I want to give as many people as possible a chance to jump on in.

Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
GS Audio
2002 WJ 

Are there any pictures of the lights, pictures of light output (possible against a wall at night)?

I'm very interested.
GS Audio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
ZJ Lee

I would like to see a pic of the harness(es). Installed would be a +1

Thanks
Unread 11-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #4
Kolak
Vendor

I'm searching around for some photos of the headlamps - I know I have some somewhere.

I've been selling the same harness for nine years now -- never had anyone ask for an installed photo of it. I sold three hundred of them once when I did a group buy and no one needed an installed photo. It's quite intuitive to install, and of course I'm always available for installation help.

I'm really surprised this sale isn't getting more reaction. We sell easily 3 kits per month at the regular price. I was certain this would be extremely popular and I whittled the price down to very near my wholesale cost because I wanted as many people as possible to be able to afford the upgrade. I'll post the photos of the lamps as soon as I find them.
Unread 11-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
gunthagunth
1997 ZJ 

Looks like ill be shooting you another email soon .
97 ZJ 5.9L 242/4.5" RE Coils/1.75" Spacers/Clayton arms/Addco's/RE brake lines/35x12.5 bfg muds/Currie steering/K&N/Claytons Front Drop tracbar/Dropped pitman/Bilstein 5125's/JKS BPE/JKS loop conversion/JKS Sliders/ZJilla rear bumper/Clayton front winch bumper/durango steering box/warn 9000i/Hambek Customs carbon fiber cowl hood #2of16/Hp30-8.8 4.56/ARB f+r
gunthagunth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
GS Audio
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak
I'm searching around for some photos of the headlamps - I know I have some somewhere.

I've been selling the same harness for nine years now -- never had anyone ask for an installed photo of it. I sold three hundred of them once when I did a group buy and no one needed an installed photo. It's quite intuitive to install, and of course I'm always available for installation help.

I'm really surprised this sale isn't getting more reaction. We sell easily 3 kits per month at the regular price. I was certain this would be extremely popular and I whittled the price down to very near my wholesale cost because I wanted as many people as possible to be able to afford the upgrade. I'll post the photos of the lamps as soon as I find them.

Nick, my request for photos are by no means due to lack of trust or anything like that. I apologize if that is how it came off.

I actually need a pic or 2 of them new, un-installed. Reason for this is that I have an H4 hi/lo HID kit and I want to see what the lights look like before deciding to go with your lights and my kit or changing it up altogether.

So, if you have some new sets laying around and can snap a few front and back shots, particularly the bulb location and if present, the internal shield, that would be great.

Thanks!
Unread 11-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
GS Audio
2002 WJ 

Oh....and btw, I will post a link to this thread over on www.vwvortex.com.

We have a 4x4 Jeep thread and I am sure some of the folks there may be interested in a set of these.

Can't wait for the pics......I want to order new lights BAD!!!
Unread 11-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
crpngdth2001

I'm in for a set. $292 shipped (Ohio). Is paypal to kolak@aol.com?

Thanks for the deal, can't wait to get these installed in the Jeep.
crpngdth2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #9
Kolak
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpngdth2001
I'm in for a set. $292 shipped (Ohio). Is paypal to kolak@aol.com?

Thanks for the deal, can't wait to get these installed in the Jeep.

Yes indeed, PayPal is to kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com will work too.
Unread 11-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #10
Kolak
Vendor

Here's a photo of the stock 9004 lamps (on the left) as compared with the Euro lamps (on the right):
difference_edited.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
Kolak
Vendor

And here's an installed photo of one of the lamps:
euro_zj.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
GS Audio
2002 WJ 

Nick, looks like I will have to buy a set so I can supply better beam pattern pics.

Just a couple more questions.....

Got a pic of the back of the light? Also, the kit is H4, comes with relay harness, and bulbs.....what wattage are the bulbs?

Once payment is sent, is there a wait for getting the lights?

Thanks again!
Unread 11-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #13
Kolak
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Audio
Nick, looks like I will have to buy a set so I can supply better beam pattern pics.

Just a couple more questions.....

Got a pic of the back of the light? Also, the kit is H4, comes with relay harness, and bulbs.....what wattage are the bulbs?

Once payment is sent, is there a wait for getting the lights?

Thanks again!

Sorry I don't have any "down the road" beam pattern pics, but you have to agree, the right hand garage door looks like it's about to catch fire.

I'll have some time over the weekend to take a photo of the back of the lamp for you.

Here's a link to the information about the bulbs on PIAA's web site:

http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H4.html

The StarWhite bulbs are the ones we're using. They are part number 13903.

There will be a very short wait for the lamps to go out, nor more than 3 or 4 working days. This is not a group buy, so you won't have to wait for a specific number of people to purchase the kit, nor wait for everyone to send their funds. It's just a matter of keeping adequate inventory on the shelf.
Unread 11-03-2006, 07:02 AM   #14
GS Audio
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak
Sorry I don't have any "down the road" beam pattern pics, but you have to agree, the right hand garage door looks like it's about to catch fire.

I'll have some time over the weekend to take a photo of the back of the lamp for you.

Here's a link to the information about the bulbs on PIAA's web site:

http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H4.html

The StarWhite bulbs are the ones we're using. They are part number 13903.

There will be a very short wait for the lamps to go out, nor more than 3 or 4 working days. This is not a group buy, so you won't have to wait for a specific number of people to purchase the kit, nor wait for everyone to send their funds. It's just a matter of keeping adequate inventory on the shelf.
Just joking about the pics.....they give a good representation of the beams.

Per PIAA's site, they list wattage as this:

Wattage 60/55w=110/100w, 3800k

Kind of confusing.......is it 60/55, or more? Does the 110/100 kick in when the stated "XTRA Technology" kicks in?

In essesnce, I want it to look good without turning it into a Japanese sport compact look light.
Unread 11-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #15
Kolak
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Audio
Just joking about the pics.....they give a good representation of the beams.

Per PIAA's site, they list wattage as this:

Wattage 60/55w=110/100w, 3800k

Kind of confusing.......is it 60/55, or more? Does the 110/100 kick in when the stated "XTRA Technology" kicks in?

In essesnce, I want it to look good without turning it into a Japanese sport compact look light.

What PIAA is saying is that the bulbs draw just 60/55 watts, but have the equivalent output of a 110/100 watt bulb. Though that sounds like marketing hype, I can confirm that they are being truthful. The bulbs are extremely white and bright - there's no phony blue tint, just pure, white light. Another important consideration is longevity - the PIAA bulbs last years and years, unlike many of the bulbs on the market today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.