Conceal Carry Security Drawer for handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Conceal Carry Security Drawer for handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc.

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #91
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
any news on a YJ box?
The YJ we have has a big bar under the driver seat which makes an underseat drawer impossible. Not sure if they all have this or not. Is there room under your seat for a drawer?

tuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #92
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy2 View Post
No exact date yet, but when I left for Overland Expo there was a cardboard model on the product designers desk. Should be soon!
Cardboard? That must be the Rugged Ridge version.
SpeedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #93
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

*ZING* lol
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #94
everydayXJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The YJ we have has a big bar under the driver seat which makes an underseat drawer impossible. Not sure if they all have this or not. Is there room under your seat for a drawer?

My YJ has the slider release bar under there, but since it's a fixed base otherwise there is tons of empty space down there.

I have CASH IN HAND FOR A YJ BOX! Needs to fit a fullsize autoloader.
everydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #95
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
yeah i've got the bars on my 90 maybe some kinda through holes on the box, that you can just bolt the seat on top of the box? probably not too practical, but one of these would be pretty useful.
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #96
tuffy2
Vendor

TJ models are in final stages. Design and prototypes are done. Next step is running a batch through our manufacturing facility. We should be able to get a picture and have details on the web site shortly. Looks like price will stay the same as the JK model ($99). Many of you asked for an email or a PM when they are ready. I will do that as soon as they are on the web site so you can place orders and get in on the first batch.
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #97
parrotparty
1999 TJ Wrangler 

any news on the potential model for a cj7? id like to see one or atleast hear about some sketches for some!!
parrotparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #98
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotparty View Post
any news on the potential model for a cj7? id like to see one or atleast hear about some sketches for some!!
I think there will be a problem with the CJs just like the YJs. The cross member under the STOCK seat riser will be in the way. Of course, if you have an after market seat riser without the crossbar, it may work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #99
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
This is a must have for those of us who CCW. It sucks when you see the No CCW sign in a window and you look back and know your Jeep can't safely store your firearm...so you have to turn around and leave.
To me, you would have to be kind of crazy to enter a place with that sign anyway. I wouldn't support such a fool with my dollars. It is just guaranteeing an armed bad guy that there is no chance he will get armed resistance from the customers inside. How stupid can store owners be? Here in NY, there are no such signs, as there are practically no full-carry licenses allowed for the population. Stores in poorer neighborhoods fall victim to armed robberies often. If a business owner is lucky enough to be in a state where there are many legitimate citizens carrying guns, he is an a%&hole if he puts a sign like that up. The armed robbers are already facing years for a felony conviction for armed robbery, does the businessman think the robbers give a **** about a charge for violating a posted sign. What morons...
JOExFROMxNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #100
90jeepyj09
1990 YJ Wrangler 

solution for the yj seats....

have the drawer designed the opposite direction to open towards the back of the jeep....just flip the seat forward and open the drawer.....

[B]HARDTOP FOR SALE: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/price-lowered-need-hardtop-gone-asap-1028070/[/url][/B]

[QUOTE=JDNightFox;9210806]Obviously, you haven't taken Physics.

The terminal velocity of the square headlights is directionally preportional to the force of gravity decelerating the front wheels while the alternator is spinning at 3000 rpm's, minus the friction of the bumper pushing against the airflow with the 13 volt current the steering column is using during the time the vacuum motor is disengaged, but the mirrors must be directionally angled from the driver's window because the hood latches deflect the light refractioning down through the Nitrogen coat on the hood.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #296[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
90jeepyj09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #101
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
TJ models are in final stages. Design and prototypes are done. Next step is running a batch through our manufacturing facility. We should be able to get a picture and have details on the web site shortly. Looks like price will stay the same as the JK model ($99). Many of you asked for an email or a PM when they are ready. I will do that as soon as they are on the web site so you can place orders and get in on the first batch.
Thats great news and a decent price. You should come down on the price of your tj glovebox, it seems like it use alot less material than these.
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #102
AppFan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
TJ models are in final stages.
thanks for the update. I'm definitely ready to place my order as soon as you say it's final.
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #103
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotparty View Post
As mentioned by CopperCJ7 the seats on our CJ have a crossbar that makes a drawer under the seat not very practical. We will look again and see what we can come up with because I know they would be popular.
Unread 05-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #104
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
I think we are going to go with 2 different heights since it is pretty easy to change just the one dimension on the drawing. The extra 1.5" on the earlier models or for people who have raised their seats like you did might be pretty nice. Can't guarantee that yet, but that is where we are leaning.
So we finished up the design for the 2003 and newer models and have a 2000 TJ in the shop right now to design what was supposed to be taller model drawer. It appears that the overall seat height may be higher but there is even less room under the seat on the 1997-2002. One of the major issues is the drivers side seat tilting forward to allow access into the rear seat. Can anyone confirm that their drivers seat has a strap to pull that tilts the entire seat forward to allow access to the back seat?

Thanks
Tuffy
Unread 05-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #105
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So we finished up the design for the 2003 and newer models and have a 2000 TJ in the shop right now to design what was supposed to be taller model drawer. It appears that the overall seat height may be higher but there is even less room under the seat on the 1997-2002. One of the major issues is the drivers side seat tilting forward to allow access into the rear seat. Can anyone confirm that their drivers seat has a strap to pull that tilts the entire seat forward to allow access to the back seat?

Thanks
Tuffy
There is no strap to pull on my '06. It's a lift handle on the upper side of the seat.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.