Originally Posted by aparke4
I think the 8.8 and 44 chunk are pretty similar in size as well as the tubes- maybe with some love the 8.8 kit would fit? Might be worth asking... The Jk is wider though wms to wms.
For some one like me with dana 30/35 there would be a lot of advantages. I have read online that some people have done front and rear jk axles for less than $2000
- The axle tubes are longer, wider, and thicker then the TJ axle tubes, axle truss will make it stronger. A Unlimited JK weighs over 1000lbs more than a standard TJ
- Much stronger ring and pinion
- Steering components and knuckles are beefier
- The JK Rubicon axles are 32 spline, the JK non-rubi axles are 30 spline vs the 30 spline TJ Rubi axles.. or even the 27 spline D35 and D30 TJ axles
- The front JK axles are high pinion vs the standard LP TJ axles.
- Larger brake components (rotors, calipers, pads) available at any parts store. Disc brake upgrade with OEM parts if going form TJ35 to JK44