Custom Parts - NalinMFG - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Custom Parts - NalinMFG

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #121
AMA-JEEP

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rock rings for my DC1 wheels

Hi there, i have 4 DC1 wheels from Dick Cepek i was wondering of you could make 4 rock rings that would fit on my wheels? They are 16"

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=252447 i wonder if u could find the measurements between the bolts or if i need to get them from my wheels? And how would i measure the distance between the bolts? Let me know thanks

AMA-JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #122
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA-JEEP View Post
Hi there, i have 4 DC1 wheels from Dick Cepek i was wondering of you could make 4 rock rings that would fit on my wheels? They are 16"

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=252447 i wonder if u could find the measurements between the bolts or if i need to get them from my wheels? And how would i measure the distance between the bolts? Let me know thanks
Are those 12 holes threaded? I have no way of obtaining the dimensions outside of you measuring or sending me one. I'd be glad to explain how to measure it if you're interested in doing it.

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters
------------------------------
Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
www.NalinMFG.com
Facebook:
NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #123
AMA-JEEP

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yes sir, i'm interested how do i measure the bolt spaces? And yes they are pre threaded bolts already in the wheel, let me know if i need a special tool. Thanks
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #124
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes sir, i'm interested how do i measure the bolt spaces? And yes they are pre threaded bolts already in the wheel, let me know if i need a special tool. Thanks
OK, I'll try to explain this on here for the benefit of everyone. You'll only need a tape measure, but I recommend either starting 1" in or with another number so that you eliminate the play in the end mechanism.

You need two fixed/known points to start with so I would pick a pair of those holes and find how far apart they are on center...for the sake of this thread I will call it 3". You will measure the straight line distance from every hole (on center) to both fixed points. I will then do what we call "throwing circles" -- the straight line distances you provide will be used as the radii of a circle. Because there are two measurements to every point the circles will intersect. The intersection is the center point of the bolt hole we are looking for.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
www.NalinMFG.com
Facebook:
NalinMFG
Unread 12-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #125
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I can do more than just Jeeps:

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
www.NalinMFG.com
Facebook:
NalinMFG
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #126
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Does your project need a custom part?

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
www.NalinMFG.com
Facebook:
NalinMFG
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #127
AMA-JEEP

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalinMFG View Post
OK, I'll try to explain this on here for the benefit of everyone. You'll only need a tape measure, but I recommend either starting 1" in or with another number so that you eliminate the play in the end mechanism.

You need two fixed/known points to start with so I would pick a pair of those holes and find how far apart they are on center...for the sake of this thread I will call it 3". You will measure the straight line distance from every hole (on center) to both fixed points. I will then do what we call "throwing circles" -- the straight line distances you provide will be used as the radii of a circle. Because there are two measurements to every point the circles will intersect. The intersection is the center point of the bolt hole we are looking for.
Don't think i forgot about measuring, i just been busy but i understand the way of measuring u suggested let me try to do it tomorrow morning.
Thanks again.
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #128
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Don't think i forgot about measuring, i just been busy but i understand the way of measuring u suggested let me try to do it tomorrow morning.
Thanks again.
Get me some numbers and I'd be happy to post up a dimensionalized CAD drawing for you to double check that we're on the same page.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
www.NalinMFG.com
Facebook:
NalinMFG
Unread 12-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #129
AMA-JEEP

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalinMFG View Post
Get me some numbers and I'd be happy to post up a dimensionalized CAD drawing for you to double check that we're on the same page.
You bet

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #130
AMA-JEEP

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wheel pic

Unread 12-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #131
AMA-JEEP

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here are the measurements, I hope this makes sense, I tried to get them as close as I could, with the tire being on the rim couldn't really get a perfect measurement, but here it goes to the nearest 1/16 of an inch.

From the 1 point

1-12= 2-3/16 of an inch
1-2= 6-5/16
1-3= 8-5/16
1-4= 13 3/16
1-5= 14 3/8
1-6= 16 3/8
1-7= 16-5/8
1-8= 15 3/8
1-9= 14 3/8
1-10= 1- 1/8
1-11= 8 5/16

From the 12 point

12-1= 2 3/16 of an inch
12-2= 8 5/16
12-3= 10 3/8
12-4= 14 5/16
12-5 = 15 3/8
12-6 = 16 5/8
12-7= 16 7/16
12-8= 14 3/8
12-9= 13 3/16
12-10= 8 5/16
12-11= 6 5/16

Outside measurement of the wheel it is 17-1/4" outside to outside

I might have missed an 1/8 of an inch here and there but let me know what the CAD determines, I figured it would match all the measurements going backwards but if I missed let me know

Thanks
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #132
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

What's the 3 to 9, 2 to 8, 6 to 12,5 to 11, 4to 12 etc... center to center, that's one of the important numbers. Ps, they all should be exactly the same.

What is the bolt hole size that you need? Make it a hare bigger than the bolt for easy fitting.
dirtycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #133
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...4A66FEEA73.jpg

He made my rock rings perfectly!! Everyone loves them.
dirtycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #134
jeepjunkytj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I used to make and sell these. The reason I quit was because the rims WILL NOT hold up to the abuse! I had to constantly remove and replace the rings. They had to come off each time I had a flat fixed, replaced tires and to sand the rust off the ring and repaint them. After almost 2 years the bolt holes on the rims started to strip out. Also the spacer eroded the finish off the rims.

If you decide to use them, Id look at using aluminum, also the bolts are different sizes, I ran bolts through the ring and into the spacer, and in between the forks of the rims to create a more uniform bolt pattern. The ones between the forks I had to special order from fasten-all. You can see the ones I built on my web site www.in2jeepn.com
jeepjunkytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #135
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkytj View Post
I used to make and sell these. The reason I quit was because the rims WILL NOT hold up to the abuse! I had to constantly remove and replace the rings. They had to come off each time I had a flat fixed, replaced tires and to sand the rust off the ring and repaint them. After almost 2 years the bolt holes on the rims started to strip out. Also the spacer eroded the finish off the rims.

If you decide to use them, Id look at using aluminum, also the bolts are different sizes, I ran bolts through the ring and into the spacer, and in between the forks of the rims to create a more uniform bolt pattern. The ones between the forks I had to special order from fasten-all. You can see the ones I built on my web site www.in2jeepn.com

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
www.NalinMFG.com
Facebook:
NalinMFG

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.