Custom Parts - NalinMFG - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Custom Parts - NalinMFG

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 12-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #136
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have a few numbers for you to check against your wheel. A few numbers were a little off, but if I know the dimensions highlighted in red we should be able to array the pattern off the center of the wheel(would just need to verify distance shown as 16-1/2"). Also need to know hole size for the bolts. If the image shows up blurry/too small to read let me know and I'll email a full size screenshot.

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #137
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #138
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Behind the scenes:
This pictures shows a piece of paper taped to the size of a jeep with my standard length rocker guards(ends at flare). A customer requested rockers that lined up with the wheelwells...so what do I do to find the new dimensions?

Take a little garage dust and rub the edges of everything. This creates a measurable paper transfer that can more easily be put into AutoCAD.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #139
jeepjunkytj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalinMFG View Post

I do miss the way they looked on my jeep. Good luck if you move forward with them. I'd be interested on how you engineer the issues out of them. Any idea how to re-thread the stripped out holes?
jeepjunkytj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #140
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkytj View Post
I do miss the way they looked on my jeep. Good luck if you move forward with them. I'd be interested on how you engineer the issues out of them. Any idea how to re-thread the stripped out holes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkytj View Post
I used to make and sell these. The reason I quit was because the rims WILL NOT hold up to the abuse! I had to constantly remove and replace the rings. They had to come off each time I had a flat fixed, replaced tires and to sand the rust off the ring and repaint them. After almost 2 years the bolt holes on the rims started to strip out. Also the spacer eroded the finish off the rims.

If you decide to use them, Id look at using aluminum, also the bolts are different sizes, I ran bolts through the ring and into the spacer, and in between the forks of the rims to create a more uniform bolt pattern. The ones between the forks I had to special order from fasten-all. You can see the ones I built on my web site www.in2jeepn.com

I'm sorry that you had trouble with the ones that you made. What was the cause of the problems -- you just say that "the rims will not hold up to the abuse" -- what kind of abuse are you talking about? There are THOUSANDS of vehicles on the road with metal rings bolted to their wheels.

If the threads are stripping and the ring was able to move/erode the finish then you did not torque the bolts properly or used the wrong thread pitch. Loctite would also prevent the bolts from ever loosening.

Yes they'd need to come off to change a flat tire...what makes you think otherwise? Tire irons pry against the lip of the wheel unless it's done on a machine. (Really though, I guess they could stay on if the outer diameter of the ring is less than flush with the lip)

I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean by "engineering the issues out of them"?
I would use a bottoming tap to chase the threads if they're not too far gone. If they are then it'd need to be drilled out and tapped to a larger diameter.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #141
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Been awhile but I never stopped in to show a pic of rings u made for me. They turned out great and I couldn't have better things to say about the way u handle ur business. Here's a pic of the finished product... image-2749197443.jpg And of course an action shot... image-2183882395.jpg
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #142
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

WOW those look great on your Jeep

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #143
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah man, I can't even count the number of compliments I've got from them. Almost everytime I stop for gas sum1 wants to take a picture of the "skull rims" lol. Had to change my fenders to keep the police happy tho, but the beadlocks still look great.

image-3258671928.jpg
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #144
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
Yeah man, I can't even count the number of compliments I've got from them. Almost everytime I stop for gas sum1 wants to take a picture of the "skull rims" lol. Had to change my fenders to keep the police happy tho, but the beadlocks still look great.

Attachment 911738

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #145
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What can I do for your project?

Check my build out if you're looking for ideas(just reloaded all the pics)
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...retch-1186346/

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #146
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Any ideas for a latch assembly for my cj tailgate that I put on my Tj?? I still have the latches that are on the inside, and they are a PITA!!
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #147
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Any ideas for a latch assembly for my cj tailgate that I put on my Tj?? I still have the latches that are on the inside, and they are a PITA!!
So you're looking for an external mechanism? Have you seen the toggle clamp setup that SWAG Offroad uses?

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #148
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, and I have seen the clamps that most people use for their swing out tire carrier... Just seeing if you had any ideas. I would like something more one of a kind, yah know.
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #149
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I know I'm not exactly bringing a lot of ideas or anything... Just seeing if you could come up with anything new.
Unread 12-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #150
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
I know I'm not exactly bringing a lot of ideas or anything... Just seeing if you could come up with anything new.
You could run bearclaw latches on the inside

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.